Cafes, Nashville

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Music City Hard Rock Cafe

by TravellerMel Written Jan 11, 2008

Hard Rock Cafe Nashville

The Nashville Hard Rock Cafe is located in the site of Nashville's first brothel - a cool history in and of itself. The separate Rock Shop merchandise store on the corner still has the remnants of the original floor of the Silver Dollar Saloon. Always seems to be something going on here - live music from local and up-and-coming artists too.

Favorite Dish: Can't go wrong with the Classic Burger. I also love the nachos - enough for two!

• Music

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Pita Pit: Great Food!

by Yaqui Updated Sep 14, 2012

The Pita Pit has some really great food. You cannot beat having it made the way you like it. You get a choice of what topping you want and the prices were great. What is even better, it is healthy. This downtown located was very enjoyable, because we sat near the windows and ate our pita's and watched the world walk by.

Nutritional Facts, Pita Pit

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Music City Cafe~

by Yaqui Updated Sep 14, 2012

Located in the heart of the historic 'District' of downtown Nashville at the foot of Riverfront Park, it was establisheed in 1994, but revamped in December 2009. Hard Rock Cafe Nashville is one of the city’s premier dining and entertainment centers. The Cafe has more than 12,920 square feet of space, including a 378-seat restaurant, and a beautiful open air terrace overlooking the river and downtown. I've eaten at the one in Vegas, and I am sure this place will not disappoint you.

• doug48's Profile Photo

wild bill's beignets and bikes: cajun

by doug48 Written Sep 29, 2010

wild bill's beignets & bikes

wild bill's beignets and bikes is a very unique cafe style restaurant located downtown. a great place to have a beignet and coffee. they also serve new orleans style cajun cuisine. the cafe is decorated with custom made motorcycles that are hand made by the owner. a very interesring cafe to visit when in downtown nashville.

• Business Travel
    • Architecture

• grishaV1's Profile Photo

DaVinci´s and Mambu´s: Dining in A Unique Home-like Setting

by grishaV1 Updated Sep 14, 2005

Most of us are used to going to a restaurant in a building specially modified or made to be a restaurant, but Nashville have a number of very popular ones which were simply houses of persons made into a place for the public chic crowds to come and eat and enjoy themselves. During the day, they look like nothing more than an early 20century home, for example, but at night they come alive with neon light. These for example, DA VINCI´S and MAMBU are on Hayes Street, just off West End Avenue, almost standing room only. Reservations are accepted, parking is difficult, because its a narrow street with cars parking all along the avenue, extremely limited. One can come earlier, but of course, later is more crowded interesting. Hope you are lucky to get in.

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock of Nashville

by Rabbityama Written Apr 13, 2006

Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafes are popular restaurants all over the world, and for those who crave rock music in a city of country music, this is definitely a great place to go! The atmosphere is typical of all Hard Rock Cafes, with memorabilia everywhere! Some of the things located specifically in Nashville's Hard Rock Cafe include Madonna's black outfit from her "Take a Bow" video and movie Evita, various Beatles platinum records, a signed Johnny Cash guitar, Jimmy Hendrix's stars and stripes stage shirt worn throughout his 1970 tour, and many more! The food is typical of American Hard Rock Cafes, so it is very delicious, too! (you can download a menu from the hard rock cafe website I've listed below, prices not listed)

• Museum Visits
    • Music

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Wild Bill's Bikes and Beignets: Disappointing

by TravellerMel Written Sep 25, 2009

I really wanted to like this place - I saw "beignets" on the sign, and being a little homesick, I was very excited to find a little "home" in my new hometown. I ordered a small cafe au leit and an order of beignets. I cringed a little at $3.99 for two beignets, but as a treat, I didn't think it was too bad.

I got the coffee first - as I added the sugar, I see there are "things" floating on the top. It looked like the milk had curdled - two sips, and I realized I couldn't drink it.

The beignets were made to order, and arrived lightly dusted with powdered sugar. I know I am spoiled, but at New Orleans Cafe du Monde, there is at least an inch of powder on the top. When I bit into the beignet, it was heavy and tasted of butter. I ate them both, but it did not satisfy the craving I had developed when walking into the cafe. It probably wasn't BAD, just not what I expected from a beignet.

Bottom line - if you've never been to New Orleans, it might taste good. If you have had "real" beignets, you will not like these. I should know better...

• Nomad_2001's Profile Photo

We enjoyed a meal at the...

by Nomad_2001 Written Aug 25, 2002

We enjoyed a meal at the Rainforest Cafe at the Opry Mills (a shopping mall near the Opryland hotel). The food was really pretty good, although this restaurant seems to be sprouting up in more and more cities in the U.S. in the tradition of the Hard Rock Cafe.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Feb 3, 2014

they just recently opened a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville in Nashville on broadway street.

Favorite Dish: I have eaten there only once and don't have a true favorite yet. I got the French Onion burger and fries and Josh got the Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger with fries. With his soda and my tea, the bill was $27 after taxes.

• Beer Tasting

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Dunn Brothers Coffee: Dunn Brothers Coffee located downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I went here for lunch and I was pleasantly surprised..this is more than a coffee shop. They have baked goods, sandwiches, salads and soups..and flat bread pizza..I ordered the Harvest pizza and Garden Veggie soup..
    I took it back to the office and every one wanted to know where I got the food.
    So now they will be getting additional customers.

I will eat here again!!!

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• Rainforest Cafe: Dinner in the Jungle

by RonaaRoo Written Jun 1, 2004

Eating at Rainforest Cafe is always a good time. The decor of the resturant is amazing, with many Rainforest animals around. Every 15 minutes or so, some of the animals move and make noise, and every 30 minutes or so, there is a Thunderstorm. (Don't worry, no water involved) This is a very nice eating environment, and is one of the most entertaining places I've ever eaten.

Favorite Dish: Blue Mountain Chicken Sandwich. Wow. I can honestly say that this was one of the best meals I have ever had. The sandwich was absolutely amazing! You must try it!

• Cafe Coco: Had your fill of Waffle House?

by Sarahindia2002 Updated Jun 6, 2004

This place can get pretty crowded, but it is a great alternative for a late night meal if you aren't into Waffle House.

This place serves up sandwiches, salads, and burgers 24hrs a day.

Personally, I don't think the coffee is that great, but I like to get my fix off of Caramel Frappacinos from Starbucks. So those of you who are anti-Starbucks may enjoy it (If I were you I'd also hit up Bongo Java, famous for the nun bun that looks like Mother Theresa, and Fido, a subsidiary of Bongo Java)

It can get loud inside the main room with the music and ordering and all. I would suggest going outside for some quite or going to another room.

Also, the back porch houses concerts every once in a while.

• Study Abroad

• johnandlynclarke's Profile Photo

Rainforest: Kids would enjoy this restaurant!

by johnandlynclarke Written May 8, 2004
    Bedazzeled by the Rainforest Mascot

The food was ok, the service a little slow, but the draw is the decorations. The entire restaurant is in a jungle theme complete with moving animatronic animals, thunderstorms, and walking mascots. I was surprised at how well little kids tolerated all the noise and movement! The child at the next table was about 2 years old. Her expression upon being greeted by one of the mascots says it all!

Instant Answers: Nashville