Grills, Nashville

4 out of 5 stars 17 Reviews

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Sunset Grill

by Krumlovgirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

Here's a tip when eating at the top-end, trendy Sunset Grill: go after 9:00 pm. At that time they give out a special menu where almost all of the favorite dishes are marked down 60% or more. Anyway, this is definitely a place to see and be seen. It's a middle-marker for Belmont and Vandy students and I have seen many music industry people dining into the late hours of the night. The food isn't spectacular, but the atmosphere is charged and the staff pleasant.

Favorite Dish: I love their lasagne, which they occasionally make with white sauce. I also like their pot de creme, which they do not always have on their menu. They do often have the creme brulee, however and are one of the few places in town that know how to do it right. (The top "bruleed" part isn't as hard as a rock.)

• maryinutopia's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville: Excellent Fare and Great Atmosphere

by maryinutopia Written Aug 8, 2004

Now that's a guitar!

I've had several different dishes here and it was ALL GOOD! It's open late - my daughter and I made it here to eat after the Ricky Martin concert! I also grabbed a bite and cooled off on a hot summer day with my friend, Jeroen, who is from the Netherlands. I also collect the little beanie baby bears for my grandchildren.

• grishaV1's Profile Photo

The Hard Rock Cafés and More: A Few In the Downtown Area For Choice

by grishaV1 Updated Sep 14, 2005

Hard Rock Café-Nashville always has people standing out in front, but I have never been inspired to go in though its popular place around the world. With so many other very unique places to eat, I would always choose some where else, but they are located at 100 Broadway 615-742-9900, basically open 11am-10pm Sun through Thursday, then until 12am on Friday and saturdays. If you want memoribilia T-shirts, mugs, glasses, etc. you can visit there shops inside. That might be the only reason I would go. Oh well, they give a good coupon from most local hotels, with presenting a special card you receive a free souvenir with any $20 purchase inside, dinner/lunch or other items. This place is also having a good location in that it is very near the stadium for Nashville football team, with lots of big screen TV´s inside to watch a game and tailgate if you want.

Also in the immediate area for different choices for dinner, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Ichiban Japanese Restaurant, The Wild Horse Saloon, which is like combination place to get something to eat, entertain and souvenir place, El Rey Mexican Restaurant, Sbarro´s Italian Eatery, and many more. Its an walking area, with much to see, people, restaurants, bars and lounges. In the day, it is many people all around, and at night it come alive with neon.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Cross Corner Bar & Grill: Titan's Play HERE!

by TravellerMel Written Nov 23, 2008

A nice little sports bar - non-smoking (thank goodness). Several TVs, one big screen - and they play the Titans games! An enthusiastic crowd was gathered today to watch the Titan's defeat. The establishment served free Jello shots when the Titan's score a touchdown!

Food seems to be standard bar fare - as such, everything was "OK". Not great, not terrible, just OK. The portions are good, the prices are reasonable. In all, it's a good place to watch the game, but I don't think I would come here to hang out...

Favorite Dish: The chicken tenders were tasty, and I liked the stuffed potato skins. The nachos were plentiful, but tasted like they had been warmed over.

• Cheeseburger Charlie's: Make your own cheeseburger!

by jinkoe Written Feb 28, 2006

Cheeseburger Charlie's is the classic burger joint. It's a bustling little place that floors the senses upon entry. The smells of a backyard BBQ, the action, the commotion, it's everything desired of a place that wants to take one step above the typical fast-food burger places.

The employees take your name, adding to the feel of a backyard BBQ, calling you when your "personally made" meal is finished. It's a great touch.

Also, all the condiments are available to the customers. There are large containers of everything a burger can hold - peppers, lettuce, onions, pickles, etc. It's just like getting the burger from the family grill, and grabbing whatever desired from the picnic table sitting next to the horseshoe pit.

Favorite Dish: Obviously, the best meal to get at Cheeseburger Charlie's is the cheeseburger. Get the half-pounder; it's an easy choice. Grilled to perfection, seared over an open flame, you even get the smoky taste and the melted cheese like at home.

• Small_World's Profile Photo

Old Hickory Steakhouse: How the Other Half Lives

by Small_World Written Feb 1, 2006

Amazing food. Makes me hungry just to think about it. Although the place is too cost prohibitive for me on my current budget, I would love being able to splurge here. The steak alone, which was 12 oz, was forty dollars. If you want anything else to eat, such as salad, veggies, etc., you have to order it extra.

However, the chef gave started us off with a complimentary teeny-tiny open faced roast beef sandwich (which would have been perfect for the average liliputian), and although it was small, it was divine. ::sigh:: if only I could be satisfied with a square inch of food...

Favorite Dish: New York Strip. Perfectly prepared.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• countryfan1223's Profile Photo

Cock of the Walk: Good Ole Southern Restaurant!

by countryfan1223 Written Jun 17, 2007

Cock of the Walk has 2 levels and is located on Music Valley Drive & a good ole southern restaurant with the hospitality to go with it. The menu is only one page with fried or broiled dinner selections but you get alot of food. The selections are uner $13 and include: Catfish, Shrimp or Chicken served on tin plates or there is a sample if you want to try all 3. Each meal comes with skillet corn bread which the server will flip up in the air in front of you! Most of them are caught! Also included are hushpuppies, french fries, cole slaw & pickled onions with each meal. These onions are delicious! Beverages get served in tin cups & the utensils are in a tin bucket on the table. You do not need reservations and they are opened every evening. We have always had great service & great food. Downstairs is a huge rocking chair & the tables & chairs are all wooden.

Favorite Dish: Pickled onions- so tasty
    Skillet corn bread- they flip it right in front of you

• Singles

• ani10881's Profile Photo

Alleycat Lounge + Tex Mex Grill: Laidback and tasty

by ani10881 Updated Jul 7, 2007

I just borrowed this from my Yelp.com review ;)

This is a casual, but kickass place to get good food @ a decent price. I can't vouch for drink prices, as I'm almost always just an innocent bystander. Alleycat is nice for their veggie options, although there are quite a few meaty meals on the menu.

There's a nice outdoor patio area, where we always sit @. It may be more kid friendly/amenable than the inside area, which gets bit dark in the eveningtime. The patio is complete w/ strung-up christmas lights and wrought-iron(?) chairs, which actually aren't too un comfortable to sit in.

Favorite Dish: I always come here for the fried avocado (Everyone seems to be in agreement for how great these are!), and my friends fill up on PBR.

• countryfan1223's Profile Photo

Demos' Steak & Spagetti House: Wonderful service and even better food!

by countryfan1223 Written Jun 17, 2007

Demos is in downtown Nashville & has a variety with it's menu consisting from steaks, salads & spaghetti to seafood and Mexican specialities. There is a lunch menu from 11am- 3pm M-Fri and a children's menu. You can also get mushrooms & shrimp cocktail as an appetizer also. There are also sandwiches & different pastas. Spaghetti can be ordered in a variety of 10 sauces including clam, alfredo, chili and seafood. There is also a combination sampler if you can't decide. Stuffed potatoes can have seafood & blackened chicken.
    The staff has always been fast & friendly when we have been here. It looks small from the outside but has different seating sections. Prices range from $5 to $16. We ate there twice in a week in June after I suggested it to my family. They liked it so much they wanted to est there again the 3rd day!

Favorite Dish: We always get the cheese toast for an appetizer.

• Singles
    • Seniors

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Jack's BBQ: Jacks BBQ.....nothing to brag about

by sabogg01 Written Apr 15, 2009

I had read rave reviews about Jacks on both Trip Advisor and Virtual Tourist. It was even featured on Food Network. I was not impressed. Perhaps I caught it on an off day. I was not really expecting paper plates and plastic utensils, but that is not a huge deal. I can live with that. I was also not expecting pulled chicken...but actual piece of chicken so i was disappointed. I can name at least 3 BBQ places right off the top of my head that had better tasting BBQ sauce and food.
    The cook/server was VERY rude. I am short so when I approached the glass counter area I moved the huge stack of plates over so he could hear me better....otherwise he would not have been able to see me. He grabbed the things out of my hand and pulled them back over and said he did not want to see my face. Then he turned to the guy he was working with and continued to mumble and whisper about me. Then he proceeds to ask me what my problem is (Apparently he had been joking but i didn't find it funny) Then he asked me if I was having a good day and I did respond that I had been until I came into this establishment....he then told me that if I had a problem with the way they did business that I could leave!! Had I not been waiting in line for so long and had been starving I would have. OH and they asked how much we planned on tipping them. NOTHING. They did not do anything for me, it was get your own plates, get your own drinks, and I was insulted, that does not earn a tip. I will NOT go back! Overpriced for what you get.

Favorite Dish: I try potato salad from every BBQ restaurant and I must say that the potato salad here was very good.

• sargentjeff's Profile Photo

The Prime Cut: The Prime Cut

by sargentjeff Written Aug 26, 2002

You actually get to cook your own steak on a huge grill. First you pick out your cut of meat from a big refrigerator, then you take it over and cook it just how you like. Be wary, the steaks are huge. I've never been so full in my entire life, as when I ate here. The baked potatoes are as big as melons.

Favorite Dish: Steaks

• Valhalla11's Profile Photo

HARD ROCK CAFE This was the...

by Valhalla11 Written Aug 25, 2002

HARD ROCK CAFE This was the first Hard Rock Cafe that I had been to and it was all I expected. I remember the food was pretty good and reasonably priced. Fortunately, we didn't wait too long to be seated and served.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Fat Boys BBQ: Fat Boys BBQ - Antioch

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I was on one of our drives and we had noticed this BBQ place before, so we decided to stop and check it out. The Big Pink Pig outside was a real draw to the restaurant for ME anyway..and the smoker outside giving off a Savory Smokey Aroma was the hook that reeled us in.

We went inside and it was really large and HODGE PODGE decor..which had a real homey feel about it. We opted to take the food home and eat, we do that a lot, but it was nice inside and clean..if we weren't so tired from our drive, we might have ate there, but decided not too.

We ordered the Smokey Brisket Dinner with sides, and then we ordered some BBQ Ribs with some sides. The food was really good. We also got some samples of their different sauces, the Cole slaw was really good and so was the baked beans. Tony enjoyed the mac n cheese, it was really cheesy and tasted home made. The cole slaw ws definitely home made. and enjoyed it a lot.

I would eat here again. We liked the food. We like to try different restaurants, and there are so many to choose from in Nashville. So, we might eat there again. I enjoyed it a lot and highly recommend it so others.

I hope someone likes my review..I try to share as much as possible.
    We ate here in August 2012.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Lizzi's Bar and Grille: Lizzi's Bar and Grille

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 16, 2014

I am going to have to give this restaurant and bar a 5 star rating..It was our first visit there on Tuesday Feb 11, 2014 and we arrived about 2:30 for a very late lunch..We had been out running errands and going to appointments and were a little hungry. So, we stopped in...
    It was a large area in much need of a REVAMP on interior decor and appeal. It was slightly empty, with booths down the walls and tables in the middle..Carpet has seen a better day...No one to greet us, but some regulars said..."Sit down, they will be with you soon"..so we chose a booth.
    A bit later (about 2 minutes or less) an older gentleman came over with menus and our drink order..I ordered a soda and Tony a Bud Light (only three choices in Draft).
    We looked over the menu and it is large..a big selection and the prices VERY reasonable..
    Tony chose a Mushroom and Onion Burger with Swiss Cheese and a garlic aioli sauce and french fries..I ordered the Cajun Shrimp sandwich with a vinegar slaw topping and a spicy cocktail sauce with french fries.
    Of course we split the sandwiches so we could try both..and we were very pleased with both sandwiches...
    No complaints...actually the BEST MUSHROOM BURGER I have had in Nashville. I am not much of a burger person so I was very pleased with this sandwich and would definitely do again. The Cajun Shrimp sandwich was great...loved the slaw vinegar mix on the sandwich with the spicy sauce..just not spicy enough for me..but hey there is hot sauce on the table for that..
    The fries nice and thick steak fries with Heinz Ketchup...great fries..
    I would definitely eat here again!!!

There is pool table if you would like to partake!!!

• Beer Tasting
    • Seniors

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Merchants Restaurant: Good Bistro on Broadway

by charlenemixa Written Jun 2, 2014

Arriving in Nashville we walked to Broadway and located Merchants based on TripAdvisor reviews. While they have an upstairs dining room we opted for the bistro and outdoor seating. The seating is nice basically in an alley but has plastic siding and a tent cover. We enjoyed dining and looking out onto the Glitz and activities of Broadway- the happening street in downtown. I went with the grilled salmon salad and my husband really enjoyed the Fish Tacos. A good restaurant with good service.

Instant Answers: Nashville