Alfred's On Beale, Memphis

by lashr1999
  • soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

Alfred's On Beale: Disappointing meal

by soundsgoodtome Written Jul 16, 2005

Alfred's is the typical bar/restaurant on Beale Street. If the weather is nice, I recommend sitting on the upstairs patio. The atmosphere is fairly nice because you are right in the middle of Beale Street and the live music can be heard from outside. Prices are also fairly reasonable. The service was quite slow and they were not very busy. My waiter accidently gave me unsweet tea, and instead of replacing it with sweet tea when I told him, he just brought packs of sugar and sweet n low. When I finally got a refill, which I had to wait a long time for, my tea was finally sweet.

Favorite Dish: The only thing we had that was pretty good was the house salad. I had the cajun salmon which was very bland and tasteless. The potatoes O'Brien were alright but your taste buds seem to like them less and less as you eat more. They are slightly mashed and made in a creamy cheese sauce with onion and green pepper. Avoiding the onions and peppers definitely makes them taste better. The toasted bread was also good.

• Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

• sarahbeth11's Profile Photo

Alfred's on Beale: Excellent, affordable burger!

by sarahbeth11 Written Mar 24, 2005

We headed here for dinner on Saturday because the menu posted outside looked like it fit our budget. Not only was everyone incredibly friendly (several employees and restaurant regulars came to talk to us) but the food was excellent! Our table was right next to the band, who started to play in the middle of our meal. They interacted with us as we enjoyed our meal and their music. A very pleasant dining experience!

Favorite Dish: The half-pound cheeseburger definitely hit the spot. I think it's called the Alfred's Burger, or something creative like that. Everything comes with a big plate of chips, great for snacking after you've finished your meal!

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Alfred's on Beale Street

by lashr1999 Written Oct 24, 2004
    Alfred's on Beale live music

Th staff is great and the food is tops. I loved the barbecue chicken sandwich and barbecue chicken nachos.The prices are pretty reasonable. The outdoor patio is great for people watching Nice live music to listen to at night.

• Study Abroad

• Alfred's on Beale StreetThey...

by Pamzam70 Written Aug 25, 2002

Alfred's on Beale Street

They make a MEAN catfish sandwich!! Good food, great music. George Klein, who was an old buddy of Elvis's, acts as DJ on some nights. However, I wouldn't suggest you ask for his autograph - my friend did and he wanted to CHARGE HER 5 bucks!!! He was also very rude, too. A woman walked up to his dj booth to request a song and he told her to 'get out of his booth!'

But, other than that, the staff are great and the food is tops, too.
    The prices are pretty reasonable; just your typical pub grub food. They also have an outdoor patio which makes for great people watching in the summer.

One 'unique' feature about Alfred's is it's 'Elvis Room.' The first time my friend and I went to Memphis, this old, old man was standing in front of Alfred's, and kept telling us there was 'something we had to see' inside. We kept thinking, 'yeah, he's just trying to get us inside to spend money.' Well, he finally convinced us and brought us inside. He led us all the way to the back part of the restaurant (We were getting a little nervous!! Where was he taking us!?!). He opened these French doors, turned on the lights, and it was a tiny 'shrine' to Elvis. Just old memorabilia, nothing too special, but it sure made for an interesting time looking. After that, of course we ate there and LOVED IT!! If you get a chance, check out the little 'back room.'

Favorite Dish: CATFISH SANDWICHES!!!

Instant Answers: Memphis

Comments

Hotels Near Alfred's On Beale
3.5 out of 5 stars