Mud Island is a tourist trap...
Mud Island is a tourist trap of inordinate description. The museum part is nice enough -- a history of the Mississippi River with fairly helpful presentations. At the end, you can wade in a scale model of the river, from Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico, all the while avoiding pickpockets and ice cream vendors. Don't try to swim in the Gulf. We did when I was a kid and the cops threw us out. I had to be all wet while watching Superman III. Don't ask.
They used to travel up and down the Mighty Mississippi. Now they just take tourists for a round trip of a few miles. Somehow, I don't think the feel onboard would be anything like it used to be.
Ride the Ducks of Memphis
I will ALWAYS list the River Ducks under tourist traps......
I wouldn't mind having one of their trucks though...
Unique Suggestions: www.memphisducks.com
I was booked at the Peabody for a conference there; but when I arrived (at nearly midnight) they...more
It's been three days. Hot Breakfast every day, walks on Main Street, watching the Trolley's. Three...more
i was driving from central arkansas to nashville, TN, so memphis was a good stopping place for an...more
Latest Memphis Hotel Reviews
- Peabody Hotel
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
- Doubletree Hotel Memphis Downtown
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
- Elvis Presley Heartbreak Hotel
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
- Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- The Roulhac Mansion
- Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Explore the World
- Claytor Lake State Park Hotels
- Fort Walton Beach Hotels
- Simpang Pulai Hotels
- Steptoe Butte State Park Hotels
- Male Island
- Vienna Hotels
- Memphis Hotels
- Dockweiler Beach State Park Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
- Townsville Hotels