Deadwood Warnings and Dangers

Outlaw VP Player...lol!
    by Jeff42

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Deadwood

• Jeff42's Profile Photo

Entering casinos with a drink in hand.

by Jeff42 Written Apr 20, 2005

Outlaw VP Player...lol!

I traveled to the Black Hills in May of 1991. I entered Deadwood from the north and stopped at the first casino on the right. Not knowing how fast the cocktail service might be, I brought an unopened beer in with me(a can of Coors, btw). I sat down at a machine to start playing. Immediately I was accosted by a female employee "Where did you get THAT beer?" she asked in a very annoyed and rude manner. "I brought it in with me" was my simple reply. "Well," she remarked disdainfully "give me that one and I'll bring you another". She comes back a minute later with a bottle of Coors. I was shocked. I had been a player for over 10 years at that point in my life and have Never had, heard or seen anything like this in Vegas, Laughlin or anywhere else. People float in and out of casinos all the time with a drink and no one cares, except in Deadwood I gather. Also, it was the first and last time a casino employee has ever spoken rudely to me anywhere. I left that casino after that beer and headed down to a nice little bar with about a dozen VP machines and had a very pleasant time for 3-4 comped beers(1-2hours...lol!) I don't know if there is a local ordinance against walking in a casino with a drink in Deadwood and I certainly respect the law if there is one but the way that employee handled the situation with an out-of-towner was just plain wrong. I am a very pleasant, easy going guy who tips well and is always friendly with the dealers, bartenders and waitresses. I am never a trouble maker. Like I said, I was shocked to be spoken to in that way. Moral to the story: as in any other place you may visit, there are nice friendly people and there are jerks and Bs. Avoid the Js and Bs as much as possible. We are there to enjoy ourselves.

• Casino and Gambling

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo

Watch Your Colors

by mrclay2000 Updated Dec 11, 2002

Between here and Devil's Tower, many establishments won't permit biker emblems or colors within their premises. Be aware that excessive leather, bandannas and other motorcycle motifs may prevent you from entering a place of your choice.

Instant Answers: Deadwood

Comments

Deadwood Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Deadwood warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Deadwood sightseeing.