Graceland., Memphis

Know about this? Rate It!

Graceland tour
    by bottleofdoom
  • Julie1and2's Profile Photo

Goin' to Graceland

by Julie1and2 Updated Feb 25, 2007

Favorite thing: Cheesey? Of course, but you have to go to Graceland if you're going to be in Memphis. Follow the visit with a stop at Beale Street for lunch or dinner.

Fondest memory: I'm sure you've heard this before, but Graceland is TINY! They give you headphones that explain the rooms and you walk through at your own pace. I was dropped off by a shuttle at noon who was returning to pick me up at 2:30pm. I was done with the tour at 12:30pm! So I remember waiting for two hours for the shuttle to come and get me. (I'm still glad I went, though.)

• Yasmine03's Profile Photo

Memphis' Graceland

by Yasmine03 Updated Mar 3, 2005

Graceland tour

Favorite thing: When you are in Memphis the very thing you should do is to visit Elvis Presley's Graceland. Graceland might be able to provide some insights into how the power of one man's music could bring the whole world together.

Fondest memory: Visiting Graceland is very inspiring in terms of business strategy and personal achivement. Elvis's musical success and Priscilla's marketing genius have put Memphis on the map!

• Music
    • School Holidays

• bottleofdoom's Profile Photo

Not many people know this, but...

by bottleofdoom Written Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: Not many people know this, but Elvis had a logo....'Takin' Care of Business In A Flash'. That's what the Lisa Marie sported on her tail...check it out. A tour of The Lisa Marie reveals a seatbelt across a double bed....imagine 'The High-Flyers Club' possibilities!

• Obviously, THE thing to do is...

by Pamzam70 Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Obviously, THE thing to do is visit Graceland...that's a given. Even if you're not an Elvis fan, Graceland is just one of those 'American must-sees.' Beware, though...the house is basically as he left it--TACKY. The house still has all the 70's decor that was popular back then.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of Memphis is the music. Everywhere you go, you are enveloped in the sounds of music, mostly the blues. You can't walk 10 feet down Beale Street without hearing some type of music coming out of the bars into the street.

Also, the people are really friendly, and are more than happy to help out if you are lost or just need an idea of what to do/see next.

• schmoopy's Profile Photo

Visit Graceland. Although not...

by schmoopy Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit Graceland. Although not as 'wild' as some people thought it would be, I found the tour of Elvis and Priscilla's home to be thought provoking and interesting. From the Jungle Room to the pool, everything has remained untouched, including family photos and of course some of the garish decor. There are also musuems across the street, one with Elvis' costumes (which I thought was fantastic) and one with his cars. Definitely see the house and don't miss the gates of Graceland with all of their notes and messages written by fans over the years.

Fondest memory: As I was the guide of a tour group from Canada, I thought I would have some fun and dress up as Elvis in anticipation of our arrival in Memphis. In my polyester pants and shirt and fun fur sideburns I led the bus in singing some of the number one Elvis songs. It was a blast.

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo

I would take you to graceland.

by kschatterbox Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Besides Graceland, I would have to say the trip back to our hotel in Tunica, Miss.
    My fondest memory was that Jim and I got lost in down town Memphis for 3 hours!! Yes we asked for directions and the people gave us wrong directions.

Instant Answers: Memphis