Blues City Cafe, Memphis

Beale Street and 2nd Street

• You didn't believe the six-pound sirloin?
    You didn't believe the six-pound...
    by Fewf
    blues city cafe on the left of photo
    by Bullabong
  • Blues City Cafe: Cold food, poor service

by Wandering_Soul Updated Apr 4, 2011

We ate here, and were not very impressed. The food was brought to our table quickly, but was almost cold. We order drinks which the waiter forgot to bring- I found another waiter and told him, and he was rude and said he wasn't serving our section. This place was very busy, and is obviously popular, and the prices are OK. But we were very disappointed in the food and the service.

• Fewf's Profile Photo

Blues City Cafe: By the Pound

by Fewf Updated Apr 4, 2011
    You didn't believe the six-pound sirloin?

Catfish is the specialty of the area, so you might want to try that. Otherwise, perhaps some meat. Like the six-pound sirloin. Everyone seems to love the place, and I'm no exception. The food is good, and the service is impeccable.

Favorite Dish: I got a Memphis steak, to honor the fact that I was in Memphis. Can't say I was disappointed.

• Trains

• Blues City Cafe: Best Ribs!

by Abranch420 Written Mar 17, 2005

This place is always crowded on the weekends, service is never great, but some of the food is amazing.

Favorite Dish: The ribs are very tender, the meat falls off of the bones. The sauce is sweet and has a great flavor. I would avoid the "World Famous Steaks" as I found them to be without seasoning. Stick with the ribs!

• Bullabong's Profile Photo

Blues City Cafe: Best Ribs in town

by Bullabong Updated Jun 24, 2004

blues city cafe on the left of photo

The restaurant is not the best looking in the world, but the food is the best on Beale Street. Lots of famous people including Bill Clinton have been known to frequent. Tom Cruise has visited and there is even a scene in 'The Firm' with Tom at one of the booths.

Favorite Dish: The ribs are the best I have tasted, you can buy them by the full rack or half rack. All served with fries, beans, coleslaw and texan toast. Other great items on the menu are the Catfish and the crab stuffed mushrooms.

Instant Answers: Memphis

Comments

Hotels Near Blues City Cafe
4.0 out of 5 stars