Hermitage Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Hermitage

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Stones River Greenway Fitness Trail

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

I love this...Tony and I was enjoying a nice Wintery warm day at "J. Percy Priest Lake and Dam" and we decided to take a walk on the Stones River Greenway Fitness Trail. There was a lot of people doing the same, enjoying the day and getting some exercise.

I want to do this more often. It was nice not having to drive a country mile somewhere to enjoy the FREE OUTDOOR Health SPA...lol !!! Why pay good hard earned money to join a gym when God gives us the best playground in the world...NATURE!!!
    I am going to do this more often and share some photos..
    Anyone else want to do some walking??? or biking??? or taking the dog out while you jog??? this is the place to motivate !!!

• Birdwatching
    • Hiking and Walking

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

President Jackson's home

by grandmaR Written Apr 8, 2011
    Front of the house with one of the ramps

Under construction

I was in a wheelchair. When we got to the building itself, they had two little ramps marked left and right - the man said that one side of the step was lower than the other. No photos were allowed inside.

They asked if I could walk up the stairs and I said I could if I had to so they said I could look at photos of the upstairs. I said could I take pictures of them, and the man looked taken aback - don't think anyone ever asked him that before. Finally he said no but that they would sell me a book with them in it.

We toured the downstairs and then I looked at the photos. There was an interesting letter in there from Jackson's son or nephew trying to explain why the house burned in 1834.

• Disabilities
    • Museum Visits

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo

The Hermitage

by Rabbityama Written Apr 21, 2006

The Mansion

The Hermitage is the home of America's seventh President, Andrew Jackson. Prior to his presidency, he purchased the property, and he and his wife lived here. Inside the mansion exists the original French wallpaper that Andrew Jackson had chosen. Many of his family's belongings are also inside the mansion. In order to enter the mansion, you must have a guided tour by one of the reinactors.
    Outside, you are free to roam around the property as you wish. The area is quite large, so you may have to walk a lot if you want to see everything. The slave houses, smokehouse, church, and springhouse are all outside. The first Hermitage, before the mansion was built, is also still here. The garden contains flowers from the gardens of the 1800s. Andrew Jackson's tomb is located in the corner of the garden. He is buried alongside his wife. There are also graves of various other family members beside the Jackson's tomb. The Hermitage is a very interesting place for those who like history or those who wish to learn more about America's origins and culture.

Adult entrance is $12.00, and children (ages 6-12) are $6.00.

(for more information, please visit the website I've provided below)

• Singles
    • Hiking and Walking

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

President Jackson's Grave

by grandmaR Written Apr 8, 2011
    President and Mrs Jackson's graves

Under construction

We saw the cemetery, but the gravel was so deep in the gardens nearby that I just had to get out and walk because we really couldn't push the wheelchair there.

Instant Answers: Hermitage

Comments

Hermitage Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Hermitage things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hermitage sightseeing.