Club 152, Memphis

Know about this? Rate It!

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Club 152: Club 152 on Beale Street

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony's favorite bar on Beale Street in Memphis. We enjoy going down here a few times a year, but this is the first time in the Winter months. We went to celebrate my 49th birthday...and we had to stop here first..this is his favorite location. It is a large location. It has a small rise above the street level so when you sit on the balcony area you are sort of on the sidewalk. ...very good in warm summer weather, but way to cold for this old woman on a Saturday night in January.
    The bands vary, so you never know who is going to be there and they change out about 1 hr or so, so who was playing there at 6 will not be there about 730...and so on ...pretty good system.
    The bar is like a long rectangle which opens up on both sides of the bar..and they serve food. On the front end near the entrance, there are bar stools and high tables, and on the other side, you climb a few stairs and you have the regular tables with regular height chairs on this side of the same bar..
    Also on this side of the bar room, is the stage and dance floor area. The restrooms are large and the men need to close their door..as I was going to the ladies room, I saw more than I needed to see...if you know what I mean!!!! lol !!!
    We stayed for a few drinks. Tony had a couple Budweisers and I had a few Iced Teas (non alcoholic) just regular old tea..southern style and very good!!
    We enjoyed the music here! We will definitely go back again!! One of our favorite locations, acros from BB Kings on Beale Street.

It was a Saturday night and there was NO Cover Charge tonight!!!

• Beer Tasting
    • Singles

• sarahbeth11's Profile Photo

Club 152: A really fun bar/club!

by sarahbeth11 Written Mar 24, 2005

In total, we went to Club 152 three times over the short course of our trip. This place has it all...tables and food in the front overlooking the street, a live band and a dance floor in the back, and a DJ on the second floor. The band on Friday was excellent - played a lot of modern, upbeat songs with a bit of a unique flavor. The club upstairs was packed. I'm not much of a dancer, but I had a fabulous time.
    Saturday night, we went in a bit early to avoid the cover. Walked in and got a table, and watched an Elvis impersonator that was actually pretty good. He sang on the bar for awhile, which was quite entertaining. The waitresses here are SO friendly. I still remember their names! After awhile we left, and sucked it up and paid the $5 cover to come back later when people were dancing. A mix of all ages, but the later it got, the younger the crowd became. Which is understandable. This place has so much going on, you could probably go every day and have a different experience every time!

Dress Code: Fairly casual, we wore jeans both nights. Some people were a bit more dressed up though.

Instant Answers: Memphis