Beale Street, Memphis

by iam1wthee
  • butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Enjoy Beale Street

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Love Love Love me some BEALE STREET in Memphis, TN...whether is daytime or night, springtime or winter,... Anytime on Beale Street is the BEST time on Beale Street..
    Tony and I went to celebrate my 49th birthday on Saturday Night January 12th..You have to know me to understand...My birthday is actually on January 8th, I share birthdays with the King himself...Elvis Aaron Presley...and I try to celebrate my birthday every year with a trip somewhere and this time I chose Memphis...
    Tony really loves Beale Street. I really love Beale Street..Everyone Loves Beale Street. I am sharing some photos of some of the great bars.
    There is always great music, great food, great atmosphere and a Great time to be found on Beale Street!!!! if you go, share your experience!!!!

• Beer Tasting

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Visit Beale Street

by 807Wheaton Updated Feb 16, 2009
    Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee

We used some of our time in the afternoon to see Beale Street. We found parking on the street but the area was not good. We were pestered by street people. There is a large statue to Elvis on Beale Street. We saw and could smell lots of restaurants on the walk to The Peabody.

• Seniors

• Memphis In May-Beale Street Music festival

by daileyjoy Written Dec 28, 2006

With all the things people have said you should see and do here I am shocked that I have not seen one on the blues festival. 3 days, 4 stages and up to 60+ bands and artisits. It is great I have gone many, many times with my husband and both of my children. It is at Tom Lee Park that is right next to the river. It is truly an amazing experence with tons of people on blankets listening to bands, playing with their children, hanging out with friends or just napping. People will even pull their boats up close and listen from there. Tons of food and drinks to choose from, venders with everything you could buy trinkets to handmade clothes and jewelry. Past performers Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, ZZ Top, Chicago, James Brown, George Clinton, Robert Randolf, B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ray Charles, Beck, Van Morrison, Al Green, Dave Matthew's Band, John Lee Hooker, Sammy Haggar, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Styx, Charlie Daniels, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Kansas, Cheap Trick, Creed, Collective Soul, Peter Frampton, Sheryl Crow, Booker T & the MG's, Ablert King, Widespread Panic, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, Wilson Pickett, Hootie and the Blowfish, James Cotton, Blues Traveler, Bobby Blue Bland, Black Crowes, Ziggy Marley, the Allman Brothers Band, The Offspring, Saliva, Puddle Of Mud, and lots more. If you are planning a trip to Memphis you should try to go to this. It is worth it.

• Festivals
    • Music

• Danalia's Profile Photo

Beal st. Memphis, TN

by Danalia Updated Dec 25, 2010

Beal street, Memphis, TN

Beal street is a very colorful street in down town Memphis
    At day time it is easy to find some street's music, and at night? lots of clubs, great mood and lovely Memphis accent ....

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

by cruisingbug Written Apr 23, 2004

Beale St., Memphis, Tennessee

"Walkin' with my feet 10 feet off of Beale"

THE center of blues and jazz in Memphis. Just be careful if you keep going on Beale - it turns pretty rough-looking. Stick to the crowded areas.

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Whistling around Beale St.

by aphrodyte Updated Jun 23, 2008

Beale Street is nestled in the downtown area. You can reach Beale Street on the Main St. Trolley Line.

The trolley drops you off near the Orpheum Theater side of Beale Street.

• Singles

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

by iam1wthee Written Sep 10, 2012

Street performers and restaurants with free music galore.

Unlike others I felt safe in this area. No one harrassed me as when in other cities.

• Singles

• Kene91's Profile Photo

by Kene91 Written Jul 24, 2004

One of the coolest experiences ever, bar after bar, many of which served foods along with restaurants. Watch live music indoors and outdoors. Plenty of places to find a token from your trip.

• Music

Instant Answers: Memphis

Comments

Hotels Near Beale Street
4.0 out of 5 stars