Chattanooga Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Chattanooga

Hair of the Dog: Hair of the Dog

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 25, 2014

Saturday, April 12, 2014, Tony and I had to stop at our favorite pub in Chattanooga..we love this place. We took a seat in the corner near the windows up front. We ate a little bit earlier (sharing some wings at Sticky Fingers) so we just wanted a little bite of something.
    So we ordered the Reuben Rolls..sounded different and good so WHY NOT..? right? well I am not a Reuben fan but Tony is..and Hey I am good spouse..I aim to please!!!

We ordered the Reuben Rolls to share which are Eggrolls filled with Reuben Filling and then a 1000 Island dipping sauce..it was good, hot and filling..they take three and cut them in half...I was able to eat two halves and Tony had to eat the rest..I was full..
    He ordered a beer and I ordered a soda...We will definitely go back here again..and we will try something new each time..
    If you have NEVER had Reuben Rolls...you MUST try these...DEFINITELY !!!

Sticky Fingers BBQ: Sticky Fingers BBQ

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 25, 2014

Saturday April 12, 2014..Tony and I was walking around Chattanooga, Tn and we were visiting the Moonpie General Store and we smelled the great food coming from Sticky Fingers across the street..so we had to go there..

We arrived about 11 in the afternoon and they were just opening up. We opted to be seated in the bar area and our waitress was very pleasant. We opted to order a order of 6 wings with a spicy rub to share with blue cheese and ranch for dipping. Tony ordered a large draft beer and I ordered a soda. The ticket was less than $11 with taxes.

The wings were very good. A little dry but that was expected with the rub. We had several different sauces on the table to choose from. The sauces were very good. I really liked the Habenera sauce, but they were all good. We had a great meal together. We will definitely eat here again.

Lupie's Pizza Pie: Lupie's Pizza Pie

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 21, 2014

on Tuesday, April 15, 2014, Tony, Matt, Lora, Janie, Ethan, Dakota and I had a much needed lunch at Lupie's Pizza Pie in Chattanooga, Tn. It was the first time there for all of us and the Pizza was really good. I would definitely go there again.

Wally's Restaurant: Wally's Restaurant

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 6, 2014

Awesome prices and friendly staff... will definitely be back again and again
    Tony and I left Nashville Saturday April 5th, 2014 about 330 am and headed towards Georgia. By the time we reached Chattanooga area we were ready for breakfast. So after we took the I24 South at the split from I75, we took the first exit on Ringold Rd. We found Wally's Restaurant on the right hand side near some hotels.
    We like trying new places and the sign advertised it had been open since 1930's ...so we figured this place has been good for the LOCALS it should be good for us.
    It is much larger inside than it looks outside. We were greated immediately and seated near the front at a very comfortable booth.
    They have a large breakfast buffet that was full of food and full of hungry customers digging up the morning goodness.
    Tony and I asked for a menu, Not much of a buffet person..Don't like all those faces around my food...I ordered a sweet tea with lemon and BLT on White Toast with little mayo. Tony ordered one egg over easy, sausage and biscuits with gravy. It was brought really fast and it was really good. Our waitress was Jennifer and she was so very nice. We told her it was our first time and she was so nice. Gave us so much information about the restaurant, about hours and dinner buffets. The breakfast buffet was only $7.29 plus taxes per person plus drink and taxes. We took our order from the menu and we were full.
    The price was so so so good...it was only $10.87 with taxes...I tipped her 30% tip...and we will definitely be back again and again.
    The food was Awesome, and home cooked fresh..
    The waitress was Awesome and so friendly
    I tasted the sausage...ummm good !!!
    I tasted the gravy...OMG just like my mawmaw used to make...
    I put his egg on my BLT and OMG..it was delicious...the tomatoes were so fresh, red, deep and ripe...GREAT !!!

Hill City Pizza: Hill City Pizza

by butterflykizzez04 Written Mar 30, 2014

Tony and I was in Chattanooga for the day. We thought we would eat a couple small meals, that way we could try a couple different places. So, our third stop was Hill City Pizza. I had seen this location back in November 2013 and wanted to try it...so today is the day!!!

We had driven to the North Shore side of town to drive out to the end of Manufacture Road to see the Moon Pie Factory that has been in operation ((non stop)) since 1917. You can't take tours, but you can drive out and see it.

So, we parked down by Coolidge Park parking lots ( Free on Sundays) and went into the Hill City Pizza. The place was empty..I asked the waitress, where is everyone and she said outside..We opted to eat inside, the place was EMPTY..I figured the patio must be packed. It was 62 degrees and sunny, makes sense...

Tony ordered a 16oz Pabst Blue Ribbon for $2.50 and I got a soda. We ordered a "Supreme" pizza small for $10 because they don't sell by the slice..DISAPPOINTING !!!!
    The pizza was sort of hand tossed to thick...and they don't use a brick oven or fire pit..just a normal oven I am assuming...The pizza took about 25 minutes, not bad...but the place was empty and the decor was very bare and the televisions were not working..when the pizza arrived it was sort of whitish crust....I think it was a little under cooked. I could have baked a little longer and gotten a little more browned. The green pepper chunks were way to big and didn't taste cooked..still a little crunchy...

I would give this pizza a 3 out of 10 stars. I will not eat here again.
    Not even sure who our waitress was because three different people waited on us.
    The decor and feel of the place 1 out of 10 stars...wait staff seemed a little out of sync. I took a look outside and it was not that full maybe 5 or 6 tables of people...not sure what the issues were here today, but there are too many great places to eat. Besides, Community Pie on Market is still my favorite Pizza in Chattanooga...

Just saying..I am giving them a 2 star rating...and I won't be back.
    $18 with taxes plus tip...too expensive for pizza that was NOT that Great...

Sugar's Rib: Sugar's Rib

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 25, 2014

Everything on menu is ala carte so it can get expensive...
    Saturday Feb 22, this was our first visit to Sugar's Ribs off exit 181 in Chattanooga...I have to say...the "View is Amazing"

After hiking for a little while in Georgina at Fort Mountain State Historic Park, we drove back up to Chattanooga to have lunch. We chose to try Sugar's...there are several billboards advertising the restaurant and teasing us to try some LIP SMACKING RIBS..

Well, we parked and were immediately in AWE of the view of Chattanooga..we went inside and spoke to the server behind the counter.. He showed us that we could chose whatever meat we would like...Tony chose 1/2 slab of ribs and I chose the 1/2 roasted chicken...we also chose a side of mac n' cheese and a side of potato salad to share..Tony got a budweiser and me....sweet tea with lemon...Tony and I split the ribs and chicken

We had several different sauces to choose from and they are all very vinegary
    But the food was good.
    We ate outside on the patio to enjoy the 65 degree weather and the view...but the food was expensive...$31.95 with taxes before tip...
    The food was also NOT the best I have ever eaten...
    but the view was SPECTACULAR !!!

Big River Grille & Brewing: Big River Grille & Brewing

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

July 8th, 2012, My daughter, Noelle Teel, my hubby Dale Vanoy and I went to Chattanooga for the day..just sight seeing and enjoying the great day.. We opted to eat at "Big River Grille and Brewing Works"..Noelle had never eaten at a Big River before, not even the one we have in Nashville, so we decided to take her to this one..

The place was packed tight, it was a Sunday afternoon about 1pm..so we were packed in with the After Church crowd...but it was pleasant..I love the feeling and atmosphere of Big River..reminds me of a Irish Pub with the lighting, the decorations and the deep dark wood..I love this feeling in restaurants,...makes me feel warm and very inviting...( etc. etc. etc.....but I really like this feeling in a restaurant)

Tony got his usual Budweiser (no imports or designer beers for him), I ordered my usual unsweetened tea with lemon and lime slices and Noelle ordered a sweet tea..

I just love their bread basket at Big River Grille..they have really great homemade artisan breads...LOVE THEM..could make a meal on them alone!!

Noelle ordered the Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti noodles and Marinara sauce..she loved it..great portion...so definitely great value for the price. Tony ordered the Spicy Buffalo chicken sandwich with fries, but for the price..the bread could have been something different from white toast..but he enjoyed the meal..not very appetizing to me..but hey not my choice...

I opted for my usual, I love this meal...Chicken Flautas with Black beans and Mexican Rice with Guacamole and sour cream...I love this meal...I order it all the time..It is my favorite at Big River Grille in Nashville also..

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Chattanooga area and want a good meal in a comfortable place..I would have given them a 5 star if it hadnt been for our server..older gentleman..had a HUGE ATTITUDE over my husband ordering budweiser instead of one of their craft brewed beers....we tried to shrug it off, but he was so COCKY and rude about Tony's choice..I finally had to ask him.."HEY,, are you buying our meal?"..he said "NO"...very sharply..then I said..."Fine then, stop telling us what to order and get our drinks..." I had to get rude right back!!!
    Other than that, great food! Great Restaurant...
    I wouldn't have said it if our food wasn't already in front of us...lol !!
    Would want any retaliation in our FOOD..if you know what i mean !!!!

Community Pie: Community Pie Pizza

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Okay...I am in LOVE with this pizza!!!
    My hubby and I live in Nashville. We came down for the Susan B Gorman Walk for Life Breast Cancer at the field near the Farmers Market..and we enjoyed the that as well..another review...lol!!!
    Anyway, we went from there to the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel and then drove down Market street on our way to the Riverfront area for lunch. We passed "The Community Pie" and I said...PIZZA...let's stop...he said "OH NO!!! Pizza again!!!" I told him come on ..they will have beer and its new to us..so we found FREE on the street parking and walked around the corner to the eatery. I loved the old buildings and enjoyed taking a few photos on my way in to the restaurant.
    We were immediately greeted by two of the wait staff and asked if we wanted to eat inside or on the patio..and we opted to eat inside..The restaurant was GORGEOUS...dark paneling and very roomy. We chose a large comfy booth near the windows on looking the FIRE BRICK OVENS...and where Tony could see the large screen television to watch the Football game (( sunday you know)))
    Our waiter, John Michael...was so very friendly..we told him it was our first time here and that we were from Nashville and he immediately began to make some helpful offers and menu selections to help us choose..
    I ordered iced tea with lemon and lime, and Tony decided to get a PBR on draft and we opted for the SUPER HERO Pizza $14 to share..John said it was perfect for one or two..and we opted to share...6 slices...we sit and talked and I took a few pictures..I was having issues with my camera and John Michael offered me some suggestions on how to fix it or get it fixed..Then he brought us drink refills and our PIZZA..
    OMG...it looked AWESOME!!!!
    OMG...it tasted AWESOME...it had 2 types of cheese, pepperoni, some sausage and Chile imported from italy...OMG...delicious...We ate the entire pizza..it was thin and nicely browned on the bottom but yet not crunchy thin like crackers..it was pliable so we could roll it up and eat it..It was delicious..the crust was brown and crispy and delicious...
    I can't to eat here again!!!
    Next time in Chattanooga, which is in a few weeks for the Oktoberfest..we are going to eat here again!!!!
    I highly recommend this restaurant and I can't wait to eat here again and again and AGAIN!!!!
    I wish they would open one in Nashville near their Taco restaurant there!!! They would do so well in Nashville with this wonderful Pizza!!!
    I love Community Pie...I want more..
    The biggest disappointment....when I took my last bite of my third piece and realized I had no leftovers for home!!! That was MY ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
    Next time, order TWO!!!!
    Problem Solved!!!!

Brewhaus: Brewhaus on the Northside

Outdoor German band
    Tony and I love the Northside of Chattanoogna. We were drawn to this Brewhaus by the lovely Polka music we were hearing while strolling the sidewalks and the parks on the riverside...so we went to investigate and found outside "OOMPA PA PA BAND" on the sidewalk area of the Brewhaus...wish they had been in Coolidge Park and more room to enjoy than a wide opening on the sidewalk in front of the Brewhaus..but it was enjoyable..

Making me wishing I had went to the Volksfest in Nashville...hummm...I will go to that event on Sunday...lol !!!

We enjoyed the atmosphere and great music..
    Tony ordered a mug of New Belgium Beer that they were selling..sort of dark but good and full body tasting..I enjoyed a soda..I am the driver back to Nashville...lol !!! and when I checked in on my YELP app on my smart phone I was rewarded with a check in gift...a free Bavarian Pretzel...YEP...thanks to YELP..I am a winner of a great Pretzel.. with some awesome German Mustard...thanks YELP....Just what I wanted and Needed.....some great salty goodness...

Highly recommend to all on the Northside adventures in Chattanooga!!!

• Music

The Pickle Barrel: The Pickle Barrel

Smokers welcomed
    OMG...We loved this location..
    I was attracted by the building...I am a huge huge huge architecture NUT!!
    When I saw this corner building off Market street that was a bar and so old looking I was drawn in immediately...and of course since it was a bar that gave us great reason to go in, enjoy the atmosphere and take pictures..and me to be nosy...and being Nosy I am...lol!!!!

We went in..immediately I fell in love. The inside is dark wood and stone and glass windows making it look more open..OH what I wouldn't give to be in this building in the early 1900's..when it was new...
    the end corner booth was empty ...and I had to sit there!!! I was actually excited...lol!! Yes I am a weirdo...!!!

We sit down in the booth and our waitress immediately arrived with a menu. I apologized that we had already eaten but we had to stop in and get a drink so I could view their gorgeous building..she was very pleasant and took our drink order. The place is not big at all inside and if it had been a peak time frame for a meal..I would have felt really bad about taking the BEST SEAT in the house..
    But it was a Saturday, after 2 so they were not busy...but I knew I was going to tip her well just because I didn't want to make it not worth her wild...Tony ordered a PBR...we were bar hopping and since we are from Nashville, we knew this could potentially be very expensive..so PBR was his drink of choice..but to our pleasant surprise...it was only $2.25 for a bottle..and I ordered Tea with lemon and lime..I wanted unsweetened but she messed up and gave me sweet...good but too sweet for me..but hey I had the best seat in the house..I wasn't going to complain and return it..

Tony was immediately in love due to the fact he could smoke..which is surprising since small and food but the sign on the door did say NO ONE UNDER 21 admitted. There was a jukebox and we had the corner seat in the window ...I want to go here again and again..I looked at the menu and the prices for sandwiches and wings were very reasonable..Reuben only $5.95...that is a good price...next time!!!

we enjoyed our drinks and had to move on to the next conquest..Tony loves it when I am exploring a new city...extra beer for him...and tons of photos for me...lol !!
    we will definitely definitely be back to the Pickle Barrel in Chattanooga...and I recommend if you can...grab the end corner booth...great view of the inside establishment and the outside scenes...
    Oh there is an upstairs outside patio....with spiral steps going up from the inside bar area...check it out...We will!!!

North Chatt Cat: North Chatt Cat

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

We are in love with this little corner establishment.
    I personally say its a bar that is bright open and cheerful, not dark like most bars..and they serve food. They have some bar seating and a few tables ( 2 seaters) and then there is a patio area decking outside to the side...larger than inside seating area..
    that is where you smoke..
    The inside is white walls and big windows..I liked the atmosphere inside. There were a couple tvs watching saturday football..and the owner is an Elvis fan..
    We ordered a Soda and PBR...only $1.90 for the beer..yes $1.90 for 16 oz can..great bargain..she charged me a $1 for my large glass of soda..
    Can't beat this with a stick..we are definitely going back here...
    Great views of the Walnut Street bridge, the river and Southside of Chattanooga..from the patio..
    checked out the menu, pricing for the simple sandwiches are very reasonable as well...you can definitely eat here and stay within your budget..
    Highly recommend..I am going back again and again!!!

North Shore Grille: Northshore Grille

Tony enjoying a beer

We enjoyed this establishment and caught some of the Alabama vs Tennessee college game...The place is huge compared to its neighbors on Frazirer Av/St...REALLY big..so it will handle huge crowds..
    There is also a large outside area with great views of the River and the Walnut Street Bridge..
    We sit in the bar area..we ordered a soda and PBR and with tip and taxes only $6..our ticket was under $5...great value and deal..love the prices..can definitely afford to bar crawl in Chattanooga...
    Which keeps Tony smiling...we didn't eat here but checked out the menu...most food average seemed to be $9.95 per person..which is about average..smelled good...so I would definitely eat here in the future.
    Highly recommend..Great interior..great service and friendly staff...

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar: Catch the Games(s) at Buffalo Wild Wings

by TravellerMel Written Sep 9, 2013

Came here to watch the Lions vs. Vikings game... and the Saints vs. Falcons game... and the Titans vs. Steelers game... Luckily, at Buffalo Wild Wings (aka BW2), you can watch all the games - they have a few dozen TVs all around the restaurant and bar, so just tell the hostess which game you are interested in, and they will seat you in that vicinity. Whenever we are traveling on a game day, we always look up the address of the BW2 so we can make sure we don't miss a play!

If you are going on game day, get their early or you may end up watching the game from the railing...

Favorite Dish: I love the boneless wings! You can choose from a variety of sauces and heats - I get the Medium and the Honey BBQ, which are yummy. :-) Our companions had the chicken nachos, and it was huge - they were quite happy with their selection as well.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Mr. T's Pizza and Ice Cream: Mr. T's Pizza and Ice Cream

by TravellerMel Written Sep 23, 2012
    Mr. T's

This was a popular place to go after riding the Incline Railway - directly across the street. There were lots of families there eating pizza, but we went for the ice cream. Hand-dipped, and the portions are HUGE. We each got a single (which was actually two scoops) for a total of $5. It was very tasty, and a welcome break to sit and people-watch for a few minutes.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

The Terminal Brewhouse

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jan 29, 2012

The Terminal Brewhouse is a great microbrewery located adjacent to the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. This great little spot has wonderful beers and good, filling meals. We wandered over one night from the Chattanooga Choo Choo and were very pleased with the great meal and drinks. For our beers, we had the Belgian White, Copper Ale, and a Maibock. Laura had the Brewhouse burger made with lamb, and I had the Brewhouse burger made from bison.

The beers were $4 each, and the burgers less than $10.

Instant Answers: Chattanooga

Comments

Chattanooga Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chattanooga restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chattanooga sightseeing.