International, Nashville

4 out of 5 stars 41 Reviews

Ginger Thai: Ginger Thai

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Jun 18, 2014

Wednesday June 18th, Noel and I were both off today. So we went shopping for some much needed items for her new job..she has to wear business attire so we went to get her some new clothing for work and some new shoes. Tony stayed home to watch the kittens and Sammy, so we enjoyed a new adventure for lunch. We both are very adventuresome and we wanted to try some new cuisine...so we decided on Thai..so we stopped at "Ginger Thai" on Thompson Lane about a 1 mile from the home. I opted for "Chicken Thai Pad" something like that...lol!!! It's a rice noodle dish with bean sprouts, corn, chicken, cilantro and thai spices..she asked me if I wanted spicy, regular or authenic thai spicy..I said give me authenic thai spicy...she said "REALLY"..and I said YES ..she said "YOU SURE?"..I said..oh yeah I like spicy..Noel went with a PHO Soup with wide rice noodles, chicken and pork with spices..very yummy...when they brought the large bowl of soup we were like "OMG"...this Very Large...but it was EXTREMELY good..it all was.. We both went with sodas and ordered some Fresh Spring Rolls with shrimp and raw veggies, cilantro and lemongrass...very good with a sweet plum duck sauce..very good!!! Noel and I really enjoyed the food so much but the portions were so large, we had to bring it home...Leftovers for Dinner...it was very reasonable..$25 with taxes plus tip...awesome food, awesome service..we will definitely be back..I am so glad our First Thai experience was a GREAT ONE !!!
    I am so glad I read the Yelp reviews before I decided on one..

Nashville Street Tacos: Nashville Street Tacos

by butterflykizzez04 Written Jun 12, 2014

Okay I was so excited about a new taco place downtown ever since SACO left downtown location and closed... I am a taco lover.... especially authentic hispanic tacos that I get at the food trucks throughout town...
    The inside....gorgeous....they spent some serious pecos on the renovation... but well done.. Beautiful..Love Love Love the interior..

Service was fast.. it was 11:30 and no one really in there....I was a little surprised... bet they were swamped last week during CMA week....location is awesome!

The employees were friendly and patient while I made my decision. I decided on 2 street tacos.. one beef and one chicken....I told them do typical or standard toppings.... well they are a little sparse with the cheese, onions, cilantro and tons of cabbage....too much cabbage...

CON: one size drink cups over priced....and wish they were Styrofoam... better for ice retaining... too costly for the drinks...

CON: just not crazy about the flavor of the meat and seasoning.. sort of bland..

Pico is good and love the salsa choices... I will definitely try again before I rule them out...

InterAsian Market & Deli: InterAsian Market & Deli

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 2, 2014

I am a fan!!
    I read some reviews and thought.." I want to have my very first Banh Mi from this location!!!" I have been wanting to try one and after reading the reviews, this is where I wanted to go..so after work I stopped here. I had written down a few things from the review I wanted to try..
    so when I arrived I went to the man at the counter..he is the owner I learned and very friendly..I showed him the paper and he asked me how many and I told him only one..it was my first banh mi sandwich and he asked me how did I hear about his sandwiches and I told him on YELP..he smiled and showed me a copy of Food and Wine magazine..
    I also bought some fresh veggies...and it was only $4.50 for everything with taxes..I will definitely go back. he has his spring rolls on friday, saturday and sunday and I wanted to try them also..I can't wait to go back.

thanks for the great reviews that led me to this great market. It is very clean compared to some others I have been in. I will definitely go back...

Fogatas: Fogatas

by butterflykizzez04 Written Mar 10, 2014

March 5th, I had lunch alone at Fogatas in Nashville. Very large inside. Actually bigger than it looks from the outside. I was in the area waiting for my prescription at Kroger's to be ready and thought..hmmm..I am going to try somewhere new..so I pulled into the shopping center across the road from Kroger's..located on the other side of Lowe's..
    I went inside about 1:00 pm on Tuesday afternoon. It was a little busy but not bad. I was greeted immediately and seated. A gentleman brought to the table some chips and a bowl for the salsa.. a little later a waitress approached with three different salsas for my table. The normal red salsa, a bottle of green salsa (salsa verde) and then a brownish green salsa..the green (verde) was the hottest and for me the BEST..

I ordered the lunch combo number #10..it was a beef taco, and beef burrito served with beans and rice, cheese sauce over the burrito with some lettuce and cheese..very good.
    I was very pleased with my meal. It was rather large but NOT too big to eat, but was very filling..I went out feeling stuffed...and it was really good. I am going to say NOT THE BEST I have eaten but very good. I would go here again..I still haven't found the place that blows my socks off yet..but I would definitely eat here again!!!

Las Palmas Mexican Grille: Las Palmas Mexican Grille

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 26, 2014

Tony and I went here for dinner. I was excited. I love Mexican food and I love trying new restaurants but it was just OKAY...nothing special.
    I wouldn't recommend it and I wouldn't go here again.
    But, we didn't get ill or die...lol !!!

La Terraza: La Terraza

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

We went to "La Terraza" one day before going to the grocery store. It is located on Nolensville Pike Rd in the Old Hickory Shopping Center between Kroger's and Babies R'Us..
    We had never been here before and I didn't read any reviews before we went..so we were winging it. It turned out pretty good. The restaurant is large and clean. The workers although hispanic (of course hence Mexican cuisine) spoke GREAT english..the salsa was FAB...I could drink the stuff or run it through my veins...LOVED IT.
    We ordered our food and it was delivered very quickly and it was Very good. We would definitely go back again. We both recommend it totally to anyone. Give it a chance!!!

on 11-02-2012
    we REvisited the La Terraza restaurant for dinner. It was about 6pm , on a Friday night and we were the only patrons..my hubby got worried and said "you should have checked Yelp first"...lol !!!
    The interior has had a new revamp, with new chairs and better lighting to make it look brighter and cleaner..the bathrooms was horrible.
    I ordered the Burrito Terraza..it was so salty and I got sick almost immediately 1/2 way before I was finished. My hubby got the Burrito Mexicano, it was a pork burrito with NO SIDES...so he thought the description included beans and rice, but the waitress said NO..lol!!!
    It was good he had no complaints. I got out to the parking lot and got sick again!! and then at Walmart I got ill twice..hummmmmm.....I won't be eating there again!!!

Camino Real: Camino Real - Antioch

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Well I have been so disappointed lately while eating out..seems like nothing is WoWing me...Tonight we opted to eat Mexican and to try a place we have never been to before, so we had over towards Hickory Hollow area to try out Camino Real.
    It is a large restaurant with tons of parking. The inside is typical Spanish design..so we thought it would be good to try out.

We were greeted immediately by the host, and seated. Our waitress came quickly and took our order. We had a soda and Bud Draft (light really, but I didn't tell him and he couldn't tell the difference)
    The Happy Hour special was Bud Light, Miller Light for only $1.25 per draft..so he got the Bud Light..( 2 of them ...) and he ordered the Seafood Combo..Fish and shrimp with rice and steamed veggies...didn't know it until it arrived but it was sparse like a diet plate...and my man was NOT happy with it...
    They serve him Ranch dressing instead of Tarter sauce and lime wedges...and I opted for the Burrito Real, beef with rice and beans on the side...topped with lettuce cheese and sour cream I ordered side of Pico sauce..I needed some spice..the salsa was good but NOT THE BEST...

Well the dinner was $32 with taxes and then we left her a $5 tip...It was New Years Eve and we were there about 6pm..I would go again, but NOT on purpose...to many places to choose in Nashville to return to a MEDIUM Restaurant...I give them only 3 stars...but you be the judge!!!!

Capital Asian Buffet: Capital Asian Buffet

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Okay Okay, I started my diet today with the Weight Watchers 360 point system and Yes I am eating out...and a buffet at that!!!! Am I asking for punishment and pain???
    Tony hadn't had any lunch so he was starving, so we opted to try the Capital Asian Buffet near our home. On Fridays, the price is only $6.99 per person. And there is so much to choose from!!
    They have fresh sushi, and a raw bar where you can have them cook it fresh for you !!!
    There are about 8 bars total and plenty of seating everywhere. The wait staff is friendly and courteous ..and they speak English very well and they are so friendly!!!
    I opted to be healthy and grab my smartphone. The app helps me figure out the point system, so I can choose wisely. I choose Shrimp (non fried) in a jalapeno style sauce with fresh jalapenos, I took a scoop of rice and tong full of noodles. I choose some broccoli and carrots and cabbage and applied some spicy sauce ...a total of 4 points...Awesome.!!!
    I drank the unsweetened tea with lemon..
    Now Tony, on the other hand he tried several plate fulls of the wonderful food!! It is the most clean buffet setting I have ever enjoyed. The food was wonderful and next Friday, the waitress said they would add more seafood including Crab Legs for the same price of $6.99 per person on Friday!! That is an awesome deal!!!

I would definitely eat here again! The food was terrific! Not only was the aroma inviting but the visual effect of the different dishes were more than appealing..It was very rough be there on a diet...but hey it worked!! I got full, I enjoyed my meal, and stayed within my point system for my diet...so IT WAS A GREAT CHOICE!!! and we will definitely eat here again!!!

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

P. S. Noodle Pot: P. S. Noodle Pot - Antioch area

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I went to the "PS Noodle Pot" after the movie...it was a great dinner!!!
    We have never been there before and it was a nice treat. This was a first "Thai" food experience and it was really good. The restaurant was very clean! I really expected something else...and it was very nice!!!

We entered the small restaurant that is actually larger once you get inside. About a dozen tables and additional seating at the bar..The lighting was dim and there was a television or two on the walls. There was only about three people working but the place wasn't that crowded. The waitress told us to sit anywhere we would like and we chose a seat up front near the door so Tony could watch the closest television..but no sports..She asked us for our drink order and I ordered unsweetened tea with lemon and Tony ordered a Budweiser and she said "NO BUDWEISER...Coors light" he said do you have anything else..she said "No anything else, just Coors Light"..so he said Okay Coors Light it is...and we laughed..

We looked over the menu and noticed several people coming and and leaving with orders for takeout..so they have a large takeout crowd but only a few patrons inside..We ordered the " Spicy Chicken Hawaiian Fried Rice " dish but had them replace the fried rice with Rice Noodles (healthier and less points) full of veggies and pineapples and chicken meat. Then we also ordered a side order of the "Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls"...very good!!! Great alternative to the deep fried Spring Rolls or Egg Rolls, so I was very pleased...

It was the first time I had the fresh spring rolls but it was very good. It had tons of veggies rolled up into the Rice Paper with a few small pieces of whole raw shrimp..you could taste the cabbage and bok choy..but it was very good. There was a sugary lemon sauce for dipping..we thought it was pineapple or mango but she said lemon and it was very good, I drizzled mine into my fresh spring rolls like a dressing and ate mine with a fork..Very good. I could eat these over and over again!!!

They brought the dish for us to share and she said...NOT big enough for two..I said...Oh Yes plenty big enough..it was huge..we both ate from the dish and still had a huge amount of take home for tomorrows lunch for us both...lol !!!
    It was very good. Next time I want to order it in Shrimp instead of Chicken to make it more healthier for myself and less points..but I highly recommend it. I can't wait to go back again and try something else....
    If you get a chance to check out this restaurant off Bell Road in the Antioch area you really should. It is located in the Strip Mall near the "Thirsty Turtle"...check them out and get your "THAI" on !!!!
    With the drinks, food and taxes and tips...$25 not bad!!!!

Casa Fiesta: Casa Fiesta - Antioch area

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Tony and I decided to go out for some dinner for Valentine's Day, we had been wanting to try this restaurant "CASA FIESTA" and it is really big inside. We noticed that it is always busy, so we both agreed to give this one a try.

We were greeted immediately. It was about 4pm. The waitress took us immediately to a nice spacious booth, near plenty of televisions to watch. She took our drink order immediately. Tony ordered a Budweiser in a bottle and I ordered my usual Unsweetened Tea with lemon/lime..and she brought us some wonderful Corn Tortillas and very hot Salsa..it was really good.

Tony and I checked out the menu to decide what we wanted to eat. He opted for the T;Bone Steak, with a salad, rice and beans with flour tortillas. It was very good. I ordered the Steak tacos on flour tortillas (2 but I only ate 1) with a side of rice and beans with lettuce, pico and guac. it was really good!!!
    I got really full so I had to get a doggie bag to bring the rest home..it will be my lunch tomorrow...

Tony decided to get a Big Boy Draft Beer ( Budweiser Light) and it was really large for only $4.50..a really good deal since the bottle beer was $3.25..and the Big Boy XX L Draft was about 32 or 36oz..He didn't mind the Light, he would prefer Budweiser Regular..but hey a beer draft that large is a great deal... The entire decor was very fiesta and vibrant. I loved it. I loved all of the bright vivid colors, and the tile work. I would definitely go here again!! The food was really great and the prices were awesome. Tony's T'Bone meal was only $10.50 and mine meal was only $8.99 the entire ticket was $33 with taxes and $40 with the tip..Our waitress was awesome, she buzzed around like a fast little bumble bee...she was good, she was fast and she kept up with all of her tables and customers.
    I enjoyed our Valentine's Dinner..

I recommend this restaurant to anyone !!! and Everyone !!!

Dynasty Super Buffet: Dynasty Super Buffet

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Tony and I decided after a long day at work to stop in for some Dynasty Super Buffet...we love Chinese food.
    Great price...but no alcohol served.

We both had the buffet, and sodas...with taxes $20.50
    The food was wonderful.

Taqueria San Luis: Taqueria San Luis

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Killer Tacos...I love the Tacos here!!
    I am so huge into the corn tortillas with the beef and cilantro with lime slices and then the salsa verde on the side...Not your typical Taco Bell Mexican Fast Food !!!
    They need to teach Taco Bell a few things about heading for the border !!! GREAT food!!!
    and cheap!!!
    Great food on a budget!! Order anything, you can't go wrong !!!

Kouzina Cafe Gyros: Kouzina Cafe Gyros

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I love trying new restaurants and Tony and I noticed this new Restaurant a few weeks ago, and we thought
    "Why NOT"...so we wanted to try them out. When I went inside to get the food to go, I explained to the two men behind the counter it was my first visit to their new establishment. I found out they were serving Greek Food so I explained I don't order Greek Food very often so I wasn't sure what to order and asked for suggestions.

I ended up ordering their version of a Philly Sub but in a Gyro wrap served with two salads and then a Combo plate with 2 salads, rice and Lamb gyro..so Tony and I could split them. It was smelled very good. I placed our order to go so we could go home and enjoy and share. He added Cucumber Sauce on the side so we could have extra.

Well we enjoyed the food. I loved the salads and I loved the lamb. It was so tender! The cucumber sauce was very good and sort of thick like yogurt/ feta mixture. I loved it !!!
    I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!! If you get a chance to go here, its a must !! I will be honest I am not an expert on Greek Food but it was good to me!

Baja Burrito: Baja Burrito

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Friday April 26th, around noon!!!
    For the past 3 years I've driven by this restaurant near the 100 Oaks Shopping Mall nearly 100 times or more and every time thinking..I need to try that restaurant sometime..so today was the sometime!!! I was in the area running errands and decided to check it out. I was alone, Tony was off doing whatever he does when we aren't together..So, I opted to turn into the crowded parking lot thinking "WHY NOT?"
    I wasn't sure what to expect and I knew it was PEAK eating time for most Nashville foodies so I knew to be open minded especially when I saw the CRAM PACKED Parking lot...The outside eating area was large and slightly empty so I thought maybe everyone was at a neighboring eatery..so I went in being optimistic and excited!!!
    OMG..it was jammed packed in there!! All the tables were smushed together on one side of the room (the outside patio looked bigger than the inside area assigned to eating) and there were people moving here and there and lined up and almost out the door..As the line moved fairly quickly ( about 15 minutes from start to finish for me anyway) the line was growing ever increasingly out the door and spilling into the parking lot..so this must be GREAT FOOD RIGHT???? I was excited!!!
    While waiting in the line you can glance over the menu that is hanging overhead on the wall, so by the time you get there, you should be ready to order. When it was my turn, the guy behind the dividing wall said Burrito or Taco,I answered Burrito, he said Regular or Large...humm...Large? and then he said..Flour, wheat, spinach or chipotle ...Chipotle? he heated it quickly and passed to the next worker...What protein? Steak!!! then she asked rice? I said Yes and she said beans? Yes please..black or pinto...Black !!! then she wanted to know what sauces I wanted...I said spicy..then it went to the next person in the line...wanting to know my toppings..I opted for cheese, onions tomatoes, jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole and then she wrapped the huge burrito tight, and asked Combo? I said yes for $1.95 they added some chips, a bowl for salsa and a coke for soda..
    Then they hand you the basket and you wait for the cashier...less than $10 not bad....then you make your way for a salsa choice, and I opted for the Habanero Pineapple salsa which was sweet and spicy..got my drink, and condiments and now to find a table.. I felt that small pit in my stomach that you feel when your in jr high at the cafeteria scanning the room for a smiling face to set near ....and no one looks up...ugh!!!
    Now to find a seat, so I thought to myself, ignore the growing pit in my stomach and smush into a seat at a table with strangers and smile...which I did...
    The food was good. The seating was uncomfortable and the room was small, crowded and elbow to elbow...not a good feeling...
    The food was okay, not the best...reminded me of a " MOE"S"...but not as expensive and not as roomy as MOES dining area...lol !!!! But it was good! I didn't eat everything..I was full fast..not sure if it was the large burrito or the growing pit of uncomfortable seating arrangements...but I finished and threw away my trash. I guess I would go again, but eat outside and bring Tony with me...and go small the burrito was way too big for me!!!
    I recommend this Burrito Joint, but Don't go at lunch time..Not sure when there NON PEAK time is...but you might want to make sure you have a little elbow room to eat!!!

Carniceria San Luis: Carniceria San Luis

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Great food!! We are from West Virginia and please don't take this as racial but we call this "Mexican Chicken" Spot.. we drive by here every day and there is one man arming 2 or 3 Grills ...grilling chicken and making the area smell ....Delicious!!!

When you try to park, be careful it is always full and busy and especially on the weekends or evenings if the weather is good. People are parked every where walking around in the parking lot with kids...so be on guard !!!
    There is a a couple hispanic men making "Mexican Hamburgers" and they are grilling the large meat patties extra big and thick..and then making a delicious burger that smells heavenly !!!
    Inside there are different smells and tons of people moving around ordering the meats from the butcher behind the glass showcases. The man or lady at the counter is ringing up the chicken dinners that are being grilled outside..Great chicken !!
    Highly recommend this chicken to anyone!!!

I love getting the whole chicken meal..it arrives with Corn Tortillas, grilled onions, a great salsa Verde and a soup with meats including wieners. and beans..very good!!! This meal feeds two easily and only cost with taxes less than $12...GREAT FOOD!!!
    even if not on a budget, Great FOOD !!!

Tony and I decided to try their Tamales ..they were out of beef so we had to get the chicken..I had never ordered these before so I didn't realize how LARGE they were..so I ordered two..one for each of us...
    They are very good!!!

I enjoyed the food and I want to try it in the Beef version..the chicken had bones inside so be careful if you order this for a meal. I highly recommend it. I would eat this again..it is very pastry doughy and the chicken is very spicy..cooked in a verde mix..but very good..wrapped in some leaves when you first buy it..

ONE is sharable..definitely enough for 2 or 3 people unless you are extremely hungry..it took me two days to eat mine...lol !!!

Instant Answers: Nashville