Johnson City Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Johnson City

• Numan's Sports bar: Out of line bouncer

by Jeannieh78 Written Jun 1, 2014

I was honestly excited to check out Numans. My husband and I have lived in TN FOR 2 years and don't get out much. I work up the street from Numans and got off around midnight 05/31/2014. My husband and I decided to check it out so we walked. Once inside it seemed ok, the bartenders were nice and we bought 2 draft beers and started to walk around and see what this place was about. Keep in mind we were there less than 10 minutes. We stopped and started discussing the place with a male worker of Numans who was standing at the kitchen door, just asking about bands, karaoke etc. this larger male nearly plows over me, spilling my drink all over me and proceeded to keep going. I told him a sorry would suffice and he replied with saying that I shouldn't be standing there, again we were there maybe 7 min by this time. He was disrespectful, rude and had no personality. He grabbed me by the arm and proceeded to throw me out because he was so insecure with himself, he couldn't even say I'm sorry. He is a bouncer there, tall, black male about 6ft-6/3...when I informed him that he was breaking the law, he threatened with calling the law, I replied to go ahead my husband is in law enforcement who was already intervening. This guy would not release his name to me. I will be taking out harassment and assault charges first thing Monday morning for him violating me and my rights as a female. We will NEVER return and I will be sure to post reviews on EVERY site I can.

• Numan's: Bar, Grill, Darts, and Pool Tables

by cindvon Written Aug 14, 2011

Numan's is great fun. They have amazing drinks. Great customer service...I mean just perfect bartenders and servers. I love their finger foods and the pool and the darts and great fun. Wonderful conversation starters as well. They have an up stairs and down stairs that have wonderful music. When live music isn't playing their juke box will keep the vibe going. I love this place more then any other. 21 and up though.

Dress Code: Come as you are. No dress code other then no shoes no shirt no service...like almost all places are now of days.

the front of the building
    • Singles
    • Festivals
    • Music

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

The Down Home: Home Downtown

by Hexepatty Updated Apr 4, 2011

Just as someone else on VT wrote a few years back: this place is an amazing intimate venue for niche music. (Blues, Folks, Country, etc.). We checked out a folk artist and it was the perfect venue.

Dress Code: Anything goes. Downton Johnson City is not known for being upscale! : )

• KaiM's Profile Photo

The Planet: Beer for free

by KaiM Updated Dec 8, 2003

The Planet is a dance club. When we went there they had a great offer. Entry fee was $ 2 - if I remember it right. And those of the ages 21 and older received a plastic cup at the entrance. With that cup you could go to the bar to get free beer as often as you want to until 1 am. But be careful: Once you lost your plastic cup, you don't have a chance for more free beer. Beside the free beer the atmosphere was great, too. The dancefloor was crowded and the music really good.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Johnson City

Comments

Johnson City Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Johnson City nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Johnson City sightseeing.