Italian, Nashville

4.5 out of 5 stars 14 Reviews

• Italian
    by TravellerMel
    Dine inside the streetcar!
  • Salad with Pesto dressing & fresh hot bread
    Salad with Pesto dressing & fresh hot...

Music City Pizza: Music City Pizza near Vanderbilt

by butterflykizzez04 Updated May 9, 2014

OMG!!! I was so disappointed!!!
    I had been looking forward to trying this Pizza Establishment...
    I had been seeing a few ads in the "Nashville Magazine" so I wanted to try it..

We finally agreed to try it on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. We arrived around 1:30 in the afternoon prepared for a crowd...we parked in an empty lot across the street and walked in to the building..2 people at the bar area...and then the owner at a table with three people ( I am assuming they used to own the property) since they talked loudly and long about how the building used to look before it was refurbished as the Pizza joint.

The interior is nice!! I like the Gold and Black color them and it is open and bright. The chairs are a little Cheap looking compared to the feel he is trying to put out. He is going for an upscale high dollar look...the light fixtures nice and the black table clothes a nice touch...but the chairs...they don't fit with the rest of the room other than the wood grain matches..I love the big black comfy booth....we sat there..only ONE sorry!!! ONLY one tv also!!! so if you want to watch sports...don't go here!!!

I do like the menu!!
    The design is gorgeous!!
    But there is not much of a choice...We opted for the Disco Ball Pizza..it was good!!
    Not the best pizza in the world..
    The sausage on the Pizza was pretty good but there was no sauce on it..it was so darn dry...we had to order extra sauce on the side.
    The waitress was very nice!!

We sit near the owner apparently and he kept talking about his life here in Nashville. His penthouse in Germantown...how he wanted closer to Broadway but couldn't find anything. He was very vocal and very loud!!
    LOL !!! But he likes Jazz music!!!
    That's a good thing!

I will not be going back here! It was just not "the best pizza" in Nashville ..

Thursday, May 8, 2014, Tony and I went into the MCP to kill some time waiting for our YELP event to begin across the street at Anthem. I have to admit, the aroma was so overwhelming..I had to get some pizza.

We sit down at a table and was greeted immediately by the waiter. We ordered a PBR and a soda..then we ordered a slice each of Pepperoni...and OMG..it was so good. I have to admit I was hungry. Hadn't had much earlier, so I wanted,, no I needed that pizza..and OMG..it was delicious...

I have to admit it was really good and the slice was large. The cheese was so gooey and the pepperoni was really good. I actually could have eaten another slice easily but I had to leave for my event at Anthem. I will definitely go back here soon.

Great job to the cooks in the KITCHEN...great great job !!!

Little Chicago: Little Chicago - Vanderbilt Area

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Feb 4, 2014

This is my favorite pizza in all of Nashville!!! I love their deep dish pizza and the sauce is Awesome!!!! Tony and I love this place..if you want a really good PIZZA...Little Chicago is the place to be !!!
    We actually went down there to watch the Cupid's Undie Run starting at Tin Roof next door but we were too early for that but we wanted the GREAT GOODNESS of Cheesy Tomato Deep Dish Pizza ...we ordered a small classic ...umm ummm good!!
    While we were waiting we struck up a conversation with two ladies dressed in pink and red for the run (2 hrs away) they ordered the Turkey Burgers, and enjoyed them...not me though, I come for the GREAT PIZZA..I know I am on a diet, but it is worth the points that I have to give up...it is worth it!!!
    Just talking about it, I want more!!!!

My hubby and I opted to try a new restaurant for lunch today on my day off. So, we stopped at "Little Chicago", we were actually considering going to "Red Rooster" but the awesome aromas from "Little Chicago" whoa'ed us in...We arrived about 1:45pm so there was no lunch crowd, a few patrons ending their meals..The building is small, a few tables on patio out front and inside an alley way of tables on each side of the rows, while you walk up the middle, roughly about 8-9 on each side of the row..with a small bar like area at end, then the restrooms, and then on to the kitchen.
    Not, highly decorated but some lovely city views of Chicago on the walls, basic tables with normal amenities..nothing "Wowing or Banging" but clean..went to the restrooms and they were clean as well.

A very nice waiter greeted us promptly and took our drink order..My hubby wanted a BUDWEISER, but their domestic list includes Bud Lite, Miller Lite and Coors Light only..and then some imports...and Yahoo on draft..so Tony ordered a Bud Lite, and I ordered my usual Unsweetened tea with lemon (no lime...but not a deal breaker)..the waiter returned promptly apologizing that they were out of Bud Lite, so Tony being a sport about it (normally would want to leave immediately) took a Coors Light (2 actually...happy hour special..buy one get one 1/2 price)..

We ordered a small Greek Salad and a Small Deep Dish Supreme Pizza adding Jalapenos and extra tomato sauce (they didn't charge me for this by the way) We opted to get up and go to the outside patio (no one was there) so Tony opted to smoke and they brought him an ashtray..Waiter brought the Salad with two sets of silverware (metal and clean) and we shared the Greek Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing...it was AWESOME..not too much..just enough to share and it was very good. The Vinaigrette was very strong and very good !!! We loved it..

The music playing in the background was some really nice relaxing Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ray Charles, etc...very nice music setting.!!!!

Pizza Perfect: Pizza Perfect near Vanderbilt University

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Okay, this is my fourth or fifth time eating here since I discovered the BEST Pizza in Nashville in May of this year..yes ONLY about 3 months and I am convinced there is NOTHING better in the area...My daughter and her friend came for the a few months and I had to introduce them to my favorite Pizzeria in Nashville...and like myself they know that they have enjoyed the best!!!

I have also discovered a new way of enjoying their delicious Pizza Pie..when I work on Saturdays I call ahead and pick up my XL Pepperoni with Onions and Jalapeno peppers pizza..they have the oooeee goooeee goodness ready for me and believe me that 20 minute drive back to Antioch area is KILLING ME with all the smells and aromas coming from that box..it takes every inch of my being to keep me from pulling a slice out of that box...it kills me!!

Once I get it home, I turn my oven to 425 and put it on my marble pizza slab and put it back into the oven for about 5-8 minutes to get it heated through and BAM!!!!!! it is revived to its original oooeee goooeee goodness and piping hot and to die for !!! The crust comes out so crispy great, the pizza is divine ....I am making myself hungry just thinking about it...I just might have to stop this evening and get one to take home!!!

If you get the chance to eat there you should!!! I wish I had a coupon or two for the restaurant...that is my only wish!!! An X Large Pepperoni, Jalapeno and onion cost about $19 with taxes..and I usually don't like spending that much for ONE pizza...but if it was so DARN GOOD...I wouldn't....but once you discover the best, buying anything else even if cheaper is a waste of money...once you taste the BEST its hard to eat anywhere else!!!!

I love this PIZZA!!! I am so sure you will too!!!

Great sauce and great pizza. My husband Tony found this location and pizza restaurant while I was in the hospital and he fell in love with it. So, as soon as I could eat pizza and enjoy it...I had to try it out...and OMG..I am hooked. I love this place. I love the pizza and I love the location...and the sauce!!! Omg..the sauce is awesome!!! and the price is even better. The location is near the Vanderbilt University Complex and hospital, just off 21 south..great location!!!

When you go in, its a little cramp and crowded but they have seating outside on the patio also. When you go in, there are several pizzas to choose from ...and then they have specials on the board. 2 slices and a drink for $7...and the pieces are huge..They put it through the oven on a conveyor belt and by the time you get to the counter to pay they have your drink ready..they serve beer..
    they have sandwiches and calzones, desserts and salads...and they take your name to call it out once the pizza is ready..

On my first trip, I got a piece with pepperoni only and the piece is large enough for two slices...so don't order two unless you can eat the equal of four slices...no joke!!!
    It's thin crust and delicious...Tony and I ordered the 2 slice special for $7 with a tea and then added a budweiser and it was only $10 something with taxes...great price...!!!

Second visit, two weeks later, I took my daughter and her friend visiting from West Virginia...We ordered 2 of the specials and added a beer and extra tea for me to drink and it was less than $20 to feed four peeps...great deal..and this time I tried their supreme...OMG...­great as I expected!!! I highly recommend to everyone...so on the third visit we grabbed a medium to go...pepperoni, mushrooms and onions!!! and it was only $12 with taxes...I can't wait to go again!!

I vote this restaurant the Best Pizza in Nashville!!!
    Seriously, it was recommend by co-worker and I believe her now!!
    The best in Nashville!!!
    Go and try it ...NOW!!!

Roma Pizza: Roma Pizza on Nolensville

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I decided to get some Pizza for dinner. Our favorite place " Little Chicago" is hard to get to sometimes and it is so cold outside with the wind blowing, the evening traffic is picking up and I am on my way home from work...so I call him and said, Hey instead of going out I am going to grab some pizza on the way home..Kudos from him!!!! So, I opted to try "ROMA" Pizza, we had never been here before so I stopped in.
    The place was sort of empty inside and rather large. So why not!!!! I went to the counter and explained that I had never been here before so I looked over the menu board hanging above the counter..they do salads, pizzas, subs, wings and pastas...great selection and a few desserts..so I opted for the special " 1 large 2 topping pizza" for only $7.99 plus taxes..so I said I will take the special with Pepperoni and onions and extra sauce..
    He told me it would be about 20 minutes but it was actually only 18 minutes..that was quick..A few customers came and went while I waited inside and snapped a few pictures.
    when it was done, they brought it out to the dining room for me and showed me the pizza...it looked WONDERFUL and smelled it also..
    They also added a few peppers and some garlic butter on the side ( much like Papa Johns') and its a touch I like...All the way home about 10 minutes to my apartment the aroma was driving me insane...it took every ounce of restraint in me not to pull over and start eating it ON THE SPOT...lol !!! but I waited...reluctantly­..but thank goodness for no traffic jams or it would have been a goner!!
    I got home and Tony said.."what happened to Papa Murphy's?" I said "I never told you Papa Murphy's" he said..Oh, I just figured..I showed him the ROMA box and let me him smell the goodness inside... We both took a couple slices and it was amazing..The sauce is excellent, the pepperoni delicious and the cheese was so ooey and gooey...a must for a great pizza..The crust was medium thickness like a hand tossed crust..not too thick and not too thin..perfect crust and perfectly cooked..I highly recommend this Pizza Joint to everyone!!! At least the one on Nolensville Rd. I haven't tried the others yet, but YES it is a thumbs up and triple star and FOUR YELP stars for this great treat from Italy!!!

Definitely try Roma Pizza if you haven't and let me know your thoughts..!!!

I love this pizza joint..I found it one day after work on my way home in March...so I stop here whenever I need a pizza fix and I don't want to fight the traffic around Vanderbilt and 21 south...besides the pizza is delicious!!!

I love to get the large pepperoni with Jalapeno and onions with extra cheese and sauce..I love it..I get the thin crust and they cut the round pizza into squares making it easy to drive and eat..because it smells so good I have to dive into during my drive home..I know eating hot pizza and frustrating traffic isn't safe...but at least it helps me endure the darn traffic here in Nashville..that's another story in itself!!!

They make subs, calzones and salads and pasta but I just do the pizza..I am a pizza person...I recommend this pizza to all pizza lovers..Very good at a Great price..you can get a large 2 topping pizza for only $7.99 plus taxes..Great all the way around....a NO BRAINER !!!

Five Points Pizza: Five Points Pizza on the East End

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Okay, I am not going to try to be so EXCITED about this pizza since I am a huge Pizza Perfect Fan..but I have to admit...This pizza was really damn good Pizza..I loved it.
    We went in and it looked a little small from the outside but rather big inside, or at least bigger than I thought..There were plenty of tables and some booths and the staff was very friendly.. We were seated immediately and for 12:30 on a Saturday that was wonderful..
    We told the waitress who was all smiles and she made some great suggestions. I liked the fact you could order by the slice or whole pizza and we took the slices..We chose their Meat Slice special of the day..it was Capicola, onions, roasted red peppers, Kalamata Olives and Feta Cheese..only $4.50, a slice of Proscuitto and Basil Slice for $5.00 and the Pepperoni and Cheese for $3.75..the slices are large and huge...so we split all three slices down the middle so we could try all three out..
    I ordered a Cola and Tony ordered a draft " Czanns Blonde" crafted Brew right here in Nashville for only $4.50 all of it was $26 with tip and taxes..awesome New York Style Pizza..and we are definitely going back here again..
    It is located on the East End in a great neighborhood area, with parking lot behind it beside the "Beyond the Edge" Bar and Grill ..
    I can't wait to go back here again!!
    To enjoy the neighborhood, walk around, try out a few pubs and eat some Great Pizza..
    When My daughter comes down here, she has to eat here!! She is going to love it..

NY Pie: NY Pie in West Nashville

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

OMG...I found the best Pizza on the West End..
    Tony and I went here a few weeks ago, but they didn't serve beer so he wanted to go somewhere else...but the pizza looked so delicious..they serve whole or by the slice.
    So when I went Christmas shopping at the West Meade Shopping Center, I said..I am going to go get some of that awesome pizza and take it home for dinner.

So after shopping, I called Tony and said...don't eat anything I am bringing home some NY PIE pizza and beer...will be there soon, I will call when I am closer so you can heat up the oven to 425

I went into the eatery and was greeted immediately. I explained that it was my first time and asked them for any specials or recommendations. They were very friendly and helpful. She handed me a menu and while I looked it over, several other employees started telling me their favorites. We discussed the sizes and toppings I went for the NY SPECIAL size medium...with extra sauce and a soda while I wait...taxes and tip it was only $23...not bad!!!

I sat down and started checking my cell phone and taking a few pictures..they called my name and my food was ready...only about 15 minutes of waiting..Not bad at all.

I took my pizza and called Tony to tell him I was on my way. So, he heated up the oven. So, when I arrived home, I popped it for a few minutes to heat it back up and awwwwww......I heard the angels sing and the birds chirp...this was so darn delicious...we both looked at each other and said..."AWESOME PIZZA" at the same time..we can't wait to go here again..

After dinner, I called them to let them know how Awesome the pizza was and how pleased I was with the food and service. GREAT Deal...GREAT Food...and definitely will do this again, and again !!!! Highly recommend to all..I am going back here again SOON!!!! And I am trying their Garlic Knots and another great pizza choice...

MAFIAoZA's: MAFIAoZA's in Belmont area

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I had to work until 3pm at work and wanted to try a new place for dinner. I went and picked Tony up at the apartment and we head for 12 South to try out Mafiaoza's Pizzeria and Neighborhood Pub...we heard it was pretty good location and pretty good food.

They have a large parking lot in the back of the eatery with a back entrance. We made our way it through the rear and went to the hostess station at the front of restaurant. We were seated immediately near the front window...love their tables and booths. There is a great bar area and a heated patio area in the winter/ open in the summer. The interior is large and airy, but not crazy about the interior design. I do like the open bar sitting area in front of the kitchen where you can watch the cooks toss the dough while making the pizzas and cooking the pasta.

Our waiter Chris was very pleasant and immediately greeted us at our table. He asked if we had ever been here before and we stated that we were Newbies...and he said "Let me give you a tour of our menu...starting in the front"...and he went over the different sections, giving recommendations from each section. I have to admit it was engaging and informative. He made personal recommendations and gave details about the different appetizers and entrees...I really knew I wanted Pizza but his description of the. appetizers and the salads, pastas, etc., I almost changed my mind.

But Tony and I decided to get a large "The Last Request" ....fully loaded. They have two sizes Capone = Medium and Don = Large...so we opted to get the Don for only $27 knowing that we would have plenty of leftovers for the next day. It was very good, I have to admit it was a little burnt but they are cooking with a large brick open fire oven..it didn't take long and Chris was bringing it to our table..It is huge!!

Tony ordered two Pabst Ribbon Beer and I ordered a soda ( Coke ) I think....
    We enjoyed the meal. The bar area was lovely with a Christmas tree that is decorated really gorgeous. I enjoyed the pizza very much but it was a little dry without enough sauce. It could have used a little more cheese...I still prefer the Zeus from Five Points on the East End. I will definitely go back here again to try out their pasta and salad with some killer wine..I checked out their extensive wine list and was very impressed. I want to try this one which is a sauvignon blanc wine from New Zealand, called Lonely Cow...which was pineapple and tangerine blend...sounded good I want to try it...

The dinner check wasn't bad.
    I paid the tab $45 with taxes and tip..and I tipped Chris 17 1/2 percent...he was awesome...I enjoyed him...I wish I had felt better, I would have loved to have tried that wine this evening... I will let you all know when I go back to try the wine and pasta..
    please go to Mafiaoza's if you haven't and enjoy a nice meal in a great atmosphere!!!

• Wine Tasting

Two Boots Pizza: Two Boots Pizza down near Vanderbilt

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I went to Two Boots Pizza. It was my birthday and I am a pizza kick...so why not RIGHT?

Well, inside very colorful, light, bright and airy...love the interior and the decorations. Love Love Love...the counter area is high and loaded with whole pies that you can pick and choose slices from..They are labeled and most of the slices are like $3.95 Each.

Tony and I stood there for a few moments and asked a few questions. Explained our first time and they thanked us for trying their pizza. The gentleman answered our questions and made suggestions so we were ready to make our choice...I ordered the Larry Tate..which is tomatoes, spinach, ricotta, a white pizza very veggie style and looked awesome, we also choose the Great Escape with basil, mozzarella, pepperoni and sausage...pretty good...and then Tony chose the Bayou Beast which was spiced shrimp, crawfish and sausage with mozzarella and jalapeno...very good. better than I thought it would be for seafood or Cajun style.. we liked it.

Tony got a large 25 oz can of Budweiser and I chose rootbeer..we ordered 3 slices and halved them so we both had three different slices to try...$21...a little high if you ask me..Not a great price for the product.

The pizza was okay. It was a traditional pizza oven not a brick oven. My pizza was reheated in the oven and still sort of cold by the time I got to the middle of the second half slice...but it was filling.

I would eat here again..

Favorite Dish: I have tried Bayou Beast, the Great Escape and the Larry Tate and I have to say the Cajun with the Shrimp was my favorite and most unique slice of pizza. I will definitely go back and try others..

Outside, they have a private parking lot My hubby inside the bright decor eatery Bayou Beast The Great Escape The Larry Tate

SoulShine Pizza Factory: Soulshine Pizza Factory in Vandy

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I went here for lunch today...another Sunday in Nashville...and yes another Pizza Joint...I am on a pizza kick right now...So we opted to try Soulshine Pizza Factory and we were glad we did..

It is located down near Vandy...closer to Vandy than Broadway...but easy to find...gets plenty of food traffic from the University students..It is a two story location. We were greeted and seated immediately on the first floor. Our waiter arrived quickly. Tony ordered a Budweiser Bottle and I ordered a soda...
    We looked through the menu..I already knew I wanted pizza..so we ordered "the Kitchen Sink" small and appetizer of Garlic bread and marinara sauce..it arrived very quickly.
    Our waiter was very friendly and told us before we leave to go up and check out the upstairs and the outdoor upper level patio where they are sitting up a live band..
    We walked up there after we ate...
    OMG...I loved it up here...so light bright and airy...definitely going to eat upstairs next time.
    I loved the interior..the service and the food..

Everything including tip, taxes food and drink...$24
    Not bad..I tipped him 18% for a sunday afternoon party of 2 at noon!!!
    Not bad!!!
    I will go there again!!!
    DEFINITELY!!!

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

The Old Spaghetti Factory: Dine Inside a Trolley Car

by TravellerMel Updated Apr 2, 2010

One of the restaurant chain - the Old Spaghetti Factory has made a name for itself by re-imagining old buildings (the Nashville location was a shipping warehouse from which the boats that would offload from the Cumberland River) and for offering a complete meal at a reasonable price. Elegant, ornate Victorian decor, stained and beveled glass all around, antiques everywhere, and plush seating in the waiting area. Many of the booths have bedroom headboards & footboards as the seating. And they have a trolley car in the middle of the restaurant - be sure to ask to sit inside!

A complete meal -- including a salad, bread, entree, spumoni ice cream, and a beverage -- will cost you around $12.

A great family dining spot,- one of the cheapest places to get a meal in The District. On nights of events, there can be a wait, and also be aware that they close between lunch and dinner.

Favorite Dish: Always, Always, always get the Spaghetti with Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter - OMG, SOOO good! You can also get a Managers Favorite, which is any two of the sauces, or the Potpourri which is a sampler of their four most popular sauces - mizithra cheese, clam, marinara, and meat.

Old Spaghetti Factory - Nashville Dine inside the streetcar! Salad with Pesto dressing & fresh hot bread

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Demo's Restaurant: Steak & Spaghetti at Demo's Downtown

by TravellerMel Written Oct 2, 2009

I've been going by this place the entire year I've lived in Nashville, but never went in because I thought it looked like an expensive restaurant. I was wrong! I decided to give Demo's a try because I was given a coupon for a free Spinach appetizer, and the coupon came attached to a menu. I went inside just as it started to rain. The inside of the restaurant feels very warm, with wood walls, and step-down to the dining room. I was seated at the window which was slightly lower than street level - it was lovely. The food came quickly, the waitress was very friendly, and it was a wonderful meal. I can see how Demo's would be a romantic place for dinner - it feels very upscale. I will certainly be back again!

Favorite Dish: I ordered the steak & spaghetti for $9.95. It came with soup or salad - I had the Oven Roasted Chicken Soup, which was out of this world! The free (I had a coupon) spinach appetizer came with tortilla chips and was quite good. My steak was cooked perfectly, and seemed a large portion (although, that may have been because I was already full from the soup, spinach, and bread...) and I got the spaghetti with butter and mushrooms which was very tasty.

Signage Signage

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Old Spaghetti Factory

by Krumlovgirl Updated Jan 12, 2005

This place definitely has character! This converted warehouse is complete with brick walls, hardwood floors, and booths made from converted antique beds. I love to eat inside the old trolley that sets in the middle of the floor. More than spaghetti, they offer almost every kind of pasta dish imaginable. It's a noisy place and definitely for families and there can sometimes be long waits (like an hour or more) to get inside on the weekends.

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Bound'ry: Great Food in a wonderful atmoshere

by gkitzmil Updated Jul 21, 2003

A broad restaurant (tapas menu) with a range from good seafood to wonderful small pizzas and pastas.

Favorite Dish: The mushroom pizza with brie is one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten!

It combines several mushrooms with brie on a wood oven grilled crust.

Great beer and wine selection

eclectic and cozy

• Mindy_J's Profile Photo

Italian: Old Spaghetti Factory

by Mindy_J Written Apr 22, 2007

Incredible Pasta & Spaghetti. Very inexpensive. Has millions put into the interior.

Favorite Dish: parmasian spaghetti

spaghetti factory nashville caboose spaghetti factory nashville foyer spaghetti factory downtown nashville
    • Music