Deadwood Restaurants

• Dragon Near the Chinatown Restaurant Entrance
    Dragon Near the Chinatown Restaurant...
    Table at Jakes
    the Midnight Star

Most Recent Restaurants in Deadwood

Diamond Lil's: A Sports Bar and Grill

My Husband at Diamond Lil's

Diamond Lil's is another restaurant located in the Midnight Star. We had a very good, reasonably priced lunch here. I ordered a Chicken Chimichonga, which was the special of the day, and it was quite good. This is a sports bar and grill, tastefully decorated, with various TVs spaced throughout the bar and restaurant. This is a good place to order a beer, a hamburger, or appetizer, while catching a sports game on one of the large or small screens. The menu features many different types of burgers, as well as other sandwiches, pizza, salads, snacks, and steaks.

Chinatown Cafe: A Chinese Restaurant

My Husband at the Chinatown Restaurant

This restaurant was recommended to us if we liked Chinese food. We found this to be an average quality Chinese Restaurant with reasonable prices. If you are going to be in town for a number of days and would like an inexpensive meal you might try this. However, this would not be my first choice, as I have had better Chinese food. My neighbors in Michigan are Chinese immigrants and I know what traditional Chinese food should taste like, as they have served us many meals in their home. This is an ok meal, but not great. Lunches are served daily from 11:30 to 2:00, dinners from 5:00 to 9:00 Sunday through Thursday, and 5:00 to 10:00 Friday and Saturday evenings.

Jakes: Fine Dining

Table at Jakes

Located in the Midnight Star, and owned by actor Kevin Costner, you will find decorations that include costumes in glass cases as well as posters and photos from many of his movies. This is the fine dining experience within the Midnight Star. Two locals who consider it one of the best restaurants in the Deadwood area had recommended this restaurant to us. We found Jakes to be an elegant restaurant with linen napkins and tablecloths, impeccable service, and excellent food. This may really sound awful, but my husband had a Buffalo Poccocio appetizer, which was paper thin slices of raw buffalo meat, fine chopped red onion, olive oil, and capers. Pieces of poccocio bread were placed around it, and the entire dish was served with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. It was so delicious! I wished that I had ordered one! We each had a Caesar salad before our main dish. For the main course my husband had an Imperial Chicken, which was a breast, stuffed with cheese sitting on a pool of creamy sauce. I had walleye with macadamia nuts. Both dishes were excellent, and were served with a potato and asparagus. We also each had a glass of wine with the meal. The desserts looked great, but I was too full to have one. Although expensive for the Dedwood area, if this restaurant had been on the east or west coast of our country it would have cost a lot more. For the atmosphere, service, and excellent food, it was a bargain. If you are into gambling Jakes included two booklets of gaming coupons along with our bill, to encourage us to gamble in their main floor casino.

Favorite Dish: The Caesar salad is made in the traditional way with anchovies and raw egg. If you love an authentic Caesar salad, you cannot go wrong with this salad.

• tielgirl's Profile Photo

Saloon 10 Social Club: Decent Food

by tielgirl Written Jun 17, 2010

From reading previous reviews, I was afraid I was dressed too casually. However, turns out it is a casual restaurant. There are standard tables and chairs in several different rooms. The walls had painted on curtains to give ambiance. The floors were wooden. Like other reviews said, there was an extensive wine list. My husband and I don't drink wine, so we looked at the beer list, which was limited but adequate. I ordered the special of the evening, angel hair pasta in a white wine sauce with garlic and artichoke hearts. It came with a side salad or soup and bread. The salad was your basic green salad with two baby carrots that looked like they had been too long in the refrigerator. I didn't eat them. The bread came in a sliced loaf, and it was just OK. My husband chose the wild rice vegetable soup. He doesn't care for broccoli and it tasted more like broccoli soup than vegetable soup. However, he really enjoyed the pasta carbonara. My dish was pretty tasteless, especially the chicken. The waitress gave us the check and didn't even ask us if we wanted dessert. She just told us where to pay. I thought that was odd, because we were torn between having dessert there or going across the street and getting ice cream. So, we chose the ice cream.

• The Deadwood Social Club: What an amazing find!

by ksmarick Written Feb 21, 2010

What a fantastic restaurant! We were told by locals to eat here and given directions to the Saloon #10 (it's upstairs). We had to wait about ten minutes for a table, but that was fine as they have a beautiful bar with rows of wine and a martini list that I didn't even finish perusing before our table was ready! We were seated in a cozy little booth with our menus and a wine list that must have been 50 pages long! We were immediately greeted by our server who told us the dinner feature and asked if we would like a drink or appetizer to get started. We, of course, needed a few minutes to look over the gigantic wine list, but did order the shrimp and sausage appetizer. That arrived promptly, and we ordered a surprisingly inexpensive bottle of wine. While we waited for our wine, we tried the appetizer--TO DIE FOR!! It was delicious! The wine arrived, and our server was very adept at presenting and serving it. We then ordered our entrees. I ordered the seafood nest (a recommendation by our server) and my husband ordered the Kobe Ribeye. We were then served our soup and salad with bread. The bread as well as the soup were homemade and delicious. My salad was fresh and served with a sun-dried tomato vinaigrette that was fabulous. Our entrees arrived in a timely fashion, and were beautiful. My seafood nest was fried angel hair pasta shaped like a nest and smothered in a basil cream sauce with shrimp and scallops. Cutting my husband's ribeye was like slicing through warm butter and the flavor was sensational. After dinner, we split a dessert (homemade tiramisu) that was too big to finish. After paying, we went back to the bar and had after dinner drinks while sitting around their outdoor fire pit. This place is a must if in Deadwood.

• Wine Tasting

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Deadwood Social Club; Saloon #10's: Deadwood Social Club

by apbeaches Written Aug 25, 2008

A difficult restaurant to locate. We walked through the downstairs bar with wood chips on the floor finding the elevator upstairs to another world. We sat outdoors on the veranda overlooking Main Street watching the shootout & happenings below. Our waitress was friendly and attentive.

The wine list was very extensive. Our waitress packed up the rest of our bottle for the next day. Yes. this is the only restaurant listed in the Wine Spectator.

Loved the bread & butter. Our salads were wonderful. The tortellini with grilled chicken was exceptional. The shrimp scampi over linguine with a fresh tomato sauce was fresh & tasty. The homeade cheesecakes were a draw, but we were just too full.

Favorite Dish: Although we heard the home made cheesecakes; the tortellini with grilled chicken was incredible!

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Gem Steakhouse in the Mineral Palace: A Gem

by apbeaches Written Aug 25, 2008

We had a difficult time finding the stairs or elevator upstairs from the Mineral Palace Casino. Once upstairs we were surprised & put off by the wait for a table. We enjoyed the friendly people at the bar while waiting for our booth. The ambiance wasn't too exciting; this was all about the food.

We enjoyed a relish tray while waiting for out food. Pickled veggies, olives, herring, were a treat. My bleu cheese salad had fresh cheese it was wonderful! My husband ordered a steak fajita salad & was surprised there weren't any tortillas. They made a batch for him, but they appeared a bit too well done. The was juicy and tasty. My veggies were wonderful, the potatoe perfect & the ribs were the best I've had. They were thick, sweet, and the meat fell off the bone. Three BBQ sauces were provided one was better than the next; sweet, spicy & a raspberry horseradish sauce.

Favorite Dish: The best ribs I've ever had!

• heitzenrater's Profile Photo

first gold!: 79 cent breakfast

by heitzenrater Updated Jan 22, 2008

Price you can't beat!

This dinner is located on the actual site of the first gold discovery in Deadwood Gulch back in the late 1800. Breakfast is a steal, although when we went we lost in the slots and i guess the meal actually costed us about 300. I guess thats why the meal is so cheap. The website tells you everything you need to know about the place.

IF YOU LIKE MY POST PLEASE GIVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, THANKS.

Favorite Dish: 79ยข Breakfast
    Your choice of two eggs, hashbrowns and toast.
    Steak and Eggs - $7.99
    USDA Choice 8 oz. Chuck Tender, two eggs, hashbrowns, and toast.

Served every day 6am - 11am

• silverado: silverado crab legs mouthwatering !

by oldwestluv Updated Dec 4, 2007

The crab legs are mouth watering, you will actually crave them weeks later, and probley make the trip back to enjoy more. I live 200 miles away (400 round trip) and travel back every chance I get. I've had one bad experience in deadwood at Saloon #10 a women posing as a waitress took our drink order, brought 1/2 our order back, next upon returning to get the rest of our order took our $100.00. We'll needless to say the other 1/2 of our order never returned or our $70.00 in change. When we reported it, we were told we were targeted and this is a problem at night, so now we purchase our drinks directly from the bar and I advise everyone else to do so also. But the Silverado food always pulls us back it's that good!

• Casino and Gambling

• Jake's: Kevin Costner's Flop of a Restaurant

by jmljoos Written Aug 9, 2004

Supposed to have AAA Four Diamons-found out it hasn't in several years. The food is not good, expensive- $20-36. The girl playing the piano was loud. One member of our party had rancid steak and was ill all night, the rest of us had upset stomachs. NOTHING SPECIAL about this restaurant except Kevin Costner owns it!

Favorite Dish: None

• Casino and Gambling

• B.B. Cody's Back at the Ranch

by RODEONan Written Aug 26, 2002

B.B. Cody's
    Back at the Ranch
    Cute cowboy signs, nice relaxed family atmosphere, reasonable cost and our little boy likes the kids menu
    They ring a big old dinner bell when an order is up and you can see the flames from the grill when they toss another steak on!
    It's in the back of the casino. They also have a neat snack shack style downstairs for the kids &/or parents in the arcade. With hot dogs, pizza and drinks. They can play games and eat, too

Favorite Dish: The Prime Rib. Yummy!
    You get a choice of prime rib size, baked potato, salad, drink and texas toast. My fave item to order is the 8 oz. prime rib meal.

• MISS KITTY'S / CHINATOWN CAFE...

by RODEONan Written Aug 26, 2002

MISS KITTY'S / CHINATOWN CAFE / CONSUELOS

We've eaten at the Chinatown.
    Authentic Chinese and Mexican food. Daily lunch specials served from 11:30am to 2:00pm, evenings 5:00pm to 10:00pm.

Favorite Dish: I really can't pick just one fave. here. I love chinese food and they have a very good menu with a wide variety to choose from.

If I have to choose, I guess it would be the seafood plate. I really love that, instead of sweet and sour sauce, they have plum sauce! Yumm

• DoctorDon's Profile Photo

Several places in Deadwood...

by DoctorDon Written Aug 24, 2002

Several places in Deadwood offer buffets -- $5.99 to $10.99 for a prime rib dinner or
    buffet. Breakfast and luch buffets are available, too. Watch out, though, for hamburger deals; you'll get a better one (a hamburger and a deal) at McDonalds. Coupons abound to bring the cost of the various buffets even lower.

Favorite Dish: In most cases these buffets offer not just prime rib, but also ham or chicken or ribs as well -- and it's still all you can eat.

• WILDEFLOWER's Profile Photo

We ate at the Saloon #10. It...

by WILDEFLOWER Written Sep 7, 2002

Deadwood

We ate at the Saloon #10. It was fun and the food was good.
    Old west theme. Family atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Hamburgers and french fries.

Instant Answers: Deadwood

Comments

Deadwood Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Deadwood restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Deadwood sightseeing.