Cookeville Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Cookeville

• WFTR's Profile Photo

WFTR's General Tip

by WFTR Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: I lived just down a street behind the football stadium. The walk from my front door to the chemical engineering building took about 10 minutes, and I made that walk a couple of times a day for almost three years. There were days when it rained, and the walk could be pretty miserable in the rain. There were days when I was sick with discouragement, and the pain in my stomach made me just hope that I could get to apartment. I was once walking home late at night, and some idiot came from behind and drove his care within about a foot of me. Those weren't such great walks. However, they were balanced by other walks. They were balanced by the night I saw a meteorite that was brighter than any I had ever seen and broke into several pieces that glowed green for a moment. They were balanced by gorgeous spring days when everything started to bloom and crisp fall days where the cool air made my heart leap. I'm not one of those idiots who wants to try to force everyone into living as they did in college, but I appreciate the good things about those days.

• fluteangel's Profile Photo

Visit TTU if you're a...

by fluteangel Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit TTU if you're a prospective student and get a student to show you all the fun things to do. There are lots of organizations and TONS of places to eat and things to do.

Fondest memory: One of my favorite things to do is to relax and unwind at Poet's on the Square and Bookworks. It's a coffee shop/bookstore with the absolutely best atmosphere. I've got my entire family hooked on it and they don't even live here!

Instant Answers: Cookeville

Comments

Cookeville Favorites

Reviews and photos of Cookeville favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cookeville sightseeing.