Wet Willies, Memphis

209 Beale Street 901-578-5650

Know about this? Rate It!

• Wet Willies
    by butterflykizzez04
    We enjoyed the live music here
  • Wet Willies
  • butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Wet Willies: Wet Willie's on Beale Str

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I was enjoying Memphis and the Cold Night life on Beale Street and Tony was a little "drunk" so I thought maybe we should get something to eat, and he was ready to head back to the hotel. So we crossed the street in front of Hard Rock Cafe, I almost went here, but I have ate there before and I like to try new locations. So, WET WILLIE's Neon Lights were flashing so I thought ...why not???? We had never been there before, not sure of the theme or food there, but it looked inviting. So, in we went.

I was pleasantly surprised. It was a little larger than we thought. There was plenty of tables and a large stage for the band and a smallish dance floor in case anyone wanted to "cut the rug" as we say in West Virginia...lol !!! The bar area was amazing..it was a Daiquiri bar like they have everywhere in New Orleans. I didn't know that there was one in Memphis...Nashville needs one of these...I bet this is a huge hit in the summertime especially since you can walk with cups drinking in public on the streets or I should say "BEALE STREET" only..
    I asked the barmaid and she said they had 26 flavors. I can't drink alcohol anymore, but I would have loved some of those flavors. In my day, I was a major daiquiri drinker..
    The waiter greeted us and seated us immediately near the band. It was really loud and the music was more like late 70's rock..not bad!! Tony loved the men's room he said you could stand at the urinal and look at the wall and see the bar ((( it was a two way mirror like in a squad room))) the women's room doesn't have this feature...DRATS!!!!

Tony ordered the " Philly Cheese Steak with French Fries" and Budweiser and I ordered the TACO meal, it was three tacos with meat and lettuce with salsa, hard shells with no cheese or sour cream..it wasn't bad, but not great ...I wouldn't order this again, but It was good. You might like it, it was fine because of my diet, but I would prefer some tomatoes and sour cream with a little cheese. It would have made it better. I would eat there again, but I prefer to try a new place first..
    I had two glasses of pink Lemonade (zero points and the tacos were about 10 points) The price wasn't bad. I paid with tip, taxes and food/drinks $32..
    I recommend trying it out and enjoying the Daiquiri Bar!!!

• Beer Tasting
    • Singles

• cckbp7's Profile Photo

Wet Willies: Call a Cab!!!

by cckbp7 Written Jul 20, 2006
    outside Wet Willies

Wet Willies is a chain of bars that serve frozen slushies w/ alcohol. They have a wide variety of flavors, all of with are very good. Watch out for brain freezes though. Also watch out for the "Call a Cab", its named that for a reason. The bar itself is small but fun. There is also a two-way mirror that allows guys to see out onto the dance floor while they are using the urinals. Pretty funny.

• recipe_addict's Profile Photo

Wet Willies: Drinks and Entertainment

by recipe_addict Written May 5, 2004
    The bar at Wet Willies, Memphis

Beale Street was a bustle of activity the night we were there and we started drinking immediately so we could experience Beale Street the way it was meant to be experienced.

The first stop we made on Beale Street was at "Wet Willies" where we got frozen daiquiris. This place was just plain neat. They had all sorts of flavors. They also had a karoake stage and people were up there singing, and this was at about 4pm in the early evening.

If I ever head back to Beale Street, I am definately going to stop back by Wet Willies for a frozen yummy!

Dress Code: Casual attire.

• Music