Places to eat in Nashville

Most Viewed Restaurants in Nashville

Sbarro Downtown: Sbarro - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 26, 2014

Sbarro is a nice change from eating at Chick Filet every day and the price is good. But, ((( don't you just hate that word?))) they could heat the food up a bit better.
    The pizzas are prepared ahead of time and the slices are larger but the oven doesn't heat them up enough..by the time I walk the 1/2 block back to office..the food is stone cold and not as good..

I did enjoy the garlic bread stick with marinara sauce .99cents each but again, not very warm. I like the food. I would eat there again.

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Nashville: My T-Shirt collection grows!

by aphrodyte Updated Feb 22, 2014

I've been to several Hard Rock cafés and though they seem the same in many ways they are different. This one has a waterfront view and of course it is in Nashville "The Music Capitol of the World"

Housed in the site of Nashville's first brothel, the building stretches half a block long, and has an outdoor patio area.There were photographs of famous country singers adorned on the walls and great, live music...really made you feel like you were in music country!

The Reverb Room (music venue) upstairs has taken this establishment to another level. The 2nd floor venue space is very versatile and spacious. It is well appointed with slick and modern furniture but balances nicely with rock and roll memorabilia. In addition to a great stage and acoustics layout, there is a beautiful outdoor deck that overlooks Broadway, and large bar area.

Once we were seated, our server was fun and gave us really good input about the menu.

They offer skip the line priority seating.

Monday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Tuesday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Wednesday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Thursday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Friday 11:00 am – 12:00 am
    Saturday 11:00 am – 12:00 am
    Sunday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm

Favorite Dish: Typical Hard Rock menu

We get the potato skins with bacon.
    Beer Batter Fish and Chips
    Hickory Pulled Pork Sandwich
    Crème Brulee Bite

Hot Diggity Dogs: Hot Diggity Dogs

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

My Hubby and I tried this restaurant based on the reviews we read here. Well, we were a little unsatisified. I even went back a second time hoping that the first impression wasnt the best one..well..still horrible.

My husband I opted to get four hotdogs, he picked two and so did I. then we divided them in half and we both had four 1/2 sections to try. I chose the Cara-Bama and the Chicago Dogs. He chose the Texan and the Italian Sausage dogs. Pictures to follow..Out of my two, the Cara-Bama was the best and he liked both of his. I didn't like the Italian Sausage Dog at all..The Texan was pretty good.
    It was an okay Chicago Dog, but I wouldn't say the BEST in Nashville!!!
    Sodas too small for the price. The large is like $1.89 and the size of a medium..price should be just at a dolllar $.99 to $1.29 for the size..too small for the price. You have to eat outside due to the size, so bring your own drink from a gas station..bigger and cheaper..

Outside eating area isn't bad..and they have tarp cover that zips down for the winter..but good luck with that.. I advise if cold weather and you need a Hot Diggity dog due to a craving for hotdogs..get them to go..
    The Texan has chili, onions and cheese..not bad
    The Cara-Bama was chili, onions and slaw..(not homemade and not good) You can have it grilled or steamed ..I vote STEAMED..I have had it both ways and steamed is much better.
    The Chicago Dog was wrong but okay..mine only had peppers, onions and pickle..it was missing some items..Tony hated it a lot..and the Italian Sausage dog with peppers and onions..nasty to me..but he liked it.
    So it will be your decision..I vote..eat somewhere else!!! Four hot dogs and one drink was like $17-$18...too high!!!

• Women's Travel

Bella Napoli Pizzeria: Bella Napoli Pizzeria

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Feb 5, 2014

OMG..based on reviews here, my hubby and I couldn't wait to eat here..you guys are stupid. This placed sucked big rotten eggs..It was horrible..where do I even START..
    We opted to eat inside..a saturday evening (last night) about 4:30 ..not too busy which is what we wanted. The inside was nice, small but quaint. Not to crowded, very nice! I like the brick walls, and the open feel. Nothing special about the tables (uncomfortable, but compared to the outside GREEN PLASTIC table and chairs) this was our option. Outside area is quaint and the setting is inviting but the green plastic furniture..TURN OFF..it would be much better with cast iron/metal cafe tables..not this cheap lawn furniture..
    My husband opted for the Lasagna al Forno $13 and I chose the Fettuccine alla Boscaiola $14 and our appetizer was the Bruschetta $6; I took a iced tea with lemon/lime unsweetened and he chose the budweiser bottle beer..now here we go!
    Bruschetta was described as: Toasted bread, served with cherry diced tomatoes, olive oil , fresh chopped garlic and fresh basil; It was not TOASTED but it was good. The topping made it very soggy, too soggy but I enjoyed it. My hubby had one (you get 6..they are a $1 each) he hated it said too soggy..couldn't handle the soggy oily bread..but I ate the rest and you will see why soon.
    Here comes the food about 20 minutes into our order...not bad if crowded but we are only table inside and there are about three outside (drinking college aged customers) so I would hate to see how slow on crowded night. Now keep in mind..there is about 20 employees for the dining room milling around us..and not one ask us anything. I had to return my tea (colored water with no flavor) and get a soda..we were there total of 1 hr and 30 minutes and no one asked me if I wanted a refill..I was livid!!
    now our entrees: Tony's Lasagna is described as; Fresh pasta sheet layered with meat sauce mozzarella, bechamel ,and parmigiano--sounds divine..well it was burnt cheese from the fire oven, with gobs of tomato sauce poured over to hide the burnt cheese..but you can taste it guys..Tony and I split it. He liked his portion; I had to give him some of my half back..it was horrible, but I liked the tomato sauce..I needed it here in a bit.
    Then my entree was the Fettuccine described as: Fresh fettuccine pasta tossed with mushroom , Parma prosciutto, green peas in a rich creamy sauce--it was DRY DRY DRY,,,the fettuccine was al a dente, and there was so much Parma Prosciutto with peas it tasted like HAM SPAGHETTI...NASTY..NASTY...NASTy..I took only 2 bites and had to leave it sitting. Tony took 2 bites and we pushed it back. We asked for bread to go with our pasta meals and they brought us BURNT thin pizza crust..NO BREAD in an italian restaurant. we asked for parmesan..they handed us shakers of kraft ...no REAL PARMESAN Cheese..I thought this said ITALIAN restaurant on the door
    Thank God I had my Bruschetta left over that was my dinner..5 pieces of bruschetta (soggy but the best damn thing on my table) with one soda..
    You dont get any bread or side salads when you order this food. One dish meals..our ticket was $42.95 before taxes and then he took a 18% grat. fee on a table top of 2 people..most restaurants due that if you have 6 or more people..not 2..so he gave himself a $7.97 TIP..just took it..so my check was $55 with taxes and his stolen TIP..$55 for one soda pop, some bruschetta and 2 beers..the rest of the table slop...Don't eat HERE!!!! I will never ever ever eat there again, and I will tell everyone who listens..THIS PLACE SUCKS!!!

The Cheesecake Factory: The Cheesecake Factory

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I ate the Cheesecake Factory at Green Hills Mall last holiday season mainly because of the show BIG BANG THEORY..we enjoyed it. The decor was great and lovely, big and airy and the food was not bad..nothing I would have to rush back for....Tony had a Philly Cheesesteak with fries..(fries were good) and I had soup and salad..which was very good with a house dressing and bread and I LOVED THE BREAD ....would go again, but too expensive for not getting the WOW factor

Tin Roof: Tin Roof

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I went here on Sept, 7 about 1:30pm for lunch, the lunch crowd was just dying out, some of the tables were full when we first went in so, we sit in the back. Table was too large for the two of us, and the angle wasn't the best for the TV, but hey ...we know where to sit next time..

We ordered our drinks, myself a Sweet Iced Tea and Tony got his usual Budweiser..Tony ordered a "Italian Sub with fries" and I ordered "Buffalo Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwich with fresh veggies and ranch dressing. We didn't have to wait too long, about 20 minutes for our food..so Tony got a second beer..My tea was a large one, so it lasted, and it was really good. They had lemon and lime for my tea which makes me happy..

The sandwiches were large so we had to take some home with us. They were really good, fresh and hot from the kitchen, but Nothing "WOWED me...:", The restaurant was clean, I loved the atmosphere, the staff was nice and attentive. I am giving them a 4 out of 5 stars, I would go again..but I would order something different, because I am always looking for that..."ummmm ummmm nom nom nom ummmmm" while eating feeling and I didn't get that with this meal. But, I would recommend the restaurant again, and I would go again !!

The ticket with taxes and tip $35..so I would say average priced.. A little high on the beer...but other than that..." you guys go and give it a try!!!"...and let me know !!!

Dave & Buster's: Dave & Buster's - Opry Mills

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Went to Dave n Buster's with my daughter Noelle, Son, Joshua and his girlfriend Brandie..We enjoyed dinner and movie, and of course the games...
    We ordered Tea and sodas to drink..and everyone got some great to eat and they played video games for about an hour and 1/2 before the movie..we enjoyed ourselves.
    It was Brandie's first time to enjoy the Dave n Buster atmosphere...
    Will definitely go again!!!
    Going to share some pics of the great food so check out the album...

Firehouse Subs: Firehouse Subs

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I am a fan!!! We wanted a good sub so we headed to "Firehouse" Subs on Thompson Lane. We opted to get two separate subs and to try something new..We usually get the Hook and Ladder or the Italian..but tonight we opted for the "New York Steamer Sub" : Corned Beef Brisket, Pastrami, melted Provolone, mustard, mayo and Italian dressing..we had them Fully involved to include Jalapeno, lettuce, tomato and onions...we got the 8" sub for $5.89
    and we also got the " Firehouse Hero Sub" : Premium Roast Beef, Smoked Turkey Breast, Virginia Honey Ham, melted Provolone, served fully involved with onions, tomato, lettuce, mayo, mustard, italian dressing and Jalapeno peppers..
    both were very good...but we both said that the Firehouse Hero was our favorite of the two tonight..
    what is your favorites?

Demo's Restaurant: Demo's Restaurant - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Well, I only give "5" Stars if I get "WOWED"..and I wasn't wowed..but I am giving them four stars.
    Tony and I went about 12:30ish during lunchtime beak. We were seated immediately in a packed dining room. The waitress was extremely busy and a little slow to take our order, but she was busy..so I didn't hold that against her. We ordered soda for me and bottle of Budweiser for Tony (no draft)..He ordered the Italian Sausage Meatball Spaghetti with side salad with ranch dressing and I ordered the Meat Sauce Spaghetti with side salad with Ranch dressing and they gave us a basket of bread.

The food was really good! It came to use quickly. I had never had their spaghetti and I am usually leery of meat sauce or marinara due to I just don't like them sometimes..but the flavor of this sauce was really good. My only complaint..it could have been a little saucier..
    The garlic bread was cheesy and very good, could have used more of it also. The side salad was basically lettuce with ranch dressing..nothing to brag about, could have used some more veggies in the salad, or should have been called...side of Lettuce...they do keep fresh parm cheese on the table so I filled my lettuce with parm cheese...but the ranch was really good.

I would recommend the restaurant. They offer a great daily lunch special but their lunch menu prices are good and the serving size a good value for the price. The entire meal ticket with taxes was less than $20 plus tips.
    I would go again!!! and I recommend you all go also and try it out.

December 7th, 2012:
    Tony and I went back to Demos' while everyone was watching the parade in downtown Nashville, so it was not that crowded. We had a lovely dinner and a awesome waiter, Austin.. We both enjoyed the 7oz Sirlion Medium Rare with Baked Potatoe with Sour cream and butter and side salad with ranch..we like ours the same way so it makes it easy on the servers. Tony had his usual Budweiser beer and I had my unsweetened tea with lemon/ lime..
    We were joined by our new Roommate...George the sock monkey...lol !!! He enjoys going out and doesn't eat much..he is Tony's new drinking partner...lol!!!
    enjoyed the food so much and no complaints. I love this restaurant. The decor is so romantic and calming...highly recommend this restaurant in Nashville, ..I also added some new pictures.
    Enjoy!!!

Old Spaghetti Factory: Old Spaghetti Factory - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I went to the Spaghetti Factory on Friday January 4, 2013 for lunch..and we had a nice lunch together. They open at 11:30 am so we had to wait a little bit. I love this restaurant with all its dark paneling and antique furniture not to mention the cable car in the middle of the main dining area.

Tony and I had the same thing, luncheon size Spaghetti with Silician meatballs and Marinara sauce with side salad with a pesto ranch dressing and bread/butter..it was very good.
    The meatballs had a smoked herb taste gave the mental image of a smoked sausage, Tony tasted a lot of basil and sage in the meatballs..they were very good and large. The lunch size was perfect size for the meal and the pesto ranch dressing is very good. I wish they served fresh parmesan cheese..

I had a soda and he had the beer ( as usual) ..I had to take the rest of mine home in a doggie bag..and Tony had the leftovers for lunch the next day.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

Calypso Cafe: Calypso Cafe

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I decided to stop at Calypso Cafe and get some Takeout. I had never been here before so it was all new to me and Tony was not with me so I opted to get two separate plates and then we would mix them up on to our plates at home and try a little bit of everything.
    I got him the Jamaican Curry Rotisserie Chicken Dark Meat quarter size with Native Cole slaw and Martinque Calloloo ( mustard greens with onions and stewed tomatoes) and the Jamaican Curry is like a strange applesauce with onions and spices...Not sure if I like that Curry or not, but it was definitely different. The Native coleslaw was like normal coleslaw with a mayo vinaigrette sauce..and the mustard Greens are vinaigrette flavored with onions and stewed tomatoes ( you can taste the vinaigrette in the tomatoes)..I like the collards very much and so did Tony..
    The other plate was Rotisserie White Quarter Chicken with a Jerk sauce (hot hot hot on the side) and Cuban Black Beans with raw red onions and sour cream ( very good..highly recommend) and St Lucian Rice..another very good taste..

I would definitely eat here again, but next time stay at the restaurant and enjoy the atmosphere there with the island music playing and the beachy feel to the restaurant. Everyone was friendly.
    The food cost $14 with taxes..but next time we are going to try the family package with a whole chicken and 6 six sides for only $15.95 plus taxes...ummmm good !!!

Bruegger's Bagels: Bruegger's Bagels near Vanderbilt

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I love there bagels for breakfast and brunch ....but I have never tried anything else ...they have soups and sandwiches ...give them a try I highly recommend them ...located near Vanderbilt university!!!

Whenever I go here, I have to park on the street with my flashers on...and I worry while I am in there, but I am always getting something to go and they are delightfully fast...so far...NO Problem..

I am definitely going to go back and try this restaurant for lunch. They have so many bagel choices..my personal favorites are ONION, EVERYTHING and Originial...but there are other varieties as well to enjoy...
    Check them out...grab a bagel, coffee or tea and ENJOY!!!

I received a coupon for a free bagel with cream cheese for my birthday so I stopped by on my way to work one morning and grabbed it. It was a very nice present from them.
    I went in and they were very pleased to accept the coupon and gave me a free soda also to celebrate my birthday. I told them I would like the ONION BAGEL with regular cream cheese and it asked me if I wanted EXTRA ...and smiled..and I accepted of course..
    The bagel was toasted and very good!!
    I appreciate the free breakfast item. Join their EClub and you can also get the free bagel to celebrate your birthday when it arrives ...
    Highly recommend ...very good food..

• Singles

417 Union: 417 Union - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN!!!!
    They have ruined this for me....forever!!!

I was excited about trying this restaurant after reading some reviews from "fellow Yelpers'" and since it was Restaurant Week and they were listed as one of "Nashville's Originals"..I was really excited about eating here!
    I read my husband the reviews and told him that since we were going to the Nashville Convention Center for the RV Show, that we would walk the 2 blocks back to the Restaurant and enjoy some great food (( per the reviews)) and I love anything historical so I was excited to see the interior of the restaurant.
    We left the Convention Center for a nice brisk (wind blowing very coldly) thru the few streets in Nashville to the Arcade and then to the 417 Union Restaurant, just off the alley near the Arcade. We entered through the double doorways and up the few steps to the hostess area. I loved the brick walls and the old wooden high back booths. The gentleman was behind the cashier's counter and I asked him if we had to wait to be seated or seat ourselves, and he said " I will be right with you" and he sort of ran his eyes over my husband Tony and I, making me feel really uncomfortable, but I shrugged it off.
    The gentleman made us wait about 3-4 minutes and then took us into the dining area. I asked him if we could sit at a booth and he scanned the room at the empty tables and said, " Well I guess so, but wouldn't you be more comfortable at a table?" I said "NO I would really like to sit in one of the booths please!"..so he threw, yes threw the menus on the table and said "what would you like to drink?" I told him I would like a fountain drink and if he had Budweiser on tap? He said "I thought you wanted soda?"..I said YES, but my husband would like the beer..he said "OH you order for him?"..and walked off..
    When he came back, he asked if we were ready to order. I said "Yes, we would like to take advantage of the Restaurant Week Special" he said we are NOT honoring that on the weekend. I said, "Oh really, it doesn't say that on the website. Also, your door has a window cling saying you are involved until 20th which is Sunday"...he said I am sorry but we are not honoring that, so what else would you like. I said, can you check with the manager?
    He huffed off and then came back within 2 minutes and said, NO we aren't doing it...so what else would you like? I told him, nothing..we would finish our drinks and leave! He said, Well I am sorry, you can still order something else. I said for the same special offer of $20.13 and he said "NO! We aren't honor the special today!" and he raised his voice, I felt like people were staring..so I told him we would just eat somewhere else. Tony paid the check for the $3.50 for the beer, they didn't charge me for my soda...but HELL a FREE SODA is not going to make up for FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!
    I told him I was going to leave a negative review and his attitude as he walked away was "SO WHAT!!!"...so I will never go here again!!! NEVER EVER EVER, I don't care if I won Free Food for a month!!! Never Ever EVER again!!!!
    The staff was ***ty and I don't like to be treated like DIRT!!! There are too many restaurants in Nashville to be treated this way!!!!

SONIC: Sonic...car hop

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Something different from the normal breakfast food fare!!!
    I usually stop at McDonald's on the way to the office, but today I opted to try something different. I was pleasantly surprised to realize you can order anything off the menu, NOT just breakfast food, so at 6:15am, I opted for a soda and Chicago dog...yippee!!! A breakfast for champions!

I really don't eat at Sonic except for 1/2 price drinks at happy hour from 2-4pm every day and before 10am. I like to take advantage of the large drinks for a little over a $1...call me a scrooge or money miser, but IF I CAN SAVE I will SAVE!!! Everyone is like that!

• Seniors

Boscos Restaurant & Brewery: Boscos - near Vanderbilt

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

I was going to go to the Corner Pub but they were closed so we opted to head over near Vanderbilt and I thought of Boscos. I have been wanting to try this restaurant. It was pouring down the rain, but luckily they have a large parking lot in the back that they share with Sam's Bar and Grill. The alley beside Boscos leads to the parking area which is rather large and a blessing in this area since everything is always so busy and crowded.
    We got there about 11:45, parked and ran to the entrance in the front. We went in and were immediately greeted by the hostess who was very lovely and dry...lol !! I was wet like a drowned RAT!!! They seated us mid way in the back and the restaurant was full but not overly crowded,, because this restaurant is very large and roomy. The tables and booths have more than ample space to sit and move around..it was pleasant to know we were not going to be herded in and crammed in like cattle..(( one of my pet peeves by the way)))
    I noticed the nice table settings and the lovely dishes. There was a two piece band in the front window playing some lovely chamber music, more classical than Jazz, but lovely..we were half way back so with the talking of the crowd..I couldn't hear the music as well as I did when I first went inside..
    The hostess showed us the seats and gave us our menus and then I noticed BRUNCH ONLY!!! So, when the waiter approached us for our drink orders I asked for a lunch menu and he said "I am sorry but on Sunday we do Brunch from 10:30 to 3pm. The menu looked awesome and IF I was in the mood for Brunch foods, I would have ordered and tried their food, but I was wanting FISH or CHICKEN. so we made our apologies and departed.
    I wasn't trying to be rude, the restaurant was lovely, the staff very friendly and efficient, but the Brunch Menu was just not what I was wanting, but now I know and when I am in Brunch MODE...this will be my first choice..
    So we got up and left, and opted to dart in next door at Sam's..
    Can't wait to try Boscos for a normal lunch or dinner menu..
    but it was extremely large, roomy and lovely !!!

• Singles

Nashville Hotels

Latest Nashville Hotel Reviews

Gaylord Opryland Hotel
Latest: Apr 19, 2014
Microtel Inn And Suites Nashville (Bellevue)
Latest: Apr 7, 2014
Radisson Hotel Opryland
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashvillle
Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Nashville Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Nashville locals.
Map of Nashville