Franklin Restaurants

• Melvin's Blackened Chicken w/ PoBoy in Background
    Melvin's Blackened Chicken w/ PoBoy in...

Most Recent Restaurants in Franklin

• susiemargare's Profile Photo

granite city food and brewery: really good food, really good service

by susiemargare Updated Jun 24, 2014

i thoroughly enjoyed my recent lunch at granite city food and brewery. i ordered fish and chips, and they brought me two enormous pieces of fish, a very generous supply of waffle fries (french fries cut in a waffle pattern), and a nice-sized bowl of cole slaw. the fish was crispy but not burned, and moist but not soggy on the inside. the fries were just right, not too hard, not too soft. the cole slaw had just the right amount of tang to it without being bitter. this was approx $12, which i thought was quite reasonable for the amount of food i got.

the menu includes appetizers ($8-$13), salads ($10-$15), soups ($5-$6), pasta dishes ($13-$16), sandwiches and burgers ($10-$15), pizza ($10-$12), fish and chicken cooked various ways ($13-$23), ribs ($18-$22), steaks ($19-$33), and half a dozen desserts. some items are slightly less expensive at lunch ($7-$11). there is a brunch on sunday (adults, $21). they also have gluten-free items. from my experience with the fish and chips and the caramel apple crumble (see below), i feel quite confident in predicting that anything on the menu would be very satisfying.

they have several types of hand-crafted beer plus a wine selection and various mixed drinks.

service was very attentive without being intrusive. it is a large place, but there are sections divided from each other and booths of all different sizes, so it doesn't feel as large as it is. there are TVs, but they overhang only a couple of the corners and do not dominate the room. i couldn't even hear them where i was sitting, which is just the way i like it!

dress code is casual, but you would also feel comfortable coming here for a "nice dinner out" and a little more dressed-up.

there are lots of restaurants in this price range, but this one is outstanding. i would not hesitate to bring ANYONE here.

their hours are mon-thurs, 11 am to midnight (full menu until 10 pm); fri-sat, 11 am to 1 am (full menu until 11 pm); and sun, 9 am to 10 pm (brunch, 9 am to 2 pm, full menu until 9 pm). i forgot to notice whether they take credit cards, but i am sure they do.

in additition to the website shown below, their facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/granitecityfoodandbrewery.

Favorite Dish: for dessert, i had what they call a caramel apple crumble; this would be plenty enough for anyone who wanted more than a snack but less than a full meal. it is sort of like a large muffin (the menu says it is a "puff pastry") with an apple filling (apple slices held together with a terrific apple goo flavored with caramel sauce and cinnamon), topped by a more-than-adequate scoop of vanilla ice cream and a little pouf of whipped cream. it comes on a dinner plate drizzled with caramel sauce. this was the best dessert i have had in a long time, possibly in my whole life! it cost $6 and was worth every penny.

• Singles

McAlister's Deli: McAlister's Deli

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I went to dinner last night at McAlister's Deli in Franklin but I really consider it Brentwood area..This was our first time there. We went there on Saturday January 5th, after I got off from work.

I had received a coupon to save $5 to celebrate my birthday. So, we said..HEY why not...so we stopped. He ordered the "New Yorker" which was a hot pastrami and corned beef sandwich with swiss cheese on rye toast and side of Mac n' cheese. I opted to order the half size Muffaletta and side of potato salad., and the manager gave me a free bowl of country potato soup when I told it was my birthday dinner.

It was very good!
    We ordered the Sweet Tea with Lemon (they serve NO Alcohol) and the restaurant is brightly lit with tables and plenty of room (no booths) and the waitress brings the food to you after you order at the counter.
    The tea is Very Good!!!

We split the sandwiches so we could both try them out. He ate the Muffaletta first and I ate the New Yorker...we both got full off the great food..so we had to bring some home in a doggie bag....
    I recommend the restaurant and we are going to go back soon to enjoy some more delicious food and try something NEW each time..
    Please try out this wonderful restaurant..you will LOVE IT....

• Seniors

Chili's Bar & Grill: Chili's Bar & Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

We went to try out this restaurant. Matt had told Tony that the Ribs was really good!! So, while out one day shopping at the Cool Springs Mall, we said "WHY NOT?" so we went. The restaurant was very clean and bright..not enough tvs available to watch for Tony's taste but the decor was very lovely and very mexican...with the bright oranges, yellows and reds.

We ordered the 2 for $20 ...we choose the Queso Dip and chips for the appetizer and he took the 1/2 rack of ribs and i chose the chicken fajitas....very good choices.
    I drank my usual unsweetened tea with lemon and lime and Tony had budweiser Light draft...2 for one happy hour special..we had a great meal.

The chips were so thin and awesome!!! We really enjoyed the queso dip. It was very tasty with meat and cheese and jalapenos..I loved it.
    We will go again!!!

Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Mellow Mushroom Pizza

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

OKAY, I want to start by saying I am sorry, I really really really wanted to like this pizza, so let me start at the beginning..
    We arrived in Franklin just about 4pm and stopped for some Pizza..I am on a pizza roll right now..Can't get enough of it...we have eaten at Mellow Mushroom in Nashville near Vandy several times and enjoyed it so we were very pleased to find one here..
    We parked in the alley behind the restaurant...FREE but there is also a parking garage there too so you have parking options..a lot more than near the Vandy location ...so this was a big PLUS..We entered from the side patio entrance which was packed, but I prefer to inside anyway..I loved loved loved the decor...Loved it..with all the brick bare walls and the exposed pipes on the ceiling..a warehouse feel in an old building..I loved it..I loved the bright and colorful artwork , the tables and booths with ample seating...loved it all..and it was crowded...
    ll
    We went to the hostess area and they seated us immediately. Our waitress was so friendly and young...probably a college student..which I like...I love to tip them cause since they are working hard to get through school...I always leave them a 20% or sometimes higher tip..same with elderly...ha ha ha...really anyone that is a good waiter or waitress.. she was sweet..she took our drink orders immediately.
    Tony got his usual Budweiser in a bottle and I ordered the unsweet tea with lemon and lime and sugar on the side..it was good brewed strong the way I like it.

We ordered the HOUSE SPECIAL pizza large so we would have some take home...thinking we are going to LOVE this pizza...full of hopes..
    WELL...here is where it goes down here....
    They moved a man and woman behind us with about 10 unruly children from 10-15 yrs old boys and girls and parents were either stone deaf or just didn't care..but the place was packed..and these kids were LOUD, up and down..bumping into us repeatedly..then about 30 minutes later she brings the pizza and it is on a wheat crust..I didn't complain...the sauce was so bare on the pizza so we asked for some sauce on the side..and about 15 minutes it was brought out to us..it wasn't the waitress..she had to put the order in to the kitchen..she kept apologizing..I felt sorry for her because she had the unruly table too.. The pizza was cold..it just wasn't good!!! The whole slices of tomato on it was YUCK!!!! the only thing good was the wheat crust..which we didn't order...the smoke applewood bacon was burnt...well needless to say,..we had more than half leftover..we took it home but I gave it to my neighbors dogs...

With 20% tip and taxes it was over $45..I could have went to pizza hut for $10....and it would have been 100 times better..I won't be going back to MELLOW MUSHROOM in Franklin anytime soon...but I loved the decor and the waitress...

Pie in the Sky Pizza: Pie in the Sky Pizza

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I wanted some Piz za...I am on this huge Pizza kick lately!!
    We were heading down to Cool Springs Galleria to do some shopping for my grand baby's first Christmas and decided to try "Pie in the Sky Pizza"...and we were pleasantly surprised!!!

Our waiter was Michael.
    we were seated greeted immediately in the bar area near the many televisions so we could watch college football.
    We ordered the small 9 inch "Happy Family" Pizza, the baked stuffed mushrooms with ranch dipping sauce and the Froccocia Bread with dipping oil"...he ordered a Budweiser or two in the bottle..they only had lite on draft..and I ordered Unsweetened tea with lemon/lime.

He delivered everything together at the same time!
    It was delicious. Just the right size..just the right amount...No leftovers!!!
    We both agreed we would eat there again!
    Might try something different but would eat there again.
    The pizza was great!
    The baked mushrooms were delicious !!
    Not crazy about the bread and oil..but we we would eat there again!
    Michael was very nice and very attentive.

Then we went to the mall to walk it off..we were both STUFFED !!!

Puckett's Boat House: Puckett's Boat House

by TravellerMel Written Mar 28, 2013
    Puckett's Boat House

Came here for lunch on a Saturday - it was busy, but not crowded. I loved the ambiance - it felt like the restaurants close to the fishing camps in Louisiana. This restaurant is devoted to seafood - fried, grilled, blackened - you name it! Prices are reasonable, and the portions are nice. The wait staff was a little slow, but very friendly. We were told they have live music Wednesdays thru Sundays - we'll have to go back to check that out!

Favorite Dish: I had the fried shrimp po-boy - it was delicious! You could tell the shrimp was fresh, and it was not over-fried like some places tend to do. My husband had the popcorn shrimp basket, which he enjoyed. We were both quite full after our lunch, but the waitress mentioned a chocolate pecan pie, and I HAD to try that! It was served warm - oh MAN that was good! :-)

Cork and Cow: Cork and Cow

by TravellerMel Written Feb 20, 2013

Definitely more "high end" than my husband and I usually patronize - we came here for our family Christmas dinner. The restaurant is lovely - small, very dark, and woody, and cozy feeling. This would be ideal for a "date night". We had a lovely time - the waitress was great, offering suggestions of appetizers and wines, and the service was casual - gave us time to converse and have a relaxed, good time without dragging on. The filet mignon was PERFECT - soooo flavorful and tasty. I really enjoyed our visit, and would definitely go back for a special occasion.

The Frothy Monkey Coffeehouse: The Frothy Monkey Coffeehouse

by TravellerMel Written Feb 20, 2013

The newest coffee house in Franklin will likely give Starbuck's a run for it's money! We came here before a concert at the Franklin Theatre and the place was packed. We placed our order at the counter and garnered a sweet table on the patio. The food arrived quickly and was delicious. I loved sitting out on the patio and can imagine sitting at the barstool railing, drinking a cup of coffee, while it rains - how blissful! The menu is attractively priced and quite full, for a coffee house. They offer salads, soups, sandwiches, and full-plate dinners - most under $10, with the plate dinners maxing out at $16. This is the perfect place to stop for a bite pre-or-post show at the Franklin Theatre, or for coffee and breakfast before or after church. The staff was friendly and prompt - I loved this place and can see spending a lot of time here.

Favorite Dish: I had the Royale sandwich (hot sandwich with turkey, swiss, tomato, avocado, lettuce and basil mayo) for $8, and a black iced tea. My husband had the PMP (hot sandwich with proscuitto, mozzerella, provelone, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and basil mayo) for $9, and a black iced tea. Both came with corn chips and salsa and was quite filling.

Uncle Bud's Catfish Shack: Uncle Bud's Catfish Shack

by TravellerMel Written Sep 10, 2012

Came here with my husband for lunch. He had the fried catfish po-boy and I had the chicken tender po-boy. French fries tasted fresh, not frozen, and are the thick cut type. He really enjoyed his po-boy, but I did not care for the sauce they used on the sandwiches. Unlimited drink refills. Cute, casual atmosphere - very kid friendly. For the sandwich, fries and drink, ~ $12.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Cajun Steamer Bar & Grill: A Taste of New Orleans in Franklin, TN!

by TravellerMel Updated Sep 30, 2011

Melvin's Blackened Chicken w/ PoBoy in Background

Loved the ambiance - cajun music playing in the background, fun casual setting. We ate on the back patio which was very nice. And they offer Abita Amber beer!!

Favorite Dish: We started with 1/2 dozen chargrilled oysters - yummy!! I had the Atchafalaya Pirogue - Fried eggplant stuffed with grilled tilapia and topped with a crab cream sauce which was delicious, and my companion had the crawfish po-boy. I was very happy with the selections and they brought back "home" for me!

UPDATE 9/29/11: Another return visit - this time I had the Melvin's Blackened Chicken - blackened chicken, caramelized onions and bacon with balsamic glaze over mashed potatoes. Although I wish the onions had been *just a little* more done, it was a wonderful dish - very tasty and filling.

Papa Boudreaux's: Cajun Flavor in Franklin: Papa Boudreaux's

by TravellerMel Written Jul 18, 2011

Located in a historic building on Franklin's Main Street, this is a new restaurant to the area (opened in April 2011). Very small inside (9 long picnic-style tables) and seating is "family style". Menu is posted on the chalkboard. The prices are a little intimidating, but they note "large portions" and are not kidding - I ate on my crawfish etouffee for 2 more days (not bad for the $15.95)! They do allow you to share, so that would be my recommendation, unless you fancy bringing home leftovers. Food was tasty, but not seasoned to where I would call it "authentic". My etouffee was blonde... My husband had the chicken creole, and found it to be too "tomato-y". I thought it tasted good though.

The service was friendly and fast, and I love that they sell Abita Amber beer, which was a staple with Cajun food when I lived in New Orleans.

• doug48's Profile Photo

puckett's: southern cuisine

by doug48 Updated Apr 4, 2011

puckett's

puckett's is a very good restaurant in downtown franklin. the decor of restaurant is an old grocery store. they serve southern cuisine such as bar-b- cue, fried chicken, and catfish. on my visit to franklin i had breakfast there and i was quite satisfied. they offer a full bar and have live entertainment at night. a very interesting place to visit in downtown franklin.

• Museum Visits
    • Architecture

Franklin Mercantile Deli: Franklin Mercantile Deli

by TravellerMel Written Mar 1, 2011

Franklin Mercantile Deli

"The Merc" is a local gem; casual, cozy and artsy, like other great Nashville haunts. Mismatched tables and chairs, local artist handiwork on the walls - even the live flowers in mason jars on the table - this is the epitome of funky, local chic.

Food is very tasty and inexpensive.

Favorite Dish: I got the 1/2 sandwich and soup for $6.95 - OMG the tomato basil soup was out of this world! I got a Diet Coke, but wished I had gotten the fresh fruit tea, as it looked and smelled wonderful! Oh well, next time... :-)

Mickey Roo's Texas Barbeque: Mouth-watering BBQ

by TravellerMel Written Jul 13, 2010

Mickey Roo's

Very casual BBQ place - you can smell the meat smoking in the back as soon as you park. Very heavy, rustic wooden tables and chairs - Texas-western decorations on the walls (license plates, rodeo stuff, photos of actors, etc). Prices are very good - most things on the menu are less than $10. Portions are generous. Live music most nights. Service is friendly and fast.

Favorite Dish: My boyfriend always gets the beef brisket. I've had the pork plate with fried okra and BBQ beans, which was very good. I think my new favorite dish here is the BBQ tacos - brisket, pork or chicken in corn tortillas (you can get 2 or 3) with two sides. Very filling and so yummy!

Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant: Old-Fashioned Traditional American Fare

by TravellerMel Written Jun 1, 2010

Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant

Wonderful old-time grocery store converted into a restaurant and performance venue. I love the ambiance of the old, mismatched wooden tables and chairs, and 50's era grocery decor. A small stage at the front holds live musical performances, including a "Rising Star" contest. Food is simple, fresh, and fast. This is a great place to visit when you are in Franklin - the weekly meat-and-three is ~$10.

Favorite Dish: I had the spinach salad with grilled chicken ($9.25) which was very tasty. My boyfriend had the weekend platter ($9.99), which was BBQ beef brisket, baked beans and another veggie. We ended with a warm chess pie with ice cream ($5.50) which was out of this world!

Instant Answers: Franklin

Comments

Franklin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Franklin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Franklin sightseeing.