Graceland, Memphis

Know about this?

• Not the safest area..

by bd88 Written Jul 15, 2011

I grew up in Memphis, and I absolutely love my city.. most parts of it. The Graceland area is not safe. If you're going to visit, make sure you visit during daylight. And definitely don't stay at a hotel/ motel in that area.

• Museum Visits
    • Music

• Bliss149's Profile Photo

Sad but True

by Bliss149 Written Mar 19, 2005

The area around Graceland is NOT the greatest. Daytime is fine. But at night I would take a cab and I'd be sure to lock up away any valuables.

In fact, you might want to stay in another area and just drive out to Elvis' place.

• Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Memphis

• Jun 23, 2014 at 8:04 PM

We planned a vacation to Memphis and Graceland. I've read several comments during my trip planning about how dangerous the area around Graceland is, especially at night. We booked a room at the Heartbreak Hotel with the VIP package tour for 4 of us at Graceland. We arrived in Memphis late, 10:30 PM, driving for over 13 hours to get there. We were able to find the hotel with no issues and were met at the gate by security, which made us feel more at ease. The next day we toured Graceland and felt very secure the entire time. Granted we didn't leave the grounds until we left Memphis, and the area around it was slightly blighted, our overall experience was nothing but positive. Friendly staff and very safe.