Memphis What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Memphis

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

September travel

by iam1wthee Written Sep 12, 2012

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: We were there sept 1-6 and we had weather between 95 to 100 degrees. There is a breeze from the Mississippi River so it was not too bad for me. However, if you are traveling with someone who has hot flashes this could be murder. I recommend shorts and skirts to keep cool.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: I find that bathing in lavendar, avoiding eating sugar and bug spray kept the mosquitos off of me

• Seniors

• myrtle's Profile Photo

Hot summers, cold winters

by myrtle Written Mar 31, 2004

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Be prepared for tons of humidity and mosquitos in the summer. It can get extremely hot here. I never understood how true that was until I took a trip to Seattle one summer. When I hopped off the plane upon returning to Memphis the humidity hit me like a ton of bricks. It can get quite cold in the winter, so bring a warm coat.

• Packing List

by Pamzam70 Written Aug 25, 2002

Luggage and bags: You can bring a suitcase if you like, and if you're going to leave it in your hotel. Other than that, a day pack is good to haul your camera, video cam, and the like in.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Memphis can be very, very hot in the summer. Girls, its gets pretty humid, so be aware of that when your hair either frizzes or goes flat!! As with any vacation, wear very comfy shoes.

Instant Answers: Memphis

Comments

Memphis What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Memphis what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Memphis sightseeing.