Dickson Travel Guide

Dickson Hotels

Dickson Restaurants

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I decided to head for Memphis, TN for the evening ...just jump in the car and go with no plans, hell not even a change of clothing...Thank goodness we keep an emergency bag in the car with some clean items and extra toothbrushes, and necessaries!!! I try to stay prepared..you never know!!!

We decided to stop in Dickson, TN off I-40 on the way from Nashville to Memphis to grab some lunch and we stopped at O'Charley's right off the exit. We have eaten at a few before and enjoy their menu choices..so it was a simple decision!

Tony and I was seated immediately and greeted by our Waitress within seconds. I ordered my Unsweetened tea with lemon and lime (zero points on WW 360 plan) and Tony ordered a Budweiser 12oz bottle ( 5 points for anyone counting)...I grabbed my trusty android phone and started searching the menu for my choices. I have the Weight Watchers 360 Points Calculator App downloaded so it helps me peruse the menu for my educated choices.
    I opted to order the " Santa Fe Tilapia" with a pico salsa, rice and broccoli..This is a 10 point dish for anyone counting the Points with WW 360..AND it is AWESOMELY GOOD....I loved the Pico salsa which is Zero points and ordered some extra..it was really good on the grilled fish filets..I tried not to eat all my rice since it was the highest point structure on the dish, and ate all the steamed broccoli..one because it was seasoned perfectly and tasted well but two, because it was so healthy.

I had to pass on the rolls but Tony enjoyed them. He ordered the Deep Fried Fish and Shrimp with the Cheesy Broccoli Casserole with Tartar sauce..I would have had to pass on his dish. It looked great!!! But it was like a 32 point dish ( the allotted amount for the entire day)...so NOT something I could eat., But he loved it.

He also chose to eat my Mini Caramel Pie with Whipped cream and chocolate chips and nut topping....they gave it to me FREE for my birthday month...but I couldn't even imagine the points for that one...so he ate it for me!!!! I couldn't bare to watch!!!! So, I played a game on my Android....lol !!!

Our waitress was very nice. She offered me a unsweetened tea for the road. The Tip, food and taxes was well under $30..so it was a great meal....and I stayed within my Point allotment for lunch!!!

• Seniors

• shurepets's Profile Photo
    Shirley and her Sisters Dottie and Wilma 1 more image

by shurepets Updated Jan 4, 2008

Oh WoW ! Best place in town for real home Cookin',Large dining rooms,Lage buffett,No meat and three here,No one goes away hungry,
    Friday and Sat Nights catfish and Chicken and either ham or roastbeef.
    Wkly lunch from 11-2 always fried chicken and other meats
    Sunday Chicken ,fish,always home made dressing ,veggies,Corn bread ,rolls, Home Made Pies,
    Been Owned by same owner for 32 years,
    Its where the Locals Eat,
    Close to Montgomery Bell State Park

Favorite Dish: Home Made ,No premade store boughts here.......Home Made Corn Bread
    Banana Pudding,home made peach cobblers,

• Seniors
    • Business Travel

• Dickson Hotels

21 Hotels in Dickson

15 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: Dickson

Comments

Dickson Travel Guide
Map of Dickson