Alfred's, Memphis

Beale Street

Know about this? Rate It!

• myrtle's Profile Photo

Alfred's: Live Music on Beale Street

by myrtle Written Mar 31, 2004

A band playing at Alfred's

I love going to Alfred's. It's probably my favorite spot on Beale Street. You will always find some great live music. More often than not you will find Kevin Page & the Amazing Flea Circus playing at Alfred's on the weekends. It's also great if you like to dance. There are always people out on the dance floor. If you want a more laid back environment, you can head out to the porch or upstairs on the balcony and watch people out on Beale St.

As many times as I've been to Alfred's, I don't have a picture of Kevin Page & the Amazing Flea Circus. I'm not exactly sure which band this is playing in the picture, but I remember they were playing '80s music.

Dress Code: Dress as you would for any bar or club. Nothing special about the dress code here.

• sarahbeth11's Profile Photo

Alfred's on Beale: Don't be fooled - Alfred is a MONKEY!

by sarahbeth11 Written Mar 24, 2005

My teammates dancing at Alfred's.

We went to Alfred's to get something to eat on Saturday, and ended up staying for several hours! As soon as we sat down, the manager came and sat in the 4th chair at our table. I can't get over how friendly people are! The waitress joked with us, and we made friends with some regulars who gave us some tips about the place. Cover starts early! And don't try to avoid it by saying you know Alfred--he's a monkey who hangs over the bar. Unfortunately, we ran out of film and had to head back to the hotel to get another camera. When we got back, we weren't too set back by the $5 cover, and found the place was hopping. The two bands that play regularly are both great, and keep people of all ages dancing. It's a similar atmosphere as BB King's, but a much younger crowd. Lots of guys more than willing to buy drinks for a group of girls! Eventually, the thrill of drinking in the street got the best of us, and it was time to move on.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Alfred's: Alfred's on Beale Street

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I was enjoying Beale Street in Memphis, TN on Saturday Night January 12, 2013 and we were doing the Old Fashion Bar Hopping..Dunking into various bars along the strip grabbing a drink here and there and enjoying the music. We hadn't done this for awhile.
    We had been on Beale Street several times over the past two years since we moved to Tennessee but this was the first time we were actually alone with kids to enjoy the night scene.
    We found Alfred's on Beale Street and I loved the outside Neon Sign..so we dashed in. It is very large inside...one of the largest locations on the strip. There is a large bar and tons of seating with a counter/bar in the middle like a square. They had food and music, it was very nice!!!
    We didn't order any food, it was still rather early in the evening and we had a few more stops to make. We found a table near the stage area and the waiter was no where to be found, so Tony went to the bar to order for us. He got a Budweiser in a bottle and I took an Unsweetened Iced Tea. We sit down and enjoyed the music.
    Finally when we were almost finished with our drink the waiter showed up and apologized that they were understaffed and wanted to know if we wanted any food from the kitchen. We declined but did take a refill on our drink selections to finish enjoying the Blues Music playing.
    After we finished up, we headed out the door to find our next location!!! What awaits us at the next destination? who know?..but One thing was for sure, plenty of good Blues and Jazz music was feeling the cold brisk January night in Memphis on Beale Street....!!!

• Singles

• Kevross85's Profile Photo

Alfred's: Food and drink

by Kevross85 Written Oct 16, 2007
    Me after a water fight in alfreds

Alfred's is located on the main street in Memphis called beale street and is a great place to eat and drink. We went there for a couple of beers firstly in the afternoon and had a light bite to eat as well which was really good. I had Jalapeno Cheese Sticks and one of my friends had crab cakes and both were excellent. After a couple of beers we left and came back later that night.

We found a live band playing and the five dollar cover charge wasn't excessive at all. The waitress's were brilliant and were willing to have a great laugh with us. I'd highly reccomend this bar to anyone who goes to the area.

Dress Code: As far as I saw casual clothing was fine

• cckbp7's Profile Photo

Alfred's: Best Bar on Beale

by cckbp7 Written Jul 20, 2006
    band

Everytime I go to Memphis, I make sure to make it to Alfred's. They always have a great live band and it is always packed till they close early in the morning. This is the best and most popular bar on Beale. Don't dress too warm though, as it can get hot out on the crowded dance floor.

Dress Code: Collared shirt and pants