Lebanon Travel Guide

Lebanon Things to Do

Cedar of Lebano Swimming Pool

by butterflykizzez04 Written Jul 6, 2014

Sunday July 6th,
    We loved it so much on the 4th..we had to come back again..This pool is not crowded like the ones in Nashville..so it is worth the drive. We really enjoy the pool and the park.

NOTES from our July 4th trip:
    Great place to go swimming...
    On Friday Fourth of July..Tony, Noel and I packed a picnic lunch in the cooler and headed out for some fun..We went to Cedar of Lebanon State Park (free to enjoy) and entered to the swimming pool area.

A great price of only $4 per person. $2 if you are a camper. The pool area is nice and large with plenty of room to move around and layout. There is NO concession area here but you can bring in your own cooler. Food has to be eaten in a certain area where there is picnic tables available. But you can bring in drinks (plastic bottle only) and drink by your area, some people were snacking on chips and fruit..so I guess that is okay..no one stopped them..

You can smoke but outside of the gated pool area only. You get a hand stamp to get in and out. Also you can leave and come back the same day with the hand stamp which is good..so if you want to go eat and come back to swim some more. The hours are Wednesday thru Sunday 10:30 to 7pm..Closed on Monday and Tuesday..
    What I really liked about the pool area is that it is NOT that crowded. The swimming pool itself is really large and there is a diving board..I really liked this pool area.

You can bring floats and water toys and bring your own lounge chairs which is really nice. Every hour they have a pool check with a 15 minute break which is good too...keeps every safe and kids under control. The staff was nice and lifeguards young but doing their jobs also a plus..I will definitely go here again..

After we left the pool area we went to the picnic area down the park road a bit and had a cook out. Where we enjoyed a nice semi shaded area and we grilled out hotdogs and hamburgers enjoying some homemade potato salad and baked beans..A great day.. A great holiday and if you are on a BUDGET like I am ALWAYS...only $12 for the fun for a family of 3...Awesome day!!!

• National/State Park

Cedars of Lebanon State Park

by butterflykizzez04 Written Jul 5, 2014

Great place to go swimming...

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • National/State Park

• Lebanon Hotels

13 Hotels in Lebanon

Lebanon Hotels

• Comfort Inn Lebanon

829 S Cumberland St, Lebanon, TN, 37087

Good for: Couples

• Country Inn And Suites By Carlson...

140 Dixie Avenue, Lebanon, TN, 37090

• Hampton Inn & Suites Lebanon

1065 Franklin Road, Lebanon, Tennessee, 37087, United States

• Sleep Inn And Suites Lebanon

South Eastgate Court, Lebanon, TN, 37090

• Sleep Inn & Suites

150 S. Eastgate Court, Lebanon, TN, 37090

• Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

826 South Cumberland St, (opening February 18, 2008), Lebanon, Tennessee, 37087, United States

• Best Western Executive Inn

Good for: Business

Lebanon Restaurants

Legend's Sports Bar: Legend's Sports Bar

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Tony and I love this bar. When we are in Lebanon, we like to stop by. We used to live in Lebanon so we found this bar and grill about 3 years ago.
    It's a sports bar!!! TV's everywhere and the owner is very friendly. The first time we were there he brought a huge basket of free fried pickles. I had never had them before and they were awesome!!!
    Tony of course is the beer drinker but three years ago, I drank a few drafts myself....lol!!! So, the pickles made you want to drink more, smart move by the owner. They have some really good sandwiches and burgers here. I also love the french fries. They serve the really big steak fries with a seasoning on them, very good!!! I hate skinny fries..if I am going to cheat on my diet...it is not going to be with a skinny fry!!!!

Tony and I stopped in yesterday to see if our old stomping grounds had changed any, and we were pleasantly surprised...NOT ONE BIT!!!! It had not changed and it gave us a feeling of going home. Tony grabbed him a large cold draft and I ordered some great unsweetened tea with lemon and lime. We sit there and enjoyed the decor and the music. They have a few pool tables but we opted not to partake.

We sit there through the one drink, paid our check, looked around one more time and left...I personally wanted to eat here, I love there fries remember??? but Tony wanted some home cooking from the Sunset...so we had to leave..but we are going back....soon !!!!

• Beer Tasting
    • Singles

Sunset Restaurant: Sunset Restaurant

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

e love this restaurant. When we first moved to Nashville area, we lived in Lebanon...and we drive the 35 miles one way at least every 2-3 weeks to eat dinner. It is our favorite place. I love their sweet tea...and you can't go wrong with anything on the menu...

To be truthful, my husband Tony has said many times..."If I was on death row, and I had to get one final meal to eat..it would be ANYTHING from the Sunset restaurant in Lebanon.." and his mama is still alive..so he loves their food over his own mama's cooking..that's a pretty GREAT statement to share!!!

I love the Liver n' Onions or the Roast Beef dinner...and he likes it all. He also loves to bring home a Fresh Piece of Pecan Pie for the next morning breakfast with his coffee...

I recommend this to everyone!! Please go and try it out!! Family owned and operated and open every day but Wednesdays, opens daily at 11am..they do not serve breakfast!

This is my husband's favorite restaurant when we are in the area..I love it too..but its his favorite..He has said time after time, if he had to request a last meal..it would be from this restaurant.
    We stopped in this evening. I opted to go for the Liver and Onions, with Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Lima Beans with Rolls..Tony went with the Sirloin Roast Beef with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Fried Okra and Mac n' Cheese with rolls and butter..and we both enjoyed the Sweet tea...I love the food and the waitresses are so fast and so friendly..

I can't wait to go again!!

• Don't Forget Insurance

If your current health insurance doesn't cover you while your abroad, you should consider getting international travel insurance just in case something should go wrong.

Lebanon Shopping

Colonial Baking Company: Colonial Baking Company

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

I am a fan of saving money...I have to go to Lebanon every now and then, I used to live here when I first moved to Tennessee 3 yrs ago. I found this little bakery of bread and products at a great price. I sometimes shop here and get the really old bread so I can feed to the birds near my apartment or stop at J. Percy Priest Lake to feed the ducks and geese..
    One of my favorite things to do, I find it peaceful except for the honking and squaking of the webbed beauties..

If you want bread, rolls, buns and the occasional dessert at a good price (50-60% off standard grocery store prices) then this is a must..I got a loaf of Sara Lee bread today (02-22) that was dated to expire on (03-08) so it is NOT stale bread or baked goods...it is a good shopping experience and I love to be a smart shopper..saving money!!! Yippee !!!

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Lebanon

Comments

Lebanon Travel Guide
Map of Lebanon