Rayford's, Memphis

Know about this? Rate It!

Dancing at Rayford's
    by myrtle
  • myrtle's Profile Photo

Rayford's: Smokey Club

by myrtle Updated Sep 5, 2005

Dancing at Rayford's

The music at this club is great, but you may not like the environment very much. I think it used to be a strip club, so there are stripper poles on the stage. They also play this horrible siren sound every now & then that is just annoying. The only drinks they sell there are 40 ounce beers. It's not a very big club, so it can get pretty crowded quickly. I know it was recently shut down temporarily because they were caught selling drugs in there. I never noticed this the few times I was there, but they're back in business now from what I understand. It's very smokey not only from the smokers, but also they have those smoke/fog machines going in there. The music they play is hip-hop, which is my favorite to dance to.

It's not far from Beale Street. Just about anyone on Beale Street ought to be able to tell you how to get there. It's just a bit of a walk through a bad neighborhood. When I took some friends that were from out of town, one of my local friends made the comment about the song "Walking in Memphis." He said, "If you're walking 10 feet off of Beale you're in a bad neighborhood." That's pretty accurate.

Instant Answers: Memphis