Knoxville Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Knoxville

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Bel-Air Grill: Bel-Air Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I was traveling on Rt 33 on the back roads home to Nashville from our weekend in Johnson City..and we were looking for something new and found this Grill...Apparently its a chain of some sort but its the first one we have ever ran across or ate at..and the heavenly grill smell from the parking lot...we had to stop and check it out..
    The sign said "Steaks and Shakes, Burgers and Fries"...sounded like our kind of place. We were greeted immediately and it being a Sunday around noon that is good, we beat the Church Crowd rush...we were seated in a comfortable booth and our waitress came over to get our drink order. Tony went with a 22oz Draft of Budweiser Lite and I ordered a Glass of unsweetened tea with lemon and lime (they had no lime)...oh goodness but not a deal breaker.
    We told her it was our first time but she didn't offer or suggest anything on the menu she just smiled and siad they would be right back..Tony ordered the Bel Air Philly Steak with onions and mushrooms and side of Au Jus and I ordered the Mushroom Swiss with Tomato, lettuce, mayo, onions, jalapenos medium rare with Au Jus ..we both received a side of fries but NOT that great!!!
    But I have to admit the sandwich was huge and Delicious!!!! Tony and I split our sandwiches like normal, but Heck after eating my half of the Burger, I couldn't eat my half of the philly but I did take a bite and it was really good!!! I added jalapeno to mine..Tony ended up pulling them off when he ate the half I couldn't finish..

The service was fast, and she was very friendly ...the food was good. The fries were cut from the potatoes, and tasted okay..just overly salty and too greasy for my liking but I loved that burger!! I would eat here again..The price was reasonable..for our food, drinks and taxes with tip...$30 not bad!!!!
    I would go to this restaurant again if I was in the area..I don't get to Knoxville much..but it was a winner in my book..
    Tv screens were available for the sports fans...a plus and the Beer draft special was good price ...22oz for only $3

• Beer Tasting

Calhoun's Downtown On The River: The restaurant on the river

by OlenaKyiv Updated Apr 4, 2011

Calhoun's - Knoxville restaurant

It is pretty big and noisy on weekends. You can sit both outside and inside.

I enjoyed the evening wind sitting on the outside balcony, watching the river and oposite bank.

If you come from the river on your boat, you can parked near pier of restarant, have a dinner and go further.
    Also you can feed fish in the river which is searching for any food from restaurant customers under the porch.

Calhoun's is open on Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m., Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-11 p.m., and on Sunday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.

Favorite Dish: The drink Cosmopolitan :-D We had ribs and French fries. Potato was not the best. But cheesecake was pretty good.

• puleos grille: Go somewhere else

by marknorcross Written Aug 1, 2009

Too much on menu that there is no focus -too much to offer to be good..this place would not make it in any other market with tastebuds and we know that Knoxville is a meat and potatoes and a lot of salt, which is what you need at Puleo's, entree you would think good, like chicken penne pasta is extremely bland. Staff is very young and with no bar drink knowledge. I asked for a red zinfadel and he brought me a white wine!, not even blush.

Favorite Dish: The only thing good is the chili, which the chef ripped off from his days at Grady's.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Abuelo's: The Flavor of Mexico

by TravellerMel Written Dec 1, 2008

Nice, upscale Mexican restaurant. Bar area has TVs set to sports events. Elegant enough for a business lunch, or even a date.

Favorite Dish: Ample chips and savory salsa - yummy! I had the Durango burrito, and although I finished it off, I probably shouldn't have, because it was a lot of food. If you go, definitely get the margarita. Almost creamy, it was wonderful (if a bit pricey at $8).

• TFLawhorn's Profile Photo

Regas: A Knoxville Tradition

by TFLawhorn Written Jul 1, 2007

Regas - Honored as the most award-winning restaurant in Knoxville, Tennessee, Regas has represented excellence in dining since 1919. From hearty lunches to elegant dinners, Regas exemplifies the very best of Knoxville's notable restaurant heritage.

Favorite Dish: Hours of Operation

Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
    Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
    Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
    Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm

Riverside Tavern: Fancy place

by OlenaKyiv Updated Jun 26, 2007

It is a large restaurant with balconies with view on the river. We ate in this restaurant a couple of times and I never was disappointed with its dishes. The cuisine is Southern American with a lot of mashed potato, sweet potato. Fresh bread and butter also served with dishes.

Favorite Dish: Turkey breast with mashed potato.

• Luxury Travel

• OlenaKyiv's Profile Photo

Panera bread: Great paninis and not so good coffee

by OlenaKyiv Written Jun 26, 2007

I worked near Panera Bread and discovered that my early working day is better if to start it with a cup of coffee and small bread from Panera Bread. This cafe has a free Internet, a lot of space with neat tables for meeting with partners or friends. It can be quite busy place during lunch time and breakfast on weekend though.

Favorite Dish: Frontega chicken is great; however, this particular cafe sometimes doesn't do it as good as it should be. Coffee not great, but better than in McDonalds. You also may buy bread for your dinner at home.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Cracker Barrel: not all it is cracked up to be.....

by davecallahan Written Mar 1, 2007

store logo

This restaurant/gift-shop is unique in one aspect: it serves decent food for a great price in an unbearable room. The high ceilings with steel grid work and no sound barriers makes an ear-splitting din unless you are the only couple in the room.

The lunch-specials are generous portions of chicken and potatoes and biscuit (diet says leave off the gravy and butter). You can add corn, carrots, or peas and the soup-of-the-day for under $10 per person. Top that off with coffee and a brownie and you are full and satisfied (and completely deaf if you sat there to eat it).

To draw more customers, the establishment has added a gift shop, where my wife can exercise (her right to buy something) to take off some weight (mostly in my wallet). They have some catchy gifts for the traveler who needs to bring something home for the relatives (like pancake kits, and homemade jam) but they ain't cheap.

So I have mixed feelings about Cracker Barrel. Maybe I just need to order take-out and eliminate the deafening noise and the gift-drain on my wallet.

Favorite Dish: Luncheon specials

• static1's Profile Photo

Calhoun's: A Knoxville Tradition

by static1 Written Aug 10, 2006

There are already a few reviews about Calhoun's food, but one of the best reasons to go is their beer. They brew about 6 different beers, and all are very good. The Calhoun's at Bearden Hill (West of downtown) is where the brewery is located. I believe they have a happy hour there that goes till like 10:00pm, and their beers are real cheap. They have like 6 locations with their beer available at all of them.

Favorite Dish: Beer

• Beer Tasting

• static1's Profile Photo

M&M Catering: Great BBQ off the beaten path

by static1 Updated Aug 10, 2006

M&M Catering is a seasonal (March to December-ish) roadside bbq place. It really just consists of a small cinder block building in the parking lot of a laundromat, with a bunch of grills outside. The food is good, basic, cheap bbq. There's no real seating, so plan on eating the food elsewhere. The menu features ribs, chicken, pulled pork, fish, and smoked bologna sandwiches! The staff is friendly and fast, and surprisingly they take credit cards. I do believe they are only open Thursday thru Saturday.

Favorite Dish: Ribs are pretty good, and the smoked bologna sandwich is an interesting way to end a night of drinking!

• Ramano's Macaroni Grill: Not what I expected at all...

by kytuba Written Jul 12, 2006

The atmosphere was good, the service was good, but the food was only average and some not even that good. The breadsticks were good but instead of butter, they serve olive oil with frsehly ground pepper in it. That was NOT GOOD! It literally made me nauseous. The rest of the meal was nondescript. We will not go back there again.

Favorite Dish: There wasn't one

• Puleo's Grill: Puleo's Grill -Excellent, mouth watering fare

by kytuba Written Jul 12, 2006

This place is OUTSTANDING! The pork chop had to be 1 1/2" thick and melted in my mouth. It had some sort of glaze on it that was scrumptous! The sweet potatoes were heavenly! The most delicious ones I have ever eaten! The only negative comment I have on the food is that the brocoli & turnip greens both were a little under cooked. The service was a little on the slow side, but to be fair we were there on a VERY busy Saturday night. The prices are very reasonable. I'm planning on returning there SOON!!

Favorite Dish: The country fried steak filled the entire platter and the pork chop melted in my mouth! You HAVE to try the sweet potatoes!! HEAVENLY!!

• King Tut Grill: Diamond in the rough

by v960 Updated Jan 17, 2005

Mo and Salem have creatyed a fantastic place. The egyptian sampler or the greek salad is the recommended first try here.

Be forewarned this place is in a "depressed" area and the building will scare you away. Don't let it. Ssome of the best food I have had anywhere.

On a scale of one to ten it is a fifiteen for food.

Favorite Dish: Greek salad, Egyptian sampler or the special (whatever it may be). Talk to Mo ( the owner) and ask questions, you won't be disappointed.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Mandarin House Chinese Buffet: Best Buffet in Knoxville

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Nov 16, 2004

Mandarin House Chinese Buffet

The Mandarin House has been voted the Best Buffet in Knoxville for eleven years years in a row, and if you ever eat here you will know why. The restaurant is unpretentious on the outside but huge inside to accomodate the large crowds that eat here. Because of the size there is seldom any waiting. Besides the great food, the Mandarin House is worth a visit just to view their extensive collection of beaufiful salt water aquariums.

Favorite Dish: It's impossible to name a favorite dish as just about everything here is very good. I always pile my plate high with a wide variety of tasty morsels, then go back again for seconds - and sometimes thirds. It's hard not to be a glutton in this place.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Calhoun's on the River: Tennessee's Best Ribs & Bar-B-Que

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Nov 15, 2004

Calhoun's on the River

If you are looking for a great atmosphere, outstanding view, and excellent food, you will find them all at Calhoun's on the River. In a city with a reputation for its many fine restaurants, this is definitely one of our favorites.

Favorite Dish: Calhoun's pride and joy is their award winning baby back ribs. These are slowly smoked with Tennessee hickory and lightly basted on the grill with Calhoun's own Bar-B-Que sauce. Karen and I both tried them our last trip there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. On earlier visits I have also sampled their trout and catfish and found them to be equally good.

Deserts here are fabulous. fresh key lime pie, Calhoun's Jack Daniels Pie, and freshly baked strawberry shortcake are specialities.

Instant Answers: Knoxville

Comments

Knoxville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Knoxville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Knoxville sightseeing.