Murfreesboro Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Murfreesboro

Old Chicago: Old Chicago

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 19, 2014

Saturday Feb 8th, Tony and I went to one of our favorite restaurants in the area ...Old Chicago. I had a received a $50 gift card for my 50th birthday from my childhood bestie...and we decided to put it to good use..So, we went for a nice dinner.

It wasn't very crowded and we were seated immediately at a booth in the bar area. We were able to watch the West Virginia University vs Kansas Basketball game..go WVU !!! Tony ordered a Draft of "Falls City" ( a reminder of my youth ) and I got a soda. We ordered a Chicago 7 Chicago Deep Dish Pizza large with extra sauce and cheese. It was served really quickly.
    Then Tony ordered a "BATCH 19 Pre-Prohibition Genuine Draft Style" bottle of beer. I tasted it, it was dark but not too bad. I preferred the Fall City over the Batch 19 but I like draft better anyway. Always did!!!

We ate some of pizza and took the rest home for later.
    The ticket was only $34.02 with taxes. I left him a 18% tip in cash..
    We had a really great belated birthday dinner...
    I enjoyed it.

Thanks Debbi for the gift card for my birthday

Coconut Bay Cafe: Coconut Bay Cafe

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 8, 2014

Friday July 26, Tony and I went to one of our favorite restaurants in Murfreesboro while out running errands. We hadn't been here for awhile and they are under new management. — at Coconut Bay Cafe Murfreesboro

• Singles

Toot's Restaurant: Toot's Restaurant

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

August 24, 2012..went to Dinner with Tony at Toot's in Murfreesboro, TN..We like this restaurant and have been here several times.
    There isn't much to say, they have great food on the menu but everything is usually deep fried..so my tummy was upset so I went with soup and salad and Tony went with Shrimp and Fries..he had a beer (budweiser) and I had tea with lemon/lime slices.
    I will add more reviews with other trips to the restaurant

Romano's Macaroni Grill: Romano's Macaroni Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I got off work and Tony and I was going to go down to Murfreesboro from Nashville to take a walk in the Stone River National Battlefield but it was already closed. We were both hungry so we thought about going to one of our favorites in Murfreesboro, "Old Chicago"..but we saw "Romano's Macaroni Grill".
    We had never eaten there before and I always like to try new places.

So we pulled in, not sure what to expect or what to order....
    The restaurant was lovely.. Dark clean wood, white table clothes and a roaring fireplace and beautiful lighting. It was a gorgeous setting and immediately I was in love with the decor. The colors were so inviting and warm.

They greeted us immediately. We were seated against the back wall. Our host was very friendly and we told him it was our first visit. He was quick to assure us we would be very pleased with any item on the menu but he recommended the "Penne Rustica" Pasta. The plate had a great description in the menu. Our waitress, KASEY came up almost immediately. Wrote her name on the white paper (wax) covering the top of the white linen table cloth with bright red crayon...cute!!!
    We ordered our drinks..me the usual..Unsweetened tea with Lime/Lemon and Tony got his usual...Budweiser..I was tempted to get a glass of wine..but I was driving.

We studied the menu..and made our selection. Tony opted to choose the Flatbread Pepperoni Pizza (8 slices ) larger than a normal dinner plate..I would say about 14" easy..and I ordered "Mama Trio" dinner plate with Chicken/Mushroom Canneloni, a helping of the beef/sausage Lasagna and Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti noodles and a great basilly sweet marinara sauce.
    They brought us some delicious Herbed Hot bread with some Extra Virgin Olive oil and herbs for dipping of the GREAT bread...

Our meal came out quickly. I am so glad I didn't order any salads or appetizers. The plate serving was huge..Check out our pictures. Tony and I split everything. We tasted everything and we feel in love with the fresh made pastas and the sauce and Neither of us are a real flatbread pizza lover but it was really good.
    I would highly recommend to everyone and we can't wait to go again....I have to take my daughter and son when they come to visit again!!!

I am going to eat here again!!!! SOON!!!!!

• Wine Tasting

Smashburger: Smashburger

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

I am a fan of SMASHBURGER...I have tried several of their sandwiches and My top three favorites are:
    1. Avocado Club Chicken sandwich
    2. Cucumber & Goat Cheese Chicken Sandwich
    3. Mushroom Swiss Burger

I am in love with their "Veggie Frites" the healthier alternative to french fries..it is the fresh carrot and Green beans flash fried and served with a dipping ranch sauce..OMG..I dream about these things..They are delicious. I am planning another trip by here, just to sit down, eat some Veggie Frites and drink some awesome tea!!!!

I am a Weight Watchers point counter, they are only 3 points for the basket and the dipping sauce..and if you want a sandwich..the Cucumber & Goat Cheese Chcken sandwich with fresh spinach and veggies on a multi grain bun is only 9 points...so this is the MEAL for you ..
    within your point allowance and HEALTHY and delicious...a Win Win Win for everyone!!!

I can't wait to go back!!!!! Let's go NOW!!!

Sam's Sports Bar & Grill: Sam's Sports Bar & Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Awesome is the first words as we walked into the door. It is so roomy and large in here. I just loved it from the moment the door. The bar is in the middle of the bar, dark wood and gorgeous..There are TVs all over the place..big flat screens EVERYWHERE..the tables are High Tops some with great high booths..perfect for my leg issues.. and then there are some booths and smaller tables..GREAT use of space in this restaurant..There are large model airplanes and helicopters on the ceiling hanging down...great design...I loved every single thing in this restaurant.

Our waitress came immediately to get our drink order. I ordered unsweetened tea with lemon and lime ( as usual) and Tony ordered his bottle Budweiser. He chose a 9 inch pepperoni pizza and I opted for the Fish tacos with side of black beans and rice...VERY GOOD CHOICE..I would definitely order this again and again.
    Our waitress was very helpful and happy to find out it was our first trip here. She even told the manager and he visited our table twice to make sure everything was to our liking..and IT was..

I would definitely go here again and I definitely recommend it to any and all..I DEFINITELY would eat the healthy Fish Tacos again...I took my leftovers home and had them for dinner...so I actually ate there twice in one day!!!!
    Can't wait to go again!!!!

T. G. I. Friday's: T. G. I. Fridays

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Best Wings Ever!!!
    Tony and I went to the TGI Friday's in the parking lot of the Stones River Mall in Murfreesboro, TN. We enjoy the Friday's at Opry Mills Mall..so we thought we would try this one too..
    They have Thursday specials of $3 Appetizers and $3 Drink specials.

We enjoy this restaurant and the menu alot. We ordered the Hot Wings with Traditional Buffalo Sauce with Blue Cheese and Ranch Dressing with Celery. We also enjoyed the Spinach Artichoke Flatbread and I had my usual Iced Tea with Lemon and Lime and Tony enjoyed a couple of Budweisers on draft. The ticket was only $23 with taxes..Great deal and the best Wings!!!

We will definitely eat here again and again!!! I recommend it to everyone!!

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers: Great Burgers!!!

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I went to Red Robin...I love Red Robin...I like to go here when I am missing my baby girl...who is 18...
    She loves this restaurant.
    I am a Loyal Reward member so during your birthday month you get a free burger..so went for my Free burger..
    I opted for the Prime Chophouse Burger with French Fries and Tony went with Bruschetta Chicken sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries...I ordered a soda and Tony got a couple of draft beers..
    we had a really nice meal..and while there 4 birthday celebrations within the hour..
    Great location
    Great Food'
    Great Price!!!

Favorite Dish: You can't go WRONG with any of the many burger options!!! I have too many to pick my favorite..

• Women's Travel

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Carrabba's: Good for a Chain Restaurant

by TravellerMel Written Apr 5, 2009

Came here for a Friday night date. Very crowded and noisy, but the staff was very friendly and the food came quickly. Nice wood paneling made the place very warm and inviting. Our table had a great view of the kitchen, so I could watch the cooks prepare the meals.

Favorite Dish: I had the mezzaluna (chicken and spinach stuffed ravioli in a creamy tomato sauce) and it was wonderful. My companion had the grilled salmon and lobster ravioli on the side. I thought the lobster ravioli was very tasty; however, the salmon was undercooked and had to be returned to the kitchen. They were eager to rectify the situation, and the second attempt was perfect.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

B'McNeel's Restaurant: Great Food off the Square

by ATXtraveler Updated Nov 5, 2008

For the second time this week, business brought me into the Southern part of the US, which meant I was almost assured of a delicious meal. I consulted the guides in the hotel, and found a place that sounded interesting in the old town square area. Located just a block off the square, B'McNeel's was available for a walk-in midweek, and for a period of time, I was the only customer. Needless to say, with only one customer, the staff was fairly attentive to my needs.

The menu had plenty of solid Southern choices, including delicious looking fish, beef and chicken dishes. Quite a few had a down home twist to them, but adding a cheddar cheese grit, or sweet potato to compliment the main choice. I was torn between a blue cheese stuffed filet, Southern Chicken Marsala, Savannah Shrimp and Grits, or my ultimate choice of Molasses Roasted Pork. As any food critic worth his salt would do, I also added a salad and appetizer. Although I finished my plates, I did save room for a little dessert as well.

I started the meal with a Fried Asparagus with cheese dipping sauce. The breading on the asparagus was a little thicker than I imagined, but it was very lightly fried and turned out being very good. I would have enjoyed a little sharper cheese flavor from the dipping sauce, but I did not leave any in the bowl.

Favorite Dish: For a salad, I chose the House, which was a raspberry vinagrette based mixed green salad with blue cheese crumbles and apple slices. The textures worked nicely as the crisp apple complimented the tart raspberry and the creamy blue cheese. The portion was very decent, and I likely could have been content with this salad as an entree at lunch.

The main course really was a signature dish for the restaurant. Molasses Roasted Pork with White Cheddar Grits and Southern Style Green Beans was my ultimate decision. With so many other options on the menu, I turned to the waiter with a couple options, and he quickly informed me that he did not eat fish, so he could not assist me with any decision making involving scales or shells. This was good enough for me, and I went to the top of the chart with the pork. The meat was extremely tender, and the molasses roasting was clearly a signature dish for a reason. The flavors really did melt in my mouth, and the compliment of a spicy seasoning in the green beans really completed the experience. For anyone above the Mason-Dixon line, the ideal of grits might bring to bear memories of Dueling Banjos, but I will be the first to tell you if I had a blind fold on, my guess would have been mashed potatoes. This blend of white cheddar cheese and love is evident from first bite.

My one disappointment with this dining experience however was the dessert. I went with the Bananas Foster, a dish which is typically served as a flambe. The flavor was decent, and the portion was large enough to share with 3 friends, but the lack of heat really turned me off. The bananas were slightly warmed, but there was not any heat left when it arrived to even dissipate any of the ice cream. I didn't expect a flaming masterpiece, but enough warmth to carmelize the outside of the banana would have sealed my experience.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• Slaybell_6's Profile Photo

Demos, The Front Porch: Demos, The Front Porch

by Slaybell_6 Written Oct 4, 2002

Demos is always the same. The service, the food , and the atmosphere . The Front Porch has the best atmosphere in the whole town. It is a special place to take anyone for that extra nice lunch.

Favorite Dish: Demos has the best spaghetti in the whole world. And the Front Porch has fruit tea that is absolutly wonderful. Any menu item from either restaurant is great.

Instant Answers: Murfreesboro

Comments

Murfreesboro Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Murfreesboro restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Murfreesboro sightseeing.