Been here? Rate It!
Barksdale: Home cooking in Memphis
Barksdale is a no-nonsense type of eatery. The interior decor is stuck in the 0's with a dark brown carpet and dark brown paneling covered with photos of Memphis notables and ads. The food is also no-nonsense with staples such as country fried steak, fried chicken livers, beef tips and noodles, and meatloaf. With your main you also get a choice of three sides that include cole slaw, baked apples, cottage cheese, mac & cheese, green beans, etc. They also serve open and closed face sandwiches, burgers, and what looks like a very tasty southern breakfast.
Be aware that the Barksdale closes early....like 3pm!
Favorite Dish: Hot roast beef with gravy sandwich, fried chicken, catfish sandwich
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Memphis Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cook Islands
- Antigua Guatemala Hotels
- San Clemente
- Spain Hotels
- Varna Hotels
- Jay Cooke State Park Hotels