Silky O'Sullivans, Memphis

Know about this? Rate It!

• This drink should come with a Haz/Mat label
    This drink should come with a Haz/Mat...
    by imlikeabird
  • Silky O'Sullivans
    by cckbp7
    Silky's with false facade next door
    by grandmaR
  • Silky O'Sullivans: the diver

by einstein5453 Written Aug 30, 2011

Silky's...
    that took me back to 1978 when me an 3 other fellow airmen took a jaunt down there from Blytheville AFB Ark.we each came back with a bucket(Which caught up with us the next day),
    and also a lot of great memories. I would return there in a flash if i could, that's how much we enjoyed the place!

• Silky O'Sullivans: "Diver"Drink a waste of $18.00 !!!!!

by RoycePorter Written Sep 28, 2009

We were first time visitors to Silky O'Sullivan's, visiting Beale St from New Orleans. Saturday October 26, 2009.
    The "Diver" looked like an interesting drink so the two of us ordered one. MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT !!! The drink that we were served was a bucket of slightly carbonated fruit punch with absolutely no evidence of alcohol. Usually drinks of this type are made with a blend of several rums. This particular drink could have served as refreshments at a kindergarden. After drinking just a litte bit we had the waitress pour it out so we could keep the bucket as a reminder to never order this loser drink again.
    Also, why was Beale St. blocked off with police cars and people being checked with metal detectors and ID checks ?? What kind of message does this procedure sent to tourists??

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Silky O'Sullivans: Silky O'Sullivan's on Beale Street

by imlikeabird Written Mar 6, 2009

Casual Irish Pub, lots of fun & music. Right on Beale Street. They're famous for their drink, the Diver. It's great if you want to get drunk fast and cheap with a lot of people. It wasn't the greatest tasting drink in the world.

This drink should come with a Haz/Mat label

• cckbp7's Profile Photo

Silky O'Sullivans: Alcoholic Goats

by cckbp7 Written Jul 20, 2006

Silky's is always a great time. The dualing piano players sing some hilariously raunchy songs. The divers are a lot of fun and a great souvenir. A Diver is a drink that comes in a bucket with a bunch of straws. It's made with beer, wine, liquor, cool-aid, and a bunch of other stuff; amazingly they are still quite good. After enjoying your diver, buy a beer for the goats. That's right, the goats! Out back, there are two goats that love beer. Just put the neck of the bottle through the fence and a goat will grab it and gulp it down. One of the craziest things I've ever seen. The combination of pianos, divers, and drunken goats makes for a great time.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Silky O'Sullivans: Afternoon Views

by grandmaR Written May 19, 2006

We were not on Beale Street at night, so I can't speak to the quality of the entertainment. I took this picture primarily because I was intrigued by the building next door with the false front propped up by beams.

Silky's with false facade next door

• Moustique's Profile Photo

Silky O'sullivans: Piano bar

by Moustique Written Apr 7, 2005

This place has beer drinking goats. Yes that is right. You can actually purchase a beer and watch the goats drink it. It is also a dualing piano bar. I don't think it even rivals the one we have here in Springfield but it was a lot of fun.

• Beer Tasting
    • School Holidays

• sarahbeth11's Profile Photo

Silky O'Sullivan's: Great place to spend an afternoon or evening!

by sarahbeth11 Written Mar 24, 2005

After the St Patrick's Day parade, we needed to keep the buzz going. So we hoofed it across the street to Silky O'Sullivan's to see what the Diver was all about. It's a huge drink served in a 1-gallon yellow bucket, made with beer, fruit juice, gin, and grenadine...or something like that. It tasted great at first, but towards the end, we were ready to be done with it!
    The entertainment here was EXCELLENT. Even at 4 PM! We sat outside until the sun slipped behind the buildings, and there was an awesome acoustic guitarist playing requests. I'm a bit of an acoustic classic rock buff, and to me, this was heaven. He knew every song that was requested, and had people of all kinds (but mostly drunk from the Parade) dancing among the tables. He finished at 5, and it was getting chilly, so we headed inside where they had a great female blues singer. We'd been waiting to hear "Walking in Memphis" our whole trip, and she didn't let us down. We tipped both performers on our way out - and we're cheap college kids. You KNOW we were impressed!

The Diver, when full, is not easy to transport!

• myrtle's Profile Photo

Silky O' Sullivan's: Irish bar on Beale

by myrtle Written Mar 31, 2004

I've only been to Silky O' Sullivan's a couple of times, but it's a great place to hang out when it's warm outside. I prefer to sit on the patio near the fountain, drink, and chat with my friends. I know there's a goat there somewhere, but I have never seen it myself. Although, I've never looked for it either.

If you're interested in drinking a lot, I know they sell drinks you can buy in a bucket & take with you. It will almost definitely take more than one person to finish these drinks!

My friend sitting by the fountain at Silky's

• Silky O'Sullivans on Beale: Silky O'Sullivans on Beale

by Pamzam70 Written Aug 25, 2002

This is an unusual Irish piano bar. I say 'unusual' because the owner has goats out in the outdoor patio area...and they drink beer!! Actually, they aren't walking around among the tables; they have their own little fenced in area.

What's great about this bar is the 'dueling' pianists. They are great crowd pleasers, as they take requests from the crowd, and also play their own 'dirty diddies' and songs. It's a great time.

Silky O'Sullivan's is also famous for their huge drink (it's served in a mini-bucket!) called...I forgot. I think it's something like the 'Diver' or something (sorry!! Maybe I can't remember because I had one too many of them!!). Gotta try it...

Instant Answers: Memphis