Know about this? Rate It!
This is the park for the minor league Redbirds. It has a number of features including
Redbirds fans enjoy:
* An Open Concourse allowing them to never lose sight of the game
* The Wolfchase Toyota Picnic Pavilion hosting as many as 500 fans
* Lawn seating on the Bluff (Please Note: No Chairs Allowed)
* Two Upper Club levels with 48 Club Suites
* Club Seats with access to an air conditioned concourse and specialty foods
* A state-of-the-art Press box and Super LED Video Board
* Two open-air Party Decks seating up to 175 fans each
* Three pre-game balconies
* The Boardwalk - A family-oriented games and amusement area
* P.D. Parrot's Playhouse Perch, sponsored by Baptist Pediatric Care (a playground and fun zone located next to the Bluff)
You can have a tour "behind the scenes" for $5.00 per person
Equipment: Items that are not allowed into AutoZone Park:
1. Alcohol beverages or illegal drugs
2. Non-alcohol beer
3. Food items except baby formula bottles and baby food
4. Glass bottles or cans
5. Ice chests or hard-sided coolers
6. Camera tri-pods
7. Sticks or clubs (including signs attached to sticks)
9. Bullhorns or other noisemakers
11. Animals (except certified services dogs)
12. Beach balls or other inflatables
14. Skateboards or roller blades
15. Squirt guns or super soakers
16. Laser pointers
17. Weapons of any kind
18. Folding lawn chairs, beach style chairs, chaise lounges and lounge style chairs for guests holding a ticket in the TruGreen Bluff area.
- Adventure Travel
- Road Trip
- Family Travel
Come to the Civil Rights Baseball game
One of the most important pre-season Major League baseball events is the Civil Rights game, held at the minor league stadium, AutoZone Park in downtown Memphis. Beginning just in 2007, the annual game honors acheivements in civil rights at large and celebrates African-American players past and present. There is much interest generated for the event which is an unofficial start to the MLB season. Despite hype, attendance is fair at best at the game. MLB still is likely to continue promoting the game nevertheless, in effort to increase awareness of civil rights and for the spirit of racial harmony.
Expect some hot and humid weather at the game, for, it is held in Memphis!
Previous Results of game:
2008 Memphis, TN AutoZone Park, Chicago White Sox 2-3 New York Mets
2007 Memphis, TN AutoZone Park, Cleveland Indians 1-5 St. Louis Cardinals
Equipment: Get your glove to catch a flyball!
- Historical Travel
- Adventure Travel
If you're interested in seeing a professional baseball game, check out Memphis' new AAA team the Memphis Redbirds. You can find them playing at Autozone Park in downtown Memphis. This picture was taken late at night from the rooftop of the Peabody Hotel. I hope to take one during the daytime that should turn out a little better.
Memphis has recently acquired the Grizzlies NBA team. I haven't been yet to see them play. They have been playing in the Pyramid Arena, but once it opens (and it should be soon), their home will be the FedEx Forum.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Memphis Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Port Chester Hotels
- Pattaya Hotels
- Ranjangaon Ganpati Hotels
- Casas Adobes Hotels
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Hotels
- Bolgoda Lake Hotels
- Costa Rica
- Scoresby Hotels
- New Orleans
- Blue Mounds State Park Hotels
- Broadway Junction Hotels
- Port Douglas Hotels