Deadwood What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Deadwood

• WILDEFLOWER's Profile Photo

Packing List

by WILDEFLOWER Written Sep 7, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Where good walking shoes. Dress in layers. Gets cool in the evenings.

Miscellaneous:

[ View My Guestbook ]
    [ Sign My Guestbook ]

• Seniors

• Packing List

by RODEONan Updated Aug 26, 2002

Luggage and bags: We use our regular suitcases with wheels. And our boys use thier duffel bags.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Clothes can be pretty casual. There are some nice reseraunts, so something a little more dressy might be handy, but not super fancy.
    Shoes, I would suggest some comfy walking shoes. Deadwood's main street is no parking, so you'll be walking to the casinos. For the mine tours and cave tours, take sneakers or hiking boots. I always bring my sandals and hiking boots with lightweight socks.
    Weather gear, usually a light jacket or sweater is needed in the evening. Normal casual wear is okay. If you chill easy, take a light coat and sweatshirt or jacket to layer on. Lot's of people use fanny packs to carry their gambling money/winnings. Be sure to take a fanny pack or purse that won't get in your way, but can hold your things.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Toiletries, just what you usually take on trips.
    Meds, I always take asprin and band-aids. Pretty much a basic first-aid kit works fine. Since there may be mosquitoes and insects like them, take some anti-itch cream.

Photo Equipment: I can't talk about digital cameras, but we take our regular 35 mm and sometimes those re-uesable cameras and are happy with those.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: There are campgrounds in Deadwood, but I've not stayed at them so I ccan't really answer this one.

Miscellaneous: Bring your sunscreen and maybe a small folding umbrella. Or a rain hat, for those quick showers. Something that is small and easy to use.

Instant Answers: Deadwood

Comments

Deadwood What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Deadwood what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Deadwood sightseeing.