Bars/Pubs, Nashville

Know about this? Rate It!

by TravellerMel
    by TravellerMel
    by butterflykizzez04

Bars/Pubs: Bailey's Pub & Grille

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I went to Bailey's Pub and Grille to celebrate my 49th Birthday tonight after work. It was our first time there and it was very nice. The interior is very nice and very roomy, with dark paneling and woodwork. I love the decor inside this restaurant.

Half of the restaurant is smoker friendly and the rest is without smoking area and it is a 21 yrs or over restaurant /Irish Pub full time..which is very nice. There is 3 pool tables and plenty of Televisions and a large dark paneled bar..and the night we were there, there was some live music...it was very nice!!!

Tony and I had never been before so we took a while to choose our selections. Tony had the Bud Light Draft @ $2.00 each..and I had soda (Coca Cola). I ordered the Jamaican Chicken with a soy glaze, side of rice, black beans and broccoli..very healthy plate and pretty good!!! Tony ordered the Fish and Chips with side of Cole slaw and French Fries...and it was AWESOME...4 big pieces of fish, that was beer battered in Ale..and it was so GOOD. It smelled good and I had to take a bite..and it MELTED in your mouth..OMG..I am not a huge fish eater, but I would eat this again and again..I am glad this restaurant is located near my office..I am going to get this again!!!

I had a coupon from the Eclub for one free entree when you buy one for my birthday..so it was $10 off, so with the food, drinks and tips...ONLY $25....awesome!!!
    I highly recommend this restaurant....and join their Eclub...

Bars/Pubs: Spanky's Sports Bar and Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Stopped in at Spanky's sports bar by my home ...they are always busy but when we went in ....a lot of older peeps sitting at the bar ...drinking and smoking! As an area for a small band and several televisions...there are about 10 tables and 2 pool tables ....and Wi-Fi ....they serve food too but normal bar fare ...sort of dark in here with a radio ..I never saw a jukebox ...bathrooms small but clean and bartender was friendly
    Back home this would be a HOLE!!!! But cheap!!!

Bars/Pubs: Craft Brewed

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I stopped at the "CRAFT BREWED Bottle shop and Tasting Room" on 8th in the Berry Hills area of Nashville, TN. I have been wanting to try this place out so Tony and I stopped in to check it out. It was a little empty inside with a few people shopping in the Bottle Sections and one gentleman drinking a German inspired Draft.
    Tony and I was greeted immediately by the Bar Tender..(( I guess that is what they are called in a tasting room and Bottle shop)..He pointed out the various and many choices of Beer on Tap and after perusing the many different names scribbled in chalk on the board..we opted to share a draft of "Brooklyn Brown"..I just liked the name

This room was very large, open and airy and I felt immediately comfortable and at home!! There are 3 Barrel tables in the middle and one long table with bar stool type seats (stainless steel) in the middle of the room so we sit on the end..Reminded me of a bar in Heidelberg Germany that we called the Beer Museum. Here we would start at the top of the list ordering beers to see how far down the list you could get before you passed out or was carried out depending on your condition...again this was when I was MUCH MUCH MUCH younger...now I will only take a few sips of Tony's dark lager beer
    It wasn't bad. I don't think I would have it again!! Too many different drafts to try out..
    I recommend you going to this great establishment and try some great Genuine Brewed

• Wine Tasting

Bars/Pubs: Tenn Sixteen

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

OK is all I can say about it...
    I read a few reviews and thought since I was in the neighborhood visiting the farmers market at the high school I would stop in to catch a football game and grab something...best part of fall...Football on all the tvs in all the bars..
    Well this was a bar...definitely large, bright and airy.
    The windows big and open, letting in the cool fall day..it was Saturday about noon and it was not crowded so we said, why not!!
    We had already decided to eat next door at Five Points but we thought we would stop in and maybe grab an appetizer and drink...lol !!!
    The prices scared the crap out of me!!!
    $7 to $12 for appetizers and so far nothing jumping out at me as I HAVE TO TRY...but the prices jumped off the page...too high for me!!
    So our really friendly waitress came over and took our drink order. Tony was disappointed that the Budweiser was only in a bottle and not on Tap..he prefers Draft beer while watching football on the big screen in the bar..He can watch Big Screen Television and drink bottle beer at home..much cheaper...lol!!
    So he took the bottle of beer only $3 and i ordered Coca Cola..

We might go back...Can't really guarantee..
    There are a lot of restaurants and pubs in the area with the same food on the menu..will try them first before going back here!!!
    But you try it..
    You might like it!!!

• Wine Tasting

Bars/Pubs: The Wheel

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Cheap beer...we went to a few places downtown on Broadway while waiting on the show at Ryman Auditorium. We were on the way to see "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" so we had some time to enjoy downtown nightlife.
    Tony likes this bar because it is one of the few he can actually drink at and Smoke at the same time..This is one of the bars that you can NOT take your underage children into. Some of the locations you can take minors into until 8pm (( I think that is the time frame))

There was a band there. A man and woman singer. They were pretty good. Can't remember there names but they were pretty good. Better than some we heard in other locations. The beer was cheaper here. The Budweiser was only $4.25 here where everywhere else $5 or more.

All of these locations are small and narrow and they get crowded fast. But at least the crowds come and go if you sit still long enough.

Bars/Pubs: Full Moon Saloon

Smoking allowed...$6-25 for 1coke and 1 Budweiser

There was a band there. A man and woman singer. They were okay..NOT the BEST!!! They also tried to joke around a lot but it wasn't funny.

I would go here again! They love the Tourist here!!
    Remember the bands play by tips only!!

Bars/Pubs: Tootsie's Orchid Lounge

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

We went to a few places downtown on Broadway while waiting on the show at Ryman Auditorium. We were on the way to see "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" so we
    enjoyed this bar for a few drinks. I drank only soda..
    There was a band there. . They were pretty good. Can't remember there names but they were pretty good. Better than some we heard in other locations.
    The Budweiser was $6 each and a soda was $3...too expensive if you ask me..but a definite Tourist spot..It was packed..standing room only...

This place doesn't allow smoking because they allow you to bring your kids in under 21 until like 8 or 9 pm...that is stupid to me...stupid...

Bars/Pubs: Robert's Western World

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Cheap beer...we went to a few places downtown on Broadway while waiting on the show at Ryman Auditorium. We were on the way to see "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" so we had some time to before the show...

The only thing I don't like this bar...they allow tourist to bring in their KIDS...I just don't enjoy listening to music, drinking and watching other kids babies while they drink..not healthy environment...not talking babies..talking 10 yr olds...not right people..not right!!!

There was a band there. About five in group...They were pretty good. Can't remember there names but they were pretty good. Better than some we heard in other locations. The Budweiser was only $5 here where everywhere else $5 or more.

Bars/Pubs: Layla's Bluegrass

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Too Crowded for me...and tourist in there with kids about 12 yrs old and 5 yrs old..I know its a tourist location..but there should be rules about it..I think its child neglect or abuse or something. I know I wouldn't want my kids seeing a bunch of loud drunks partying..just because Johnny and George once walked these floors..
    come on parents..get a sitter or go to disney world if you are going to take your kids on vacation...NOT BROADWAY!!!

Tourist trap...Budweiser $6 and fountain soda $3..
    too high...too high...

Honky Tonk Central: Honky Tonk Central

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

At the moment, the place is quite nice, I spent an hour or two waiting here one day, listening to a band that while not the best ever was doing a pretty decent job of not being annoying and entertaining. The waitstaff was nice and the tip-gatherers were not pushy.

Wide open, nice breeze, clean and prompt service. Fingerprints of the old bar Seanache are still there in their bathroom signs, but they hollowed the place out and have really done a number on it. The bar looks like they're prepared for war.

They also have veggie burgers for us crazy veggie nuts.

Plenty of nice TVs if you're there to watch a game. While not appearing to be a sports bar, it was a bar that watching sports at would not be a problem.

They did appear to allow smoking (that or someone was just smoking in there) which considering there was a kid and a couple of under age people in that establishment I thought was a no no, but with the mass air flow they had I didn't smell anything.

the cons:

prices are stupid high on beer. I mean stupid high. $4.75 for a domestic. Wow. I mean I know downtown bars want to gouge the tourists as much as humanly possible

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Whiskey Bent Saloon: Broadway Honky Tonks - Whiskey Bent Saloon

by TravellerMel Written Aug 27, 2013

Some out-of-town friends came to visit and wanted to go honky tonk-ing, so we went to downtown Nashville. Broadway is known as "Honky Tonk Row", and so we walked into the Whiskey Bent Saloon as the band was playing a song we liked. We were able to get a table after not too long, but seeing how crowded it stayed, I think that was just dumb luck. We stayed for two band sets - the bands were not great, but they were good, and it was a fun environment. Unlike most of the bars on Broadway, the Whiskey Bent is NON-SMOKING, which is perfect for us. Drink prices were a little high (but then, they are at all the downtown bars), and I was annoyed that they charged for my husband's Diet Coke (usually, colas for the designated driver are complimentary). But we had fun, and I would definitely go back again.

Dress Code: Shoes and shirts - pretty much anything else goes. :-)

McFadden's Bar and Grill: McFadden's Bar and Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 6, 2011

A very nice and very large Irish Pub right on 2nd avenue a few doors down from Coyote Ugly and a few of the other bars and eating establishments in Nashville.
    I have had a few beers here and one late lunch of French Onion soup which was really good. So I can only recommend that.

Dress Code: casual

• doug48's Profile Photo

rippy's smokin bar & grill: patio bar

by doug48 Written Sep 29, 2010

rippy's smokin bar & grill

rippy's smokin bar & grill is a combination bar and restaurant located in the broadway entertainment district. the main attraction of rippy's is their second floor out side patio. the patio is a fun place to have a drink if the weather is nice. the downstairs bar offers live entertainment and televisions for sports watching. one disappointment was the food. i ordered a sliced pork sandwich which was tiny considering the $ 7.50 price. rippy's is a great place to drink but take a pass on the food.

Dress Code: casual.

• Architecture
    • Business Travel

• horsinround2's Profile Photo

Paradise Park Trailer Resort: If the dance floor's full... dance on the table!

by horsinround2 Written Jun 8, 2008

Paradise Park - neon sign outside the bar.

No cover, $6 pitchers of beer, great live band, Mark Collie stoppin' by just for the heck of it (on 6.07.08), good friends, & dancin' on the tables with complete strangers - a good time was had by all!!!

This bar/restaurant is a humorous & tacky version of a trashy trailer park. They serve up live music with burgers/fries/corndogs and plenty of beer to wash it all down with.

Dress Code: You'll see everything: tennis shoes, flip flops, cowboy boots, jeans, shorts, ball caps, cowboy hats... how the H*LL'd she get into THAT!!! Again, the theme is trashy trailer park, so pretty much everything works.

• Bars/Pubs: Here's the hip Nashville spots as of Dec 2006

by UTVol88 Written Dec 5, 2006

Yeah you've heard the usual places to go, Tootsie's, 2nd Ave, etc. Tourists go to Tootsie's & the honky-tonks on Broadway (fun to take out-of-town friends there on their 1st trip just to say they've been). Go to the Boogie Bar in Printer's Alley (just off Church Street between 2nd & 3rd Ave in the heart of downtown Nashville) when the house band (Stacy Mitchhart & Blues You Can Use) is playing, you'll see leather-clad bikers partying alongside bankers in suits, & Gretchen Wilson served me drinks many times when she was a bartender there. Cool place. Historic 2nd Avenue is all tourists & now seems to draw crowds of drunk punk kids.

Hip locals don't hang on 2nd Ave or Broadway. The new hip areas of Nashville are: The Gulch (11th Ave S along the railroad tracks behind Union Station, just park & head for the party), 12South (12th Ave S, south of Wedgewood, has some cool shopping & eclectic boutiques), Hillsboro Village (very cool bars & restaurants on 21st Ave S, just down from Vanderbilt Univ), Elliston Place aka "The Rock Block" (cool bars & live music on Church Street between 21st Ave & Centennial Park), West End (several unique restaurants & bars, plus a couple of cool spots hidden a block or two off the main road). East Nashville @ Woodland Street is in a renaissance, with several hip watering holes known only to the locals. However, after dark, try to park in well-lit parking areas, lock your car, & pay attention to your surroundings if you're out late.

As for music, pick up a copy of the Nashville Scene & check out the music section; you'll find any type of live music imaginable. And if you get the opportunity to see a concert at the Ryman, DO IT. The old church (just off Broadway on 5th Ave N) & former home of the Opry is beautifully restored, acoustically perfect, serves liquor, only seats @ 3500 people & artists like Robert Plant, Elvis Costello, The Pretenders, Willie Nelson, & Etta James have graced the stage.

Welcome to Nashville, y'all ;)

Dress Code: Apply common sense. Going to a nice restaurant? Look nice. Going to look at the beautiful people? Dress hip. Going to the honky-tonks? Jeans & boots are fine. DON'T WEAR A COWBOY HAT ANYWHERE!!! Nothing says "I'm a tourist" in Nashville more than a cowboy hat!! But, sometimes a hot girl in tight jeans & a black lace teddy top can pull off the beat-up straw cowboy hat look....dudes, don't even bother.

• School Holidays
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Other Nightlife in Nashville