Custer Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Custer

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Elk Canyon Pub & Grill: Maybe for Sandwiches

by apbeaches Updated Nov 19, 2013

Western themed pub & grill on Main Street in downtown Custer. Service was good, restaurant was clean. Taco salad was acceptable. I ordered an appetizer "Bucket o' Bones" lb. of ribs for $7.99. There were 4 huge ribs with meat & fat falling off. It was incredibly fatty & greasy. Funny, management is Russian.

Favorite Dish: Later, we heard from townspeople that their sandwiches are good.

• Adventure Travel

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

State Game Dining Room: Historic yet packed with buses

by apbeaches Written Aug 25, 2008

We had 6:45 dinner reservations and were seated near the noisey door of the historic restaurant. Our room had photographs of the Eisenhower's at the State Game Lodge, but ambiance was wood paneling ...

The bread was good and our salads came promptly. We then waited over an hour for dinner. While we were waiting very noisy tour groups came in and were served. Our waiter returned and was apologetic bringing our food. The salmon dish was hot with a special sauce and rice. My halibut was tasteless and sat on top of cold spagetti with a canned type of sauce.
    The broccoli floret was frozen. I sent it back & reheated food returned very quickly.

The children at the table next to us waited over an hour for their chicken fingers & were throwing items on the table at each other. Finally the parents said that they couldn't wait any longer & their food came out minutes later.

There weren't many places to have lunch in Custer State Park so we tried the lunch buffet. We got there at 11:30 and were told all of the seats in the dining room were reserved but we could go to the bar. Service in the bar downstairs was a whole different world. We enjoyed the extensive salad bar, fresh breads & soup. The buffalo stew, carving station, ribs, mashed potatoes, vegetables were hot & plentiful. Homemade pies on the desert table were good. For $11.00 each we were impressed; it was nice to get out & about in an hours time too! People that came after us complained about the crowds of tourists & that there wasn't any food left at the buffet.

Favorite Dish: Expensive & disappointing dinner in the dining room. We did better for lunch in the bar!

• Adventure Travel

• bilgeez's Profile Photo

Bavarian Inn Motel and Restaurant: Bavaria in South Dakota

by bilgeez Written Nov 6, 2004

The Bavarian Inn Restraurant is adjacent to the Motel, but not connected.
    It was large, had a nice view of the hills from the main dining area. I had two meals there, lunch and dinner. They were both very good!
    They have a German-American menu. There had Erdinger Kristalweiss on tap when I was there, they got viele brownie points for that! I can't remember what I had, but it was German, probably schnitzel or wurst or saurbraten, but I know I really liked them and they weren't that expensive. (Not like Frankenmuth, but that's another travel page!) I would recommend this restaurant to someone who wants decent, authentic German food and German beer. Their American food didn't seem bad, either, and they had buffalo and elk dishes on the menu, I believe. The people we met there, staff and other patrons were exceedingly friendly and very accomondating. I would go back there in a second, I kinda wished I lived around there so I could enjoy the place more often!

Favorite Dish: I don't remember what I had, because it was over five years ago, but I remember I really liked it, and would go back!

• Sage Creek Grill: Best food in the Black Hills

by kidcreek Written Jul 18, 2004

The food is so good that you will not believe you are in a really tiny town. This is a destination cafe, so if you are even thinking about going to the Black Hills, put this place on your map. There is no restaurant within at least 500 miles that can come close.

Favorite Dish: Pheasant-stuffed ravioli? Offerings change with the seasons, and I've only ever been there in late June. The meatloaf sandwich is probably always available, and is sublime.

• erikajj's Profile Photo

Wrangler in Custer: Wrangler in Custer

by erikajj Written Oct 4, 2002

This place is your typical greasy spoon (old, coffee drinking, smoking men included) but it had suprisingly good breakfasts.

Favorite Dish: breakfast - the Country Hash was wonderful and my husband enjoyed the buffalo sausage.

• erikajj's Profile Photo

Laughing Water Restaurant: Laughing Water Restaurant

by erikajj Written Oct 4, 2002

The restaurant at the monument is reasonably priced and the food is good. We enjoyed having pie and coffee after wandering around the museum.

Favorite Dish: homemade pie, sandwiches, or ice cream

Instant Answers: Custer

Comments

Custer Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Custer restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Custer sightseeing.