Bars/Pubs, Nashville

Know about this? Rate It!

by TravellerMel
    by butterflykizzez04
    by butterflykizzez04

Bars/Pubs: Rebar

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 18, 2014

Sunday, May 18th, Tony and I decided to go over to the Vanderbilt area and bar crawl or bar hop..whatever you want to call it.

We have seen this bar a few times and pasted it many times, so we decided to stop here. We went inside, they just opened at 11am. Albert greeted us. He was so very nice.

We ordered a PBR and a soda for only $4.50 with tax. This place is larger inside than it looks and the outside is very large. The patio is large with an outside bar with plenty of large tables. The place is very cozy.

They have a private parking lot in the back but it is small. The outside area is really nice with trees in the patio area to give you shading. They also have some outside tvs mounted even one near the corn hole playing area.

The feel of the whole area is like you are in a cozy outdoor backyard somewhere enjoying time with your friends and having a beer. I liked it a lot. We didn't eat here but the menu was really nice. The prices good and the menu had a large selection, we were still full from breakfast I made.

We both agreed this place was definitely a four star and we will definitely be back to enjoy some tacos or pizza...Can't wait to try this place again..if you are in the Vanderbilt area...it's a must stop..Albert is very friendly!!!

Bars/Pubs: Loser's Bar and Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 18, 2014

May 18th, Sunday, Tony and I decided to Urban Hike today again in Nashville. So, after we made a couple stops and we ended up here...Loser's Bar and Grill on the West Side off Broadway near Vanderbilt University.

It is a Sunday and about 11am..so its not really crowded...
    In fact, we were the first people there. Our bartender, Peyton, introduced herself. She is really lovely and so friendly.

Tony ordered a PBR and I got a soda ...only $3 for both with taxes...great bargain!!! We sat at the very nice wooden bar that is shiny gloss poly covering..the bar is really nice. The bar is a little dark but I really like that.
    The music was 80's rock, which we loved so very much..we are a fan of that venue of music.

This place is larger outside than inside. It has a large patio area that is enclosed but the bar inside is much smaller, but that is okay. The outside is really nice area. I would definitely come here again. Peyton never offered us any food so, I guess they don't cook here, but again OKAY with me..if I came here it would be to drink only anyway and enjoy some music.

I really liked this spot and I would go here again..The prices were right, staff friendly and she is in a band. We asked if she was playing anywhere currently and she said she wasn't ...but she is such a beautiful lady with a great personality and speaking voice. She sings Rock so Tony and I would definitely like to hear her perform..We made a new friend today,...thanks Peyton for making us feel like we were back home...

We both highly recommend this little bar to enjoy yourself alone or with some friends

Bars/Pubs: Winner's Bar and Grill

$2 domestic beer in long neck bottles on Funday Sunday

May 18th, Sunday, Tony and I decided to Urban Hike today again in Nashville. So, after we made a few stops we ended up here...Winner's Bar and Grill on the West Side off Broadway near Vanderbilt University.

It is a Sunday and about 11am..so its not really crowded...A good thing!
    Our Waitress was very friendly and quick to greet us, but didn't give us her name..We liked this bar right from the start. Well lit with Natural light and decor was in Football, with TV on the screens so it reminded us of a sports bar. There is a corner band area, not really large but right size...the tables are all high tops and one large booth. They are spread apart for ample room to move around.

The waitress brought us menus and got our drink order. She immediately told Tony the drink special is Funday Sunday $2 domestic long necks...Great price...so Tony ordered his favorite...can you guess...??? Budweiser
    I ordered a soda...we looked through the menu (very simple two sides only) but we opted not to eat here. We already decided on Five Points on the other side of town..

The music was casual rock and country blend..nothing major. They allow smoking inside and out on the patio...a plus in Tony's book. They have on street parking (if you can grab a spot) and a private parking lot you can access from the alleyway. The patio area is nice and large..

I really liked this spot and I would go here again..The prices were right, staff friendly and quick and menu looked adequate...next time will have to try some actual food...lol !!!
    But the beer pricing was great...$6 for both drinks with taxes and tip

Past Perfect: Past Perfect

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 8, 2014

Thursday, May 8th, 2014, After leaving Anthem at 2ish for the Yelp Registration, we headed to the Bat Building to park (free for me) and then walk the few blocks to Southern Steak and Oyster in the Pinnacle building. We were a little early because the event didn't begin until 3pm..so we stopped into Past Perfect.

I thought it would be really "RITZY" or "HOTEY TOOTEY"..but it was NOT..and I liked that. The booths are a little worse for wear..they could afford to get new ones...the rips in the seats I guess is part of the ambiance ....YEAH RIGHT?

We got there at happy hour and YES great prices..Pint of Bud Lite for ONLY $2 each...so we had one a piece and left a $1 tip and headed out..
    I will definitely go back here again. I liked the place a lot.

Alittle off the beaten path of Broadway but worth the walk..near the Johnny Cash museum..

Legends Corner: Legends Corner

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 7, 2014

Wednesday, May 7, 2014, Tony and I was urban hiking around Nashville playing like a Tourist...so after walking around the city for a few hours, we stopped into Legends Corner Bar...
    Many major players on the Nashville music scene from back in the day...PLAYED here on the Legends Stage...Johnny Cash and Paycheck, Loretta and Patsy, Waylon, and all the boys..they have been right there...
    Oh, that would have been the time to be walking through the doors and hearing the magical music...I would have loved to been in Nashville in the 60 and 70s..
    so many great singers and pickers...
    The backdoor of the Ryman opens into the alley behind the Legends backdoor...making it easy access in and out.
    I would have loved that.
    Tony and I grabbed a high table towards the back to listen to the two guys on the bar stools taking request. They were pretty good crooners. They played some really great oldies..and did a great job, but didn't catch their names.
    Tony had a beer and I had a bar tab soda $7 with tip
    Not bad

Bars/Pubs: Bailey's Pub & Grille

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I went to Bailey's Pub and Grille to celebrate my 49th Birthday tonight after work. It was our first time there and it was very nice. The interior is very nice and very roomy, with dark paneling and woodwork. I love the decor inside this restaurant.

Half of the restaurant is smoker friendly and the rest is without smoking area and it is a 21 yrs or over restaurant /Irish Pub full time..which is very nice. There is 3 pool tables and plenty of Televisions and a large dark paneled bar..and the night we were there, there was some live music...it was very nice!!!

Tony and I had never been before so we took a while to choose our selections. Tony had the Bud Light Draft @ $2.00 each..and I had soda (Coca Cola). I ordered the Jamaican Chicken with a soy glaze, side of rice, black beans and broccoli..very healthy plate and pretty good!!! Tony ordered the Fish and Chips with side of Cole slaw and French Fries...and it was AWESOME...4 big pieces of fish, that was beer battered in Ale..and it was so GOOD. It smelled good and I had to take a bite..and it MELTED in your mouth..OMG..I am not a huge fish eater, but I would eat this again and again..I am glad this restaurant is located near my office..I am going to get this again!!!

I had a coupon from the Eclub for one free entree when you buy one for my birthday..so it was $10 off, so with the food, drinks and tips...ONLY $25....awesome!!!
    I highly recommend this restaurant....and join their Eclub...

Bars/Pubs: Spanky's Sports Bar and Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Stopped in at Spanky's sports bar by my home ...they are always busy but when we went in ....a lot of older peeps sitting at the bar ...drinking and smoking! As an area for a small band and several televisions...there are about 10 tables and 2 pool tables ....and Wi-Fi ....they serve food too but normal bar fare ...sort of dark in here with a radio ..I never saw a jukebox ...bathrooms small but clean and bartender was friendly
    Back home this would be a HOLE!!!! But cheap!!!

Bars/Pubs: Craft Brewed

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I stopped at the "CRAFT BREWED Bottle shop and Tasting Room" on 8th in the Berry Hills area of Nashville, TN. I have been wanting to try this place out so Tony and I stopped in to check it out. It was a little empty inside with a few people shopping in the Bottle Sections and one gentleman drinking a German inspired Draft.
    Tony and I was greeted immediately by the Bar Tender..(( I guess that is what they are called in a tasting room and Bottle shop)..He pointed out the various and many choices of Beer on Tap and after perusing the many different names scribbled in chalk on the board..we opted to share a draft of "Brooklyn Brown"..I just liked the name

This room was very large, open and airy and I felt immediately comfortable and at home!! There are 3 Barrel tables in the middle and one long table with bar stool type seats (stainless steel) in the middle of the room so we sit on the end..Reminded me of a bar in Heidelberg Germany that we called the Beer Museum. Here we would start at the top of the list ordering beers to see how far down the list you could get before you passed out or was carried out depending on your condition...again this was when I was MUCH MUCH MUCH younger...now I will only take a few sips of Tony's dark lager beer
    It wasn't bad. I don't think I would have it again!! Too many different drafts to try out..
    I recommend you going to this great establishment and try some great Genuine Brewed

• Wine Tasting

Bars/Pubs: Tenn Sixteen

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

OK is all I can say about it...
    I read a few reviews and thought since I was in the neighborhood visiting the farmers market at the high school I would stop in to catch a football game and grab something...best part of fall...Football on all the tvs in all the bars..
    Well this was a bar...definitely large, bright and airy.
    The windows big and open, letting in the cool fall day..it was Saturday about noon and it was not crowded so we said, why not!!
    We had already decided to eat next door at Five Points but we thought we would stop in and maybe grab an appetizer and drink...lol !!!
    The prices scared the crap out of me!!!
    $7 to $12 for appetizers and so far nothing jumping out at me as I HAVE TO TRY...but the prices jumped off the page...too high for me!!
    So our really friendly waitress came over and took our drink order. Tony was disappointed that the Budweiser was only in a bottle and not on Tap..he prefers Draft beer while watching football on the big screen in the bar..He can watch Big Screen Television and drink bottle beer at home..much cheaper...lol!!
    So he took the bottle of beer only $3 and i ordered Coca Cola..

We might go back...Can't really guarantee..
    There are a lot of restaurants and pubs in the area with the same food on the menu..will try them first before going back here!!!
    But you try it..
    You might like it!!!

• Wine Tasting

Bars/Pubs: The Wheel

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Cheap beer...we went to a few places downtown on Broadway while waiting on the show at Ryman Auditorium. We were on the way to see "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" so we had some time to enjoy downtown nightlife.
    Tony likes this bar because it is one of the few he can actually drink at and Smoke at the same time..This is one of the bars that you can NOT take your underage children into. Some of the locations you can take minors into until 8pm (( I think that is the time frame))

There was a band there. A man and woman singer. They were pretty good. Can't remember there names but they were pretty good. Better than some we heard in other locations. The beer was cheaper here. The Budweiser was only $4.25 here where everywhere else $5 or more.

All of these locations are small and narrow and they get crowded fast. But at least the crowds come and go if you sit still long enough.

Bars/Pubs: Full Moon Saloon

Smoking allowed...$6-25 for 1coke and 1 Budweiser

There was a band there. A man and woman singer. They were okay..NOT the BEST!!! They also tried to joke around a lot but it wasn't funny.

I would go here again! They love the Tourist here!!
    Remember the bands play by tips only!!

Bars/Pubs: Tootsie's Orchid Lounge

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

We went to a few places downtown on Broadway while waiting on the show at Ryman Auditorium. We were on the way to see "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" so we
    enjoyed this bar for a few drinks. I drank only soda..
    There was a band there. . They were pretty good. Can't remember there names but they were pretty good. Better than some we heard in other locations.
    The Budweiser was $6 each and a soda was $3...too expensive if you ask me..but a definite Tourist spot..It was packed..standing room only...

This place doesn't allow smoking because they allow you to bring your kids in under 21 until like 8 or 9 pm...that is stupid to me...stupid...

Bars/Pubs: Robert's Western World

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Cheap beer...we went to a few places downtown on Broadway while waiting on the show at Ryman Auditorium. We were on the way to see "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" so we had some time to before the show...

The only thing I don't like this bar...they allow tourist to bring in their KIDS...I just don't enjoy listening to music, drinking and watching other kids babies while they drink..not healthy environment...not talking babies..talking 10 yr olds...not right people..not right!!!

There was a band there. About five in group...They were pretty good. Can't remember there names but they were pretty good. Better than some we heard in other locations. The Budweiser was only $5 here where everywhere else $5 or more.

Bars/Pubs: Layla's Bluegrass

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Too Crowded for me...and tourist in there with kids about 12 yrs old and 5 yrs old..I know its a tourist location..but there should be rules about it..I think its child neglect or abuse or something. I know I wouldn't want my kids seeing a bunch of loud drunks partying..just because Johnny and George once walked these floors..
    come on parents..get a sitter or go to disney world if you are going to take your kids on vacation...NOT BROADWAY!!!

Tourist trap...Budweiser $6 and fountain soda $3..
    too high...too high...

Honky Tonk Central: Honky Tonk Central

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

At the moment, the place is quite nice, I spent an hour or two waiting here one day, listening to a band that while not the best ever was doing a pretty decent job of not being annoying and entertaining. The waitstaff was nice and the tip-gatherers were not pushy.

Wide open, nice breeze, clean and prompt service. Fingerprints of the old bar Seanache are still there in their bathroom signs, but they hollowed the place out and have really done a number on it. The bar looks like they're prepared for war.

They also have veggie burgers for us crazy veggie nuts.

Plenty of nice TVs if you're there to watch a game. While not appearing to be a sports bar, it was a bar that watching sports at would not be a problem.

They did appear to allow smoking (that or someone was just smoking in there) which considering there was a kid and a couple of under age people in that establishment I thought was a no no, but with the mass air flow they had I didn't smell anything.

the cons:

prices are stupid high on beer. I mean stupid high. $4.75 for a domestic. Wow. I mean I know downtown bars want to gouge the tourists as much as humanly possible

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Other Nightlife in Nashville