Chattanooga Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Chattanooga

• soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

Vaudeville Cafe: Murder Mystery Dinner Shows

by soundsgoodtome Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre is a unique experience that everybody will enjoy, even people like me who normally don't like such things. I was talked into coming here for my birthday, but ended up liking it. They currently have 4 different shows, each playing once or twice a week on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. We went to the Redneck-Italian Wedding, which was very funny dispite the emphasis on stereotypes. The audience members are active participants, with a few actually getting to speak and come on stage. The characters all go around and talk to the audience members throughout the show. At the end you get to vote on who you think committed the murder. It is definitely worth the time and money, and especially good for kids. Kids always get in for $12, but adult prices vary between $19 and $24.50, depending on the show and time. See the website or call them for shows, times, and prices, reservations are required.

Favorite Dish: Dinner here is a small buffet consisting of salad, baked ziti, pasta primavera, italian meatballs, and garlic rolls. The food is not the best italian food out there, but its not bad either. The dessert, however, is chocolate cake with raspberry sauce, and it was delicious.

• Theater Travel

• soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

MudPie: The Central Perk of Chattanooga

by soundsgoodtome Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Mudpie, located on the corner of Frazier Avenue and Market Street just on the north side of the river, is more than a simple coffeehouse. Besides offering several different blends that change daily, the Mudpie has soup, sandwiches, desserts, and more. This is my favorite restaurant, and coffeehouse, in the entire city. It has an eclectic local flavor and its walls are adorned with artwork. Recently, they added a single flat-screen plasma tv, which although I enjoy, almost took away from the atmosphere by making it noisier and less peaceful. Despite this, the Mudpie is my top choice for coffee and pie in Chattanooga.

Favorite Dish: The pizzas at Mudpie are really good. They come in 3 different sizes I think and you pretty much choose all the toppings you want. My favorite entree is the mexican spud, a baked potato with cheese, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions, which I hold. The black bean burger is also very good. As you can see, the MudPie is vegetarian-friendly. They used to serve french fries made from sweet potatoes that were nasty, but now they have more normal fries with a somewhat-spicy seasoning that are really good. They also now serve breakfast from 7 until 10:30 on weekdays, and brunch on weekends starting at 9. I tried the breakfast burrito which was pretty good, but the pancakes here are delicious, better than anywhere else! The Mudpie also has beer and wine.

• amidnightsun's Profile Photo

Provino's: Best-kept Italian secret!

by amidnightsun Updated Apr 4, 2011

Provino's Italian Restaurant

Low-lit atmosphere, friendly service, very romantic & authentic.

Favorite Dish: I reccomend the fettucine alfredo. Of course it is not the healthiest dish, but then again, you have never tasted alfredo quite this rich. And with the complementary home-baked garlic rolls and salad, you can't go wrong! Top it off with a piece of their decadent ricotta cheescake. You won't regret it.

• Vaudeville Cafe: Food and Entertainment all in one!

by griff1863 Written Sep 7, 2010

When recently visiting Chattanooga, my husband and I didn't have a lot of time but really wanted to enjoy something a little bit more than just dinner at a chain restaurant. So we happened to find Vaudeville Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, and I'm so glad we did! It was the most fun we've ever had at dinner! As you walk in to this theatrical setting, the actors are already there greeting you completely in character! (Not to mention its hilarious from the start) As you're seated the show begins, we went on a saturday to the "Redneck - Italian Wedding", and immediately the energy and excitement was fantastic. The food was also great, and you had a variety of things to choose from, most of it being italian dishes. (and it was all you can eat buffet style, so my husband was excited about that) Overall if you're looking for a very inexpensive date night, definitely visit Vaudeville!

• Theater Travel

• 212 Market: Shrimp and Grits? Ludicrous! Delicious!!!

by huffes Written Mar 9, 2010

This restaurant was recommended to my family by a local, and it was fabulous. It was a little nicer than expected, cloth napkins, etc., but in a fancy bar-type atmosphere. Our local tipster required we order the shrimp and grits, which my wife and I thought was crazy. We followed orders, and were not disappointed in the least. What a combination. The chef is a genius.
    Service was good, but the restaurant was not busy for a late lunch on Sunday in December. If you are in town and need a decent restaurant to check out for some local fare, this could be your place. We were fat and happy when we left.

Favorite Dish: Cheese grits with shrimp was an amazing combination, rich, full-flavored, taste-sensation. Who'd'a thunk it?

• Trains

porkers: bar-b-que

by doug48 Written Sep 18, 2009

porkers bar-b-que

porkers is a very good bar-b-que restaurant on market street in the warehouse district. great tennessee style pulled pork bar-b-que. porkers is very popular with chattanooga locals. i would recomend porkers to visitors to chattanooga.

the blue plate: american

by doug48 Updated Sep 17, 2009

the blue plate

the blue plate is a contemporary cafe style restaurant located across the street from the tennessee aquarium. they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. good american cuisine moderately priced. a good dining value near the riverwalk.

Favorite Dish: the plates are blue ?

rio picante: tex-mex

by doug48 Updated Sep 17, 2009

rio picante

rio picante is a very good tex-mex restaurant located near the tennessee aquarium. good mexican food at moderate prices. they have a roof top bar which is a great place to have a margarita or two after work.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Sticky Fingers: BArbeque at Its Best

by BruceDunning Updated Feb 3, 2009

Front entrance off Broad St.

It is a real rib joint, with the sticky fingers and all. They have good sized plates, and sides of beans, fries, slaw and the usual samplings.

Favorite Dish: I had the combo of 1/2 ribs and a 1/2 pound of pulled pork. Both meat were good, and the sauces were a great accompaniment. They had 6 different sauces from the south stretching all the way to Memphis dry and web rubs. Sides of beans and potato salad were just okay. Salads were huge and a meal for two. A large 25 oz beer of $5.25 was justified. Ribs combo was $15.95 and salads were $8.00.
    They ship countrywide the fare. The history is phenomenal where 3 high school friends get together some years later, and in 1992 start the first restaurant. It is now a number of about 6-7 places. They had trials and and learned about how to get along. See the attachment for the story.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

The English Rose Tea Room: A little bit of England

by 807Wheaton Updated Aug 29, 2008

Exterior of the English Rose Tearoom

This tea house is across the street from the Holiday Inn - Chattanooga Choo Choo.
    The decor is definitely British - lots of teapots on display.
    We had lunch there and defnitely felt it was a special place to enjoy some time.

• Seniors

• deaglos's Profile Photo

Mellow Mushroom: Best Pizza in town.

by deaglos Written Mar 8, 2008

It has been 4 years now that we have taken our girls to Chattanooga for their birthdays every year. We either goto the Creative discovery museum, or the Aquarium, but always goto the mellow mushroom. The food and the atmosphere is good and fun. They are almost always full, but have great attitudes and the wait is normally not long and well worth it.

Favorite Dish: everything including the dessert pretzels

• elmendorfs's Profile Photo

Country Life: ONLY Vegan Restaurant in Town!

by elmendorfs Written Dec 26, 2007

Cafeteria style, pleasant atmosphere, and friendly staff who serve unbelievably large portions of very tasty vegan dishes. They also feature a salad bar with an array of vegetables and home made dressings that make it difficult to STOP when you really should. And don't forget the assortment of 'made from scratch' deserts that typically include a selection of fruits and berries. Many of the vegetables are grown on thier private farm about 20 miles away.

Favorite Dish: They feature a different entre' every day, and offer the entre' and two sides for about $6 USD... and one side can be a single trip to the awesome salad bar! This selection is easily more delicious food than anyone should try to eat in a single meal! And that doesn't include desert! (yet)

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Big River Grille and Brewing Company: good food at Big River

by davecallahan Updated Mar 1, 2007

Whether you go in for just an ice cream or a brewski or lunch or a full dinner plate, you will get your money's worth and leave satisfied.

We did the early dinner. I went for the roasted chicken and my wife had the tuna steak sandwich. The chicken was cooked in walnuts for added flavor and the tuna had a pineapple sauce on it. We had side salads and cup of coffee. Finished it off with carrot cake for dessert.
    The cost was about $22 (2003 price) and we had doggy bags of left overs.

The restaurant has a mixture of tables, bar and stools and booths. The main area is well lighted and the lighting dims along the edge tables and the bar (more cosy that way). The people were mostly tourists from the Aquarium stop and were dressed casual. There were also outside tables but it was a bit cool that day so they were not being used.

The waitress was friendly, busy but not rush-rush, and made us feel welcome. The service was a bit slow but that was to be expected due to the crowd.

We'd do this place again, the next time we are in Chattanooga.

Favorite Dish: Roasted chicken and carrot cake

• GeneralTsao's Profile Photo

Acropolis, The: THE best value in fine dining!

by GeneralTsao Written Mar 14, 2006

We told a couple that we were going to Chattanooga, TN for a daytrip, and they immediately said that we had to go to The Acropolis restaurant--that their food was "absolutely the best, and their desserts were to die for."

We sought out The Acropolis, and it was very easy to find, and though on the opposite side of Chattanooga from where we intended to visit (Lookout Mountain & Point Park) it was just a 20-minute-or-so drive.

The first thing you notice about this restaurant is that it's very clean. Everything is neat and tidy. The freestanding tables have tablecloths; the booths do not. Some tables are outside on the patio.

The only negative I have to say about this restaurant is that our server, while pleasant, was not helpful at all in helping us select meals, in spite of the obvious hints we dropped such as, "we've never been here before." When she came back in a few minutes for our orders, I said that we weren't ready yet because we were trying to understand the menu (many items had Greek names). She just said, "that's OK, take your time and read it and I'll get your order later." Then she split. LOL

So, while my wife and I were discussing the menu, a man across the aisle turned to us and asked what type of food we like--pasta, chicken, seafood, etc.

He continued by making pleasant conversation, asking where we were from, etc. He said he has many customers that come from Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville and other places. "You eat here once, you will be back," he said.

As it turns out, this man, Teddy Kyriakidis, is the founder & owner. We had a nice chat about restaurants, business, food, family, etc. He told us about growing up in Greece during WWII then, some years later getting to come to the US (New Jersey), and over the years owned several different restaurants til he landed in Chattanooga "ten years and eight months ago."

He has only one location. He said that if you have more than one location, your food can't be as good. "Most restaurants have cooks. I have a chef. It's a big difference."

Favorite Dish: Mr. Kyriakidis recommended to me the Shrimp Tourkolemono. "Dip your bread in the sauce," he told me. Then he ordered an extra basket of bread for our table. The bread is really good, by the way. He took a homeland recipe and modified it to his taste. There's white, and brown bread. The latter is similar to pumpernickel but not as heavy or dry. House-made honey-cinnamon margarine spread is provided)

La Wife got some pasta dish which was very good--I just don't remember what she got.

Mr. K insisted that at least one of us get the house salad with the house dressing (a vinaigrette he created himself), so we ordered this salad, and a Caesar salad for me (while the Caesar was good and of excellent quality and freshness, I prefer a bit more anchovy--I could not taste it in this salad).

My shrimp was really excellent! There were only about six shrimp and so I thought I'd be hungry, but the shrimp were large, and there was plenty of sauce for the bread, so combined with the salad, I was really full afterward!

My favorite part of our visit was Mr. K himself--it's really cool to meet someone who has a true love for what he does. He is so proud of his restaurant! The desserts, he said, have never been in a freezer. All are made fresh every day in-house. The amazing thing is that the selection is HUGE!

I'm accustomed to restaurants having only a handful of desserts, but there must have been 20-30 items available. I'll post photos of the menu. Hopefully it will be big enough to read.

Mr. K recommended the Strawberry Patch Cake (his own creation), and the Raspberry Patch (this one is not found on the menu but he recommended it). He also suggested the Baklava Cheesecake (Yup. Another of his creations). We got the Strawberry Patch and the Baklava cheesecake. Both were excellent, and serving sizes were generous.

I think our entire ticket was around $35 (for two persons). Includes Cokes, entrees, salads, desserts and taxes.

Mr. Kyriakidis was right. We will definately be back.

• grishaV1's Profile Photo

Buffalo Wild Wings: Spicy Wings alá Sports Grill

by grishaV1 Written Sep 20, 2005

the pic is off jacks alley in between market and b

Buffalo Wild Wings is a chain of sports bars that specialize in chicken wings, specifically of the "buffalo style" variety. The atmosphere is terrific, and the service at this location was very good. The wait staff was knowledgeable about what they served, and willing to help in making choices. Your choice of wings with 12 signature sauces were delivered hot and quick, and even at the "off" time of the day (2pm-4pm) the side of the business where all the TV´s and smoking section was packed out.

Drinks specials nightly, and of course ESPN and any sports channel blaring the latest scores. It seemed a very popular place even in the middle of so many other bars and restaurants, plus locals and regulars dominated but were friendly as well. Waiters knew most of those coming in by name. Its rather on the dark side of course, to highlight the many big screen TV´s, but seems a great place to start an evening or have a quick tasty lunch and beer.

Open Mon-Thurs 11am-1am
    Fri-Sat 11am-2am
    Sunday 12pm-12am

Favorite Dish: We just spent 5 hours in the bowels of Lookout Mtn, deep below its surface without having eaten any breakfast beforehand, so we were starved! I opted for the 2 dozen wings hot flavored. Ok, I like hot foods, and usually with hot wings I can handle the heat...well, these were almost too hot for my taste, but I was hungry so I ate them all with 2 margueritas to wash them down. My lips were burning but I was really satisfied.

They also have salads, sandwiches, typical bar foods and appetizers. We also had a big side of fries and onion rings, crispy, tasty, YUM! You can also buy the sauces bottled to try out at home. For two people, our total came out to almost $30 because of the drinks. I usually keep a copy of the receipt to give prices, but sorry I´ve lost it. You can try the website for that.

Instant Answers: Chattanooga

Comments

Chattanooga Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chattanooga restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chattanooga sightseeing.