Breakfast, Nashville

4.5 out of 5 stars 10 Reviews

• Scrambled eggs & ham with pancakes - yummy!
    Scrambled eggs & ham with pancakes -...
    Queue for the Pancake Pantry
    inside the Pancake Pantry

Panera Bread near Vandy: Panera Bread near Vandy

by butterflykizzez04 Written Jun 14, 2014

I love Panera Bread..I am a club member which earns me points for free food and you also get a free birthday surprise...so its a great free program.
    This morning I stopped for a Everything Bagel with Roast Veggie Medley Cream Cheese.

This particular location is a great location. It is larger than most and has tons of comfy seating for a great casual feeling. There is a fireplace in the middle, free wifi and tons of seating everywhere, even outside..Great location and located near Vanderbilt University.

The staff was very friendly on this early Saturday morning. I love this location and the food..

Dunkin Donuts: Dunkin Donuts

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I love Dunkin Donuts and try to eat here at least once a month for breakfast. I always get the "EVERYTHING" Bagel with Cream Cheese but my drink varies on the weather...and Tony gets usually a large black coffee and 2 donuts, Apple anything and a chocolate glazed donut..but sometimes we vary

This Thursday, November 8, 2012. we stopped and I got my usual but he added a Smoked Sausage with Egg and cheese English Muffin, and I added the Pumpkin Muffin..good food..
    I just wanted to share the pictures I took !!
    If you get a chance, stop in and try their new Smoked Sausage English Muffin or their seasonal Pumpkin Muffin..you won't be let down!!!! Awesome is all I can say!!!

IHOP: International House of Pancakes

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Love this place! Tony and I eat here a lot, because it is so close to the apartment, and they have good food. They are clean and fast and never had to return any of the food products..
    I am on my Weight Watchers Points so I ordered on the Simple and Fit menu. I ordered a Omelet made from Egg Beaters with Spinach, Tomatoes, Onions and Mushrooms ( no cheese) with a small bowl of mixed fruit and a cup of hot tea..if you're doing the points...only 5 points for the entire meal...Highly recommend. Will definitely do this again!!!
    They also have some of the best Waitresses!!! I always leave them a 25% tip...love these ladies!!!!

My favorite breakfast location. We go here a lot at least once a week or every other week, and we always try to set in either Lorraine or Tricia's sections. They are our favorite waitress'...but everyone there is great!!
    I had the weekday special for $4.99 ...2 eggs ( egg substitute - egg beaters) turkey bacon (2 slices) and whole wheat bread..with hash browns and unsweetened iced tea. I didn't eat the hash browns...by choice due to the points for my diet...but Tony ate his and Loved it...he had the same except sausage and pancakes...and he was stuffed..
    I love this restaurant..we received all that food for only $13.08 with taxes and then I left her a tip..
    can't wait to go again!!!

Another great breakfast ay IHOP. I love this place for breakfast. We always try to sit in our favorite Waitress' station..Lorraine or Trishia ...
    I like to go here because the food is good and they are so friendly and fast!!!
    I am on a diet with Weight Watchers and I can get the Simply Fit 2x2x2 and its only 4 points..I get the egg beaters (1/2 c makes 2 egg equivalent = 2 pts) turkey bacon (2 slices 1 point) and whole wheat toast (1 slice is 1 point) and then sugar free smuckers blackberry or strawberry jelly is 0points..
    and then I drink my usual unsweetened tea or hot tea....zero points.

I didn't think I would like Turkey bacon but it has grown on me!!!
    I love going here at least once a week sometimes two..and its always under $20 for us both including taxes and tip!!! Great Food, Great Prices and Great Friendly staff...a winning combination in my book..

As long as they keep serving great food with great smiles, jokes and conversation..I will continue to come back again again and again!!!

In July we took Noelle to our favorite IHOP's in Nashville and I usually get my usual Turkey Bacon, Wheat Toast and Egg Beaters (diet food) but I wanted something special and different. So, I opted to get their new Mixed Berry Brioche ( so did Tony, he enjoyed the same) and Noelle went for the Chocolate Chip pancakes (Chocolate on Chocolate) her favorite.

I want some Berry Brioche again!!! It was really good and I highly recommend it to all. If you want something good and sweet and different, try this great meal for breakfast

• Seniors

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Pancake Pantry: Always a Line for Heavenly Pancakes!

by TravellerMel Updated Oct 25, 2011

The Pancake Pantry

Billed as a Nashville Tradition, the Pancake Pantry has been on my "Nashville Bucket List" since I moved here in 2008. It's in the Hillsboro Village neighborhood, which is not close to me so by the time I think about it, I've already had breakfast. Every time I've passed by, there was a line to get in, which is usually a good sign. We finally went last weekend - the line wrapped around the corner. We timed it - just over an hour to get seated. But once we were seated, I could understand the appeal. The staff is very busy, but friendly, and ready with a suggestion if you ask.

Because of the location and proximity to Music Row, I've read about many celebrity sightings here, although I recognized no one during my visit (it was 11am on a Saturday, so I couldn't blame them...). It was very enjoyable, even with the long wait.

Favorite Dish: I was torn between the chocolate chip pancakes and the sugar & spice pancakes, finally opting for the latter. Oh. My. Goodness. They were wonderful! The cinnamon syrup was wonderful on top and the applesauce made for a nice switch-up. It was delicious! You get five pancakes (I managed to finish three...) I will definitely go back!

10/25/11 - I have now been back twice since the original review, both times with out-of-town guests, and they have been impressed. The last time, (10/21/11), the wait was only about 25 minutes. Food was wonderful, again!

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Waffle House: Southern Breakfast!! with Friendly Service

by gkitzmil Written Dec 28, 2010

Good ( bold) coffee, eggs, breakfast meat, hash brown potatoes or grits and, of course, waffles. Friendly service and smiles. This is NOT a fancy place.... just a place that provides the grits or potatoes with eggs that I would not have at home. Plus, the breakfast is at a VERY good price!

Favorite Dish: Scrambled Eggs and Potatoes.

• gover's Profile Photo

Pancake Pantry: Name says it all-order the pancakes

by gover Written Oct 28, 2010

There can be a long wait but we luckec out and got right in. Casual surroundings and not a place for a leisurely breakfast (someone is probably waiting for your table) but lots of great choices for pancakes.

Favorite Dish: I had the Pecan Pancakes and they were very good. If you like chocolate, their chocolate chip pancakes will more than satisfy. My sister found the country ham too salty to her taste.

• Pancake Pantry: Delicious Breakfast

by dwj75 Updated Feb 18, 2007

The pancakes and the omelets are the best! We were hesitant to go because we had read the service was bad, but we did not experience that. We were pleasantly surprised how good the service was and how quick we got our order since it was a Sunday morning and quite crowded. We enjoyed Pancake Pantry so much we went back the next morning before leaving for the airport. This time it was more relaxed and not quite as hectic and the breakfast was just as good as the day before. It was a perfect setting and atmosphere on a cold snowy morning!!

Favorite Dish: The ham and cheese omelet with a stack of buttermilk pancakes was my favorite, but my husband loved the hashbrowns and jalapeno omelet.

• Seniors
    • Business Travel

• horsinround2's Profile Photo

Pancake Pantry: Mmmmm Good!!!

by horsinround2 Updated Jan 26, 2005

Pancake Pantry

Excellent pancakes of pretty much any variety you can dream up. Casual, homelike atmosphere & very popular with the locals. If you arrive and there is a line out the door down the street and around the corner... hurry up & get in it! The wait won't be very long & breakfast will definately be worth it.

If you're a country music fan, keep your eyes open. Vince Gill, Kenny Chesney, and more love to eat here.

Favorite Dish: I had sweet potato pancakes with cinamon syrup - my mouth is watering just remembering them!!!

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Pancake Pantry

by Krumlovgirl Written Jan 12, 2005

Ahhh...the Pancake Pantry. Definitely a Nashville institution, the Pantry has been around forever. I remember back when it was just a little hole in the wall that seated about 50 people and the line ran around the building. Now that they have expanded and renovated, the line STILL runs around the building. But oh well. The prices are amazingly good and the service quick. It's also a loud, noisy place that seems to always be busy.

Favorite Dish: I have many favorite dishes at the Pantry. I love the crepes, pancakes stuffed with chocolate chips. I also like the Carribean Pancakes-stuffed with bananas and walnuts and topped with coconuts. The strawberry waffles are good, as are the apple n spice pancakes which come with warm applesauce and apple slices. You really can't go wrong. My mom likes the omlettes, making her the oddball.

• travelteacher's Profile Photo

Pancake Pantry: Great Breakfast and Celebrity Sightings

by travelteacher Written Jan 4, 2004

Pancake Pantry is the Original Pancake House (for those of you familiar with the ones in Southern California/Nevada) of Tennessee! Breakfast here is reasonably priced, big portions, and EVERYONE has to wait in line--including those famous Music City stars.

Favorite Dish: Sourdough Pancakes--hard to describe, but definitely worth the 20 minutes we had to stand in line!

Instant Answers: Nashville