Brentwood Travel Guide

• "Together"

Brentwood Things to Do

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

by TravellerMel Updated Aug 4, 2012

A wonderfully fun idea - Artist Linda Rhea will walk you through, step-by-step in recreating a painting in 2 hours! Go to the website and check out their calendar for the month. Select the painting you want to do, and sign up for that day. In a fun, no-stress environment you will create that work of art. Believe me - I have absolutely NO artistic talent, but I am pleasantly surprised after each class at what I am able to do. The best part is you get to take home your completed masterpiece at the end of the class, so you get that immediate gratification of having completed a project. Classes are only $35 (slightly more for the "specialty" classes like painting on tile or the textured canvasses), and they supply the canvas, paints, brushes, easels, smocks - all you have to do is show up and bring a beverage of your choice. >-)

• Singles

Brentwood Hotels

Brentwood Restaurants

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

by TravellerMel Written Jun 29, 2012

Chinese and Japanese cuisine is served in this locally well-known restaurant (there are several locations in Tennessee and Alabama). The Diet Coke was flat, so we had the unsweet tea which tasted fresh. I had a pork egg roll as an appetizer and my husband had the wonton soup - we enjoyed both, once they cooled down. We both had a lo mein (I had pork, he had chicken) and agreed it was very tasty. Ample quantity - I only wish the onions had been cooked longer (I don't care for crunchy onion). It was quite good, and we were too full to get dessert afterwards. The restaurant feels elegant, but not stuffy. I think the lunch specials are a great deal - egg roll or spring roll, entree with rice for $7.95.

• by TravellingPierre Written May 7, 2010

What can I say, the food is great and the people are friendly. I went to the Judge while on a business trip. I came in alone in what was clearly a favourite with the locals. I was sort of the stranger in town. The owner, a larger than life type, greeted me and offered me his place at the bar for dinner. Within seconds I knew this was my lucky night. I was handed a generous drink and a menu with one appetizing dish after another. I took the sampler and was blown away by this Texas BBQ. Everyone was very friendly and I would be more than remiss if I did not mention the music. The bar band was very good and a series of patrons blew me away with their singing. All in all a memorable evening at a restaurant I would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Dish: The ribs were fantastic and the brisket amazing. But for me, the chicken was the best. It was cooked to perfection and seasoned subtly and tastefully. You heard me right. To many times what passes for tasteful is a fistful of fire. Not here, this was past BBQ. This was Texas cuisine.

I would also add the margerita. Not a natural for this kind of place. However, this was the Cinco de Mayo. The relevance is that they made a real mexican margerita. No mix, no slush, just tequilla, grand marnier (nice touch) and lime on ice. Perfect! What else would you expect from an owner who lived five years in Mexico.

• Business Travel

• Brentwood Hotels

9 Hotels in Brentwood

Instant Answers: Brentwood

Comments

Brentwood Travel Guide
Map of Brentwood