Gatlinburg Restaurants

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

The Park Grill: Dine in a Grand Old Park Lodge Type Setting

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Feb 28, 2008

The Park Grill

When we first entered The Park Grill I had visions of being at Yellowstone Lodge in Wyoming. This place is much smaller, but still has the same look, with massive wooden log beams forming a rustic cathedral. A beautiful mural, in three parts - separated by the beams - depicts historic Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains. For that "National Park" feel you will definitely want to enjoy dinner one evening at The Park Grill. The restaurant is open daily for dinner only, beginning at 5 p.m.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed a Smoky Mountain specialty: "Abram's Creek Rainbow Trout," pan fried with lemon butter caper sauce - grilled over old hickory charcoal - served with lightly seasoned rice.

• melanief's Profile Photo

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co: Great Seafood

by melanief Written Oct 3, 2007

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market

The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market is a chain of seafood restaurants inspired by the 1994 movie 'Forrest Gump' The theme is cajun seafood and 'Forrest Gump'. There are license plates on the table, one says 'Run Forrest Run' and the other says 'Stop Forrest Stop' and if you need your server to stop at your table, then you flip the plate to read 'Stop Forrest Stop' and that lets the server know you need something. I enjoyed the restaurant, the decor is unique and the food was great.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the shrimp scampi, it was delicious and filling. The serving size was a great value for the money. The shrimp was exceptional.

• Gondolier Restaurant Gatlinburg: Great Prices and Lots of Food

by coopers1966nashville Written Oct 2, 2007

While in Gatlinburg we ate at and loved the Park Grill and the Pancake Pantry...with a travel group of 8 family members we fell in love with the food, prices and quick seating that we found at the Gondolier. We went back a second time before returning home. A nice place to eat when in Gatlinburg.

Favorite Dish: The made a delightful Chef's salad...more than I could possibly eat.

• msamyj's Profile Photo

Crawdaddies: You Gotta Get the Blackened Prime Rib Appetizer!!

by msamyj Written May 3, 2007

We ate on the balcony overlooking the main street of Gatlinburg...This was the one restaurant my hubby said he could go to eat at everyday.

Favorite Dish: We got the Blackened Prime Rib Appetizer served with a side of Horseradish sauce...it was AWESOME! It was recommended by the waiter who was friendly. Hubby got the blackened prime rib po-boy, and i got 1 lb of crawfish with corn and potatos. Crawfish was a little spicy..like i love it!!...it was one of the best meal hubby and i have ever eaten!

• msamyj's Profile Photo

No way Jose's: DONT MISS THIS ONE!

by msamyj Written May 3, 2007

This was a great restaurant!..Casual atmosphere, food was the best we have ever eaten as far as mexican goes. Hubby had the Outragious Burrito, I ate the Quesadillas. The Salsa wand chips that are complementary was the best we have eaten...and the main course was great.

• The Cherokee Grill: Gatlinburg's Best Steakhouse

by KateeeMarie Written Apr 6, 2007

My family has vacationed in Gatlinburg every summer I can remember, and we first discovered the Cherokee Grill 3 or 4 years ago. Inside, the restaurant is very large and feels like a mountain lodge, complete with several fireplaces. There is a bar as well. The waitstaff is very friendly and efficient. Also, this might be the most random piece of information ever, but the restrooms are fantastic - the soap smells great. Plan on going here for dinner, as it opens daily around 3 or 4.

Favorite Dish: We start off our meal with the delicious Spinach, Cheese & Artichoke Dip. It is served with tortilla chips and is a good sized portion for an appetizer. My family also likes their House Salad. Topped with bacon, smoked cheddar, croutons, and tomato, it is fantastic with the blue cheese dressing. As far as main courses go, they have a great selection of steaks, but I haven't tried any of them - I'm not a red meat person. The Crab Cake Sandwich is awesome. The sandwiches can be served with coleslaw (my brother's pick), BBQ potato chips, or my favorite, the french fries. They are just crispy enough and I love the seasoning. The B&W Chili - black and white beans with chicken - is another one of my favorites. I would also recommend the Fresh Herb Crusted Trout and the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes. As desserts go, there are only a few choices, but they are all delectable. They serve a great cheesecake with seasonal varieties, but my real favorite is the Chocolate Belgian Waffle. Pretty self-explanatory, it is a giant chocolate Belgian waffle, with a scoop each of chocolate and vanilla ice cream and drizzled with fudge. My family used to split one, four ways, but now we have to order two of them! It's a fantastic way to end a meal at the Cherokee Grill, my favorite restaurant in the Smokies.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Gondolier Italian Restaurant & Pizza: Great Italian Food!

by 807Wheaton Updated Jul 4, 2006

The Gondolier Italian Restaurant &  Pizza

The Gondolier Italian Restaurant could easily be missed if you weren't looking for it. It's on a side of a mini-mall by the grocery store outside Gatlinburg. Inside it has wall murals of Venice and other Italian places. We were seated as soon as we walked in and had good service.

Favorite Dish: We ordered a Spinach-Pita Calzone and a House Salad to split between the two of us. The salad was very generous, in fact it was perfect for two people. The Calzone was excellent! There was plenty of cheese and spinach and the bread dough was light and done perfectly.
    I thought this meal was very good.
    Even though we did not have children with us it appears to be very family-friendly.
    The server was very attentive and helpful.
    I would definitely recommend this place as an affordable place to eat in Gatlinburg.

• ocicat's Profile Photo

Pancake Pantry: A breakfast worth waiting for!

by ocicat Written Jul 2, 2006

The restaurant has a nice "European" look, both outside and inside. They offer over 20 different types of pancakes, plus other breakfast foods.

Be prepared to wait in line, but it does move fairly quickly. (And when you get your turn inside, do remember that others are waiting and don't draw out your meal forever!)

Breakfast served all day, lunch items after 11:30am.

7am - 4pm June through October
    7am - 3 pm Rest of the year

Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Favorite Dish: Apricot Lemon pancakes!

• Darkeyedgirl's Profile Photo

The Peddler: Best steaks & service in town; hands down.

by Darkeyedgirl Written Apr 12, 2006

Trading Steaks

The Peddler has not only become a Gatlinburg dining tradition, it is literally built upon tradition. The building is constructed around the C. Earl Ogle cabin, the home of one of Gatlinburg's first pioneer families, with materials from four other original home sites used to complete the structure that is now the Peddler.

Nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee we specialize in traditional dishes, served just the way you like them! Including, but not limited to, Steaks, Prime-Rib, NY Strip, Filet Mignon, Seafood, Mountain Fresh Trout & Salmon, Chicken, and of course the famous salad bar. Make sure to save room for their delectable desserts!

Opening the menu (if you are not prepared) may make you exclaim "Holy Mother of God", but you'll also do a few shouts of joy when you taste the food. And above all, experience the friendly wait staff, and prompt service (I barely finished my glass of wine and poof, I had another waiting for me!). The waitress will even CUT THE STEAK for your KIDS!!!!

It's one of those really special spots you have to visit in Gatlinburg. Go ahead & splurge on yourself, you deserve it. We did!

Favorite Dish: Okay, Dessert Information first, since I'm a chocoholic:

My daughter & I ordered & enjoyed (but could NOT finish) Kristi's Chocolate Cake:
    RICH MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE SERVED WARM, TOPPED WITH VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM, CHOCOLATE SAUCE AND WHIPPED CREAM

And my fiance and his son ordered:
    Peddler's Apple Pan Crisp
    GRANNY SMITH APPLES TOSSED WITH CINNAMON SUGAR AND A CANDIED PECAN TOPPING. SERVED WARM WITH VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM

My fiance got the prime rib, and I think he had an 'O' while eating it.

My trout had the same effect on me. =-)

The kids got steak from the kid's menu; and the salad bar, which is chock full of goodies, is never-ending and accompanies ALL the dinners, kids included!

Steak, fish, or 'other', you will walk away feeling VERY satisfied, happy, and FULL but not 'too full'.

The Brass Lantern: On the Gatlinburg Strip; nice waiter & great food

by Darkeyedgirl Written Apr 12, 2006

mmm... foooood

We wandered in here for dinner on our first night in town. We got seated right away, our waiter was REALLY friendly and accomodating, and the food was awesome! I wanted a martini, and he really worked to get me a perfect Cosmo.

They had a nifty mix of lasagne, steaks, fishes, and veggies. Side items were plentiful, too. We didn't do dessert here (went next door to Aunt Mahalia's instead!) but dang the dessert menu looked SPLENDID.

The kids menu was nice, the atmosphere of the restaurant was casual yet upscale (for Gatlinburg). The location is perfect; not too far down on the Strip, and you can walk off that nice big dinner afterwards on your way back to your hotel.

Price was good, too.

Favorite Dish: "New" Southwestern Fried Catfish: Catfish filet dusted in cornmeal and lightly deep fried. Served over spicy Cole slaw and topped with chipotle honey sauce.

That was what I got! The spicy Cole Slaw was SPICY & that honey sauce is made on-premises, and oh-so good. I'll never view a catfish the same way again.

The Cosmo was pretty tasty, too. =-)

Kid's Menu:
    10 YEARS AND UNDER INCLUDES...
    Choice of Vegetable and any one entree below...
    Spaghetti
    Hamburger
    Hot Dog
    Grilled Cheese
    Chicken Strips
    Cheeseburger
    Add a bowl of our tasty Ice Cream (Vanilla or Chocolate).

---- so the kids won't be picky; they have a nice selection and it's plentiful for hungry little bellies. Or hungry big bellies.

I think my fiance got the ribs?

• Parton's Deli: Better then Subway

by ChaoticDork Written Feb 15, 2006

Parton's Deli is a locally owned deli that make your sandwiches fresh. Choose from pumpernickel or white bread and different selections of meats and cheeses. It's a small little joint with no parking space, but it's worth the walk if you're staying in town. Or park on the other side of Hillbilly Golf and walk down. Good for packing up a picnic for the mountains.

Favorite Dish: Pumpernickel bread, bologna with pepper jack cheese and mayonoise. A side of potato salad and IBC rootbeer.

• National/State Park

• Applewood Restaurant in Gatlinburg: A Great Dining Experience!

by Sweetshrub Written Oct 23, 2005

Your meal at the Applewood begins with a small glass of Apple Julip, a refreshing, non-alcoholic mixture of fruit juices, and a basket of apple fritters with apple butter. The meal just gets better from that great beginning. The wait staff is kind and friendly and want you to be pleased with your dining experience. There is plenty of variety to chose from in the menu. I arrived at about 5:30 p.m. and was seated immediately but when I left there was a large group of people waiting to be seated. It would be worth the wait in my opinion. By the way, there are some parking spaces available at the restaurant. If you get there early, you won't have to pay to park in a lot and walk.

Favorite Dish: As I entered the restaurant, I asked a couple coming out if the food was good. They said they had eaten there three times and each time was excellent. The man opened his "to go" box to show me a pretty slab of pork loin which he recommended. Once inside, I ordered the pork and I was not disappointed. The serving was three nice slices, grilled over apple wood but it tasted like it had been marinated in cider. Whatever they did to it - it was great. My friend had the country fried steak with gravy. I had a bite and it was the best I had eaten. crispy but not greasy. Two side dishes came with our entree. The turnip greens are tender and perfectly seasoned. There is a good selection of vegetables to chose from. The portions are large and you won't go away hungry. I didn't make it to dessert. This was the best meal I had in Gatlinburg but not the most expensive.

• Hiking and Walking

• Little House of Pancakes: Little House of Pancakes - DON'T GO

by Sweetshrub Written Oct 23, 2005

As my friend and I walked into this eatery on the Parkway, a little voice told me to notice how filthy the floor was in the service area which was plainly seen from the entry. I should have turned around at that point and found a real restaurant. But no, I was determined not to go "downtown" and fight the crowds for a pancake. I ordered a cup of coffee that was served in a dirty cup and tasted like rancid bacon grease sipped from a cast iron skillet. When I complained about the taste of the coffee I was told that it was gourmet coffee and that everyone loved it (except me). I drink gourmet coffee at home all the time and that was not the problem. Whatever was in this cup burned my mouth for several hours after I left the place. Then I asked for a glass of water to wash away this taste but the water tasted like Sunlight Ultra, the dishwashing soap. Could this experience get worse? I ordered blueberry pancakes that were served on a dirty dish - raw egg yolk and brown grease on the side - at no extra charge. The pancakes were actually pretty good but by this time I was not so hungry anymore. I went to pay the $14.00 bill and even the cashier was dirty. Please don't go to this restaurant unless you have a taste for old grease and dish soap.

Favorite Dish: Any clean one would have been fine!

• Hiking and Walking

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Desserts and More Cafe: Take a coffee and dessert break

by 807Wheaton Written Oct 22, 2005

Desserts and More Cafe, Gatlinburg, TN

This is a great little place to stop for lunch or just a yummy cheesecake dessert.
    All the food is made fresh each day by the owners. Soups, sandwiches, and quiche with fruit are the main menu items for lunch. Cheesecakes, cake, creme brulee and pies are offered for desserts.

Favorite Dish: We had the house favorite quiche, Spinache - Bacon.

No Way Jose's: A pitcher of margaritas, some appetizers, and FUN

by Darkeyedgirl Written Aug 15, 2005

Yes Way Jose

The food, the decor, the people working there, the outside (yet, covered) bar, the pitchers of margaritas so-perfectly-flavored with Tequila (mmm... tequila)... the platefuls of appetizers... the way the kids can run around & play near the stream or watch people walking by... the kids menu (which was great!)... right in the heart of Gatlinburg, near the aquarium.

If you're in the mountains & need to tie one on & get some good food at the same time, (yet very cheaply and the kids think you're drinking lemonade), No Way Jose's is a great escape!

Favorite Dish: They had this appetizer that just about offered a bit of everything. Some type of corn something or other was really tasty.

But, mainly, my favorite dish was the pitcher of margaritas that somehow kept refilling itself?

mmm!

Instant Answers: Gatlinburg

Comments

Gatlinburg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Gatlinburg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gatlinburg sightseeing.