Places to eat in Nashville

• Restaurants

Most Viewed Restaurants in Nashville

Chile Burrito: Chile Burrito

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 20, 2014

Okay, I work at the Bat Building downtown and I get tired of the same old foods...so every now and then I like to go to new places and try them out..well, I have walked by this place a million times over the past 4yrs and HECK FIRE..I have never noticed this in the before..I know I am old but am I blind now too????

Anyway, I went in today and I was pleasantly surprised. Larger inside than I thought. I got my order to go. I ordered a chicken burrito with all the veggies and beans and rice inside the burrito also, it was really stuffed full..I love guac..so I asked for extra on the side I love that stuff..

I also got some chips to go and went over to a salsa bar where there was like five different types to choose from so, I got a little container of each, and a couple containers of some I thought I would really like..I am a salsa NUT..I love salsa...is that weird? BYW, I also make a mean hot salsa myself homemade, but I still like to try salsa when I am out.

I got back to the office and ummmm it smelled so good. Everyone was like, heck Melissa whatcha eating over there...everyone loved the aroma from my mexicali meal...it was really good. I just wish the salsa containers were larger, but they were all good salsa..I liked them all. The chips could have been a little more salty but hey that is my taste buds..the food was good.

I will definitely go back here again.
    And AGAIN...prices not bad either !!!!

5 Points Pizza: 5 Points Pizza

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 18, 2014

Sunday, May 18, 2014, Tony and I went walking around Nashville checking out some sights and we got hungry. It was about 1pm so we decided to go to our favorite Pizza place...Five Points Pizza. We love this restaurant.
    Never had a bad meal here, never had bad service here and the prices are always awesome..Very Budget Friendly. Today the special pizzas were a Pepperoni with tomato sauce, feta cheese and spinach...and the veggie pizza was a white pizza with smoked mozzarella, onions, jalapenos and heirloom tomato slices.. They used a olive oil with garlic to put on the crust for a base. It was really good!!!

I think I enjoyed the White Veggie Pizza the best..
    We also got our usual half order of fresh garlic and basil covered knots with fresh parmesan cheese. It is really good and our favorite served with a side of some awesome tomato marinara sauce. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Garlic Knots...half order of four is only $3 and full order of 8 is only $5
    Tony got a tallboy PBR for $3 and I got a coca cola. We love this place. Love to go here. It's a small location and always packed. The food is so good. Sometimes, you have to wait for a table but its worth it. Our waiter was Erik. He is very friendly. The check with taxes and tip was only $23. I can't wait to go here again...Noel will love this place. When she gets here!!!

Peg Leg Porker: Peg Leg Porker

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 8, 2014

May 8, 2014, Thursday, Tony and I went to Peg Leg Porker while waiting on the Registration Event for YSB...we had lunch earlier but OMG..the aromas at this restaurant is AMAZING..

We sit at the bar and the barmaid was so nice..We ordered a soda and Tony ordered draft craft beer "GERST"...it was a lite pilsner draft..not bad..I tasted it.
    I would definitely come here again to eat dinner or lunch. The food smelled so amazing and I would definitely want to chomp into some ribs or pork and some tasty sauce..
    Can't wait to try the food here!!!
    $7 with tip not bad for a beer and draft in Yuppy Ville

Southern Steak and Oyster: Southern Steak and Oyster

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 8, 2014

Tony and I attend the Yelp Spring Break Elite Event here on Thursday May 8, 2014 from 3-4pm for the special drinks and appetizers event.
    We were greeted immediately to register in and they gave us our drink of Bourbon and Mango with a lemon wedge.
    We found a seat towards the back and were joined with a couple from Phoenix, Arizona, Heath and Jolly. They were very nice and we enjoyed talking to them.
    They were in a party of like 12 and having a good time.
    I went to the buffet table to get a small sample of the fares..for both Tony and myself.
    There was steak biscuits, deviled eggs and fried green tomatoes....It was all a little different. I liked the taste of the steak on the biscuit, but the small slider size biscuit was very dry. The deviled egg had a runny filling and was too vinegary for me..gave me immediate heartburn and the fried green tomato was cut in half and the panko breading was too flaking and oily..Not really impressed, but hey FREE is FREE right..the mixed Bourbon and Mango infusion cocktail was very good, but you were allowed ONLY ONE each...
    I must have miss read the RSVP, it said two per person but there was a lot of Yelpers who attended that were not on the RSVP list, the lady kept asking people to leave...in fact while I was in the restroom my husband was told to leave..he said NOT until I finish my drink and wife gets back from the bathroom. I then had to tell her again, we were already checked in..
    We left about 35 minutes into the event..my husband was uncomfortable after that mix up...hopefully tonight at Anthem will be better...
    Not sure if I would go here again, too pricey!!!

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

Dawg House Saloon: Dawg House Saloon

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 7, 2014

$2 domestic everyday 11 - 7 yippee!!!!!
    Tony and I was out walking around and after we rested at Legends Corner Bar for awhile we decided to grab some lunch. I have been wanting to try a new place so we jumped in the van (Parked FREE at my parking spot ) I am lucky..anyway, we went to the West Side down near Vandy but everything was packed..So I head over to Music Row area and we decided to try the Dawg House Saloon.

Okay, I should have known Dawg House meant Hot Dogs, but dah...I am a blonde remember...lol!!!
    Anyway, the place is LARGE!!!
    It was so cool inside and with the both garage doors openings fully wide open and you would think flies or bugs...but NO surprisingly no bugs...I liked that so much!!! There are televisions everywhere and then place is wide open so the tables are not crowded together...good thing. Also a large band area in the back and the bathrooms are clean. I loved the bathrooms...really very clean.

They have happy hour from 11am to 7pm daily with $2 domestics and $3 imports...great deal. Tony can drink Budweiser for only $2 per long neck..that is a great price in Nashville. My soda was only a $1...great price again!!!
    We opted to get two different items and split them. So,, we went with the Tennessee Dawg and Jalapeno Stuffed Burger. We didn't order any sides but you can get sweet potato fries for only $2 more..

The burger was AWESOME!!! So thick and juicy. It had jalapenos stuffed between the hamburger patties with avocado slices and cheese..it was really good. The Tennessee Dawg, well it was different. The brat was really good, with a onion poppy seed bun with tomato slices, pickle slice and spicy green beans and deep fried onion ring strings on top with some sweet spicy banana pepper relish...it was different. I would not order it again, but it was not disgusting..just NOT for me...

I would really go here again!! Definitely, because there are several other dawgs on the menu I want to try and you can't beat those beer prices..the BEST IN NASHVILLE....

I dream of Weenie: I dream of Weenie

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 3, 2014

This has to be a very unique restaurant ...it's a old Volkswagon Bus (van) with a built on deck in front with an area for customers to stand and order their food. Then there are some picnic tables to sit at.

The prices are too high for me to enjoy. I love hot dogs, these are okay..but too high in cost..they could make so much more money if they would lower their prices...more people would come and more people would buy more if the prices were cheaper.

The Slider House: The Slider House

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 27, 2014

Sunday, April 27th, Tony and I was out walking around and enjoying Nashville. We originally went to Noshville Deli near Trader Joe's but there was a 45 minute wait, so I said hey let's try SLIDER HOUSE...we have that on our list to try...so why not..Traffic going towards downtown was not as bad as the traffic I fought to get out to Trader Joe's area...ugh...Traffic..don't get me started.

So, we went down by Vanderbilt and surprise surprise surprise the parking lot was not that packed and it was about 11:35 on a Sunday..we beat the crowd...YEAH!!!

This was our first visit. The place is larger inside than it looks outside. We took a booth half way back in the middle area facing the bar/cooking area. Our waitress approached us immediately...what do you want to eat? I said, oh okay, I need a minute for that but can you give me a unsweetened tea with Lemon and Lime and regular sugar packets please...and Tony ordered a PBR..she said.."OH that is a 16oz..is that okay?" Tony said ...of course...I prefer the tall ones..and the 16oz PBR was only $2.....

She left to get our drinks and we opted to get 2 sliders each with the side for $8.99..I ordered the Bay of Pigs and Muchacho with bruschetta for my side and Tony ordered the Dude and Hot Chicken with Sweet Potato Fries with Ranch dressing..she left and then about 15 minutes later the cook said ORDER UP...no waitress..he said ORDER UP about 4 minutes later and no waitress, she was busy joking and laughing with a group of four college aged boys...so another waitress grabbed our order and brought it to us..it was cold but hey...we are easy..
    I asked her for some sugar for my tea, some silverware and some ranch dressing. Now remember she is not our first waitress...but she brings us one set of silverware, honey mustard dressing and one packet of sugar..one packet...
    Tony and I split the sliders in half so we could both try all four..

The hot chicken was first..we should have saved it until last because it was hot and basically destroyed our pallet ....but it was good, I had to dip it in the dressing and by this time she brought us the ranch dressing and one more packet of sugar..((SUGAR SHORTAGE apparently)))..That was a good slider...next we tried the Bay of Pigs..this is a Ham slider (cuban smoked ham and a second thin ham) with swiss cheese and dijun mustard sauce..we dipped it in the sweet honey mustard sauce she brought us earlier for the sweet potato fries..this was a GREAT SLIDER..we both agreed this was our favorite of the four.
    The sweet potatoe fries were a little over cooked but good. We enjoyed them a lot. my Bruschetta was UGH...he literally laid 4 / 5 pieces of bruschetta bread on the plate with some tomato, onion and cilantro mixture with balsalmic vinegar over the veggie mixture. NOT my favorite Bruschetta in Nashville..

Third we tried the DUDE which was hamburger beef with mushrooms cheese and lettuce tomatoe with garlic aioli sauce...NOT THE BEST ...needed more sauce it was very bland and dry..Had to spread some ranch dressing on it to moisten it up some..glad there was only a few bites of it. Fourth was the Muchacho which was beef burger with cheese, jalapeno, avocado and pico salsa ...it was bland..yes bland..it was dry ...yes dry..we were both very disappointed in the beef sliders...the ticket with taxes was over $25 and I left her a 12 % tip, even though we never saw her again until after we needed the check...we were NOT offered any additional drinks or refills..I will not go here again..To many places in Nashville to spend my money and get better Quality service and Food..BUT I DO RECOMMEND the BAY of Pig Slider and Hot Chicken Slider..if you chance a visit there...

Melrose BBQ: Melrose BBQ

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 26, 2014

April 21st, I had to work a full day (12 hr shift) so I knew I was in NO SHAPE to cook dinner..so I stopped at B&C Melrose BBQ...for the sheer fact that the train was blocking my daily route home and I needed to detour over into the Berry Hills area to make my way home.
    I thought, hummm...BBQ sounds good and I haven't tried them yet...so winner winner Chicken dinner..or in this case Rib dinner...

I entered into the small location at the end of the strip mall at the Kroger's there. It is sort of hidden so if you are NOT looking for it, you will miss it. I went in and was immediately greeted by two friendly gents at the front counter. I told them my first visit and I needed a minute..and they both chimed in and said..welcome and you can't go wrong with any of your choices...

I ordered the half slab st louis style ribs with the two side choices of bacon/cheddar grits (the grits of the day) and mac n cheese..and then I ordered brisket dinner with two sides of baked beans and squash casserole. I then grabbed a piece of pecan pie for Tony..he loves Pecan pie. I took several sides of the various sauces to try out.

I took our order to go..it was $25..plus tip...
    When I got it home..I grabbed a couple of plates out of the cupboard and began hashing out our portions..we both were trying a little bit of everything..our plates were heaping full...
    OKAY..the bacon cheddar grits...I am not a GRITS PERSON..but it was good. I mean if I like Grits then these are great grits but ummm..I am not a grits person..so nah...not again for me..but that is ME....a grits lover would love them...the mac n cheese,,GREAT..I wish I had more of these to scarf down...The squash casserole was good but a little too sweet for my liking...but it was good and cheesy...and the baked beans...OMG...awesome..I would eat a gallon container of these baked beans EASY..

The ribs were great. I really liked my sauces choices..I would eat the ribs again..but the winner winner winner on the plate was the BRISKET..OMG..so moist and tender..You could easily feed this to a baby...it literally melted in my mouth and when MEAT MELTS..that is tender and juice..I could eat this Brisket daily...gain a million pounds...but oh it would be almost worth it...
    so if you go...get the Brisket, with baked beans and mac n cheese and you will be very happy...but watch out, if I am near by I might have to sneak a bite..

Sbarro Downtown: Sbarro - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 26, 2014

Sbarro is a nice change from eating at Chick Filet every day and the price is good. But, ((( don't you just hate that word?))) they could heat the food up a bit better.
    The pizzas are prepared ahead of time and the slices are larger but the oven doesn't heat them up enough..by the time I walk the 1/2 block back to office..the food is stone cold and not as good..

I did enjoy the garlic bread stick with marinara sauce .99cents each but again, not very warm. I like the food. I would eat there again.

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Nashville: My T-Shirt collection grows!

by aphrodyte Updated Feb 22, 2014

I've been to several Hard Rock cafés and though they seem the same in many ways they are different. This one has a waterfront view and of course it is in Nashville "The Music Capitol of the World"

Housed in the site of Nashville's first brothel, the building stretches half a block long, and has an outdoor patio area.There were photographs of famous country singers adorned on the walls and great, live music...really made you feel like you were in music country!

The Reverb Room (music venue) upstairs has taken this establishment to another level. The 2nd floor venue space is very versatile and spacious. It is well appointed with slick and modern furniture but balances nicely with rock and roll memorabilia. In addition to a great stage and acoustics layout, there is a beautiful outdoor deck that overlooks Broadway, and large bar area.

Once we were seated, our server was fun and gave us really good input about the menu.

They offer skip the line priority seating.

Monday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Tuesday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Wednesday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Thursday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Friday 11:00 am – 12:00 am
    Saturday 11:00 am – 12:00 am
    Sunday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm

Favorite Dish: Typical Hard Rock menu

We get the potato skins with bacon.
    Beer Batter Fish and Chips
    Hickory Pulled Pork Sandwich
    Crème Brulee Bite

mural outside the entrance Beer Battered Fish & Chips w/ Citrus Tartar Sauce

Hot Diggity Dogs: Hot Diggity Dogs

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

My Hubby and I tried this restaurant based on the reviews we read here. Well, we were a little unsatisified. I even went back a second time hoping that the first impression wasnt the best one..well..still horrible.

My husband I opted to get four hotdogs, he picked two and so did I. then we divided them in half and we both had four 1/2 sections to try. I chose the Cara-Bama and the Chicago Dogs. He chose the Texan and the Italian Sausage dogs. Pictures to follow..Out of my two, the Cara-Bama was the best and he liked both of his. I didn't like the Italian Sausage Dog at all..The Texan was pretty good.
    It was an okay Chicago Dog, but I wouldn't say the BEST in Nashville!!!
    Sodas too small for the price. The large is like $1.89 and the size of a medium..price should be just at a dolllar $.99 to $1.29 for the size..too small for the price. You have to eat outside due to the size, so bring your own drink from a gas station..bigger and cheaper..

Outside eating area isn't bad..and they have tarp cover that zips down for the winter..but good luck with that.. I advise if cold weather and you need a Hot Diggity dog due to a craving for hotdogs..get them to go..
    The Texan has chili, onions and cheese..not bad
    The Cara-Bama was chili, onions and slaw..(not homemade and not good) You can have it grilled or steamed ..I vote STEAMED..I have had it both ways and steamed is much better.
    The Chicago Dog was wrong but okay..mine only had peppers, onions and pickle..it was missing some items..Tony hated it a lot..and the Italian Sausage dog with peppers and onions..nasty to me..but he liked it.
    So it will be your decision..I vote..eat somewhere else!!! Four hot dogs and one drink was like $17-$18...too high!!!

• Women's Travel

Bella Napoli Pizzeria: Bella Napoli Pizzeria

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Feb 5, 2014

OMG..based on reviews here, my hubby and I couldn't wait to eat here..you guys are stupid. This placed sucked big rotten eggs..It was horrible..where do I even START..
    We opted to eat inside..a saturday evening (last night) about 4:30 ..not too busy which is what we wanted. The inside was nice, small but quaint. Not to crowded, very nice! I like the brick walls, and the open feel. Nothing special about the tables (uncomfortable, but compared to the outside GREEN PLASTIC table and chairs) this was our option. Outside area is quaint and the setting is inviting but the green plastic furniture..TURN OFF..it would be much better with cast iron/metal cafe tables..not this cheap lawn furniture..
    My husband opted for the Lasagna al Forno $13 and I chose the Fettuccine alla Boscaiola $14 and our appetizer was the Bruschetta $6; I took a iced tea with lemon/lime unsweetened and he chose the budweiser bottle beer..now here we go!
    Bruschetta was described as: Toasted bread, served with cherry diced tomatoes, olive oil , fresh chopped garlic and fresh basil; It was not TOASTED but it was good. The topping made it very soggy, too soggy but I enjoyed it. My hubby had one (you get 6..they are a $1 each) he hated it said too soggy..couldn't handle the soggy oily bread..but I ate the rest and you will see why soon.
    Here comes the food about 20 minutes into our order...not bad if crowded but we are only table inside and there are about three outside (drinking college aged customers) so I would hate to see how slow on crowded night. Now keep in mind..there is about 20 employees for the dining room milling around us..and not one ask us anything. I had to return my tea (colored water with no flavor) and get a soda..we were there total of 1 hr and 30 minutes and no one asked me if I wanted a refill..I was livid!!
    now our entrees: Tony's Lasagna is described as; Fresh pasta sheet layered with meat sauce mozzarella, bechamel ,and parmigiano--sounds divine..well it was burnt cheese from the fire oven, with gobs of tomato sauce poured over to hide the burnt cheese..but you can taste it guys..Tony and I split it. He liked his portion; I had to give him some of my half back..it was horrible, but I liked the tomato sauce..I needed it here in a bit.
    Then my entree was the Fettuccine described as: Fresh fettuccine pasta tossed with mushroom , Parma prosciutto, green peas in a rich creamy sauce--it was DRY DRY DRY,,,the fettuccine was al a dente, and there was so much Parma Prosciutto with peas it tasted like HAM SPAGHETTI...NASTY..NASTY...NASTy..I took only 2 bites and had to leave it sitting. Tony took 2 bites and we pushed it back. We asked for bread to go with our pasta meals and they brought us BURNT thin pizza crust..NO BREAD in an italian restaurant. we asked for parmesan..they handed us shakers of kraft ...no REAL PARMESAN Cheese..I thought this said ITALIAN restaurant on the door
    Thank God I had my Bruschetta left over that was my dinner..5 pieces of bruschetta (soggy but the best damn thing on my table) with one soda..
    You dont get any bread or side salads when you order this food. One dish meals..our ticket was $42.95 before taxes and then he took a 18% grat. fee on a table top of 2 people..most restaurants due that if you have 6 or more people..not 2..so he gave himself a $7.97 TIP..just took it..so my check was $55 with taxes and his stolen TIP..$55 for one soda pop, some bruschetta and 2 beers..the rest of the table slop...Don't eat HERE!!!! I will never ever ever eat there again, and I will tell everyone who listens..THIS PLACE SUCKS!!!

The Cheesecake Factory: The Cheesecake Factory

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I ate the Cheesecake Factory at Green Hills Mall last holiday season mainly because of the show BIG BANG THEORY..we enjoyed it. The decor was great and lovely, big and airy and the food was not bad..nothing I would have to rush back for....Tony had a Philly Cheesesteak with fries..(fries were good) and I had soup and salad..which was very good with a house dressing and bread and I LOVED THE BREAD ....would go again, but too expensive for not getting the WOW factor

Tin Roof: Tin Roof

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I went here on Sept, 7 about 1:30pm for lunch, the lunch crowd was just dying out, some of the tables were full when we first went in so, we sit in the back. Table was too large for the two of us, and the angle wasn't the best for the TV, but hey ...we know where to sit next time..

We ordered our drinks, myself a Sweet Iced Tea and Tony got his usual Budweiser..Tony ordered a "Italian Sub with fries" and I ordered "Buffalo Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwich with fresh veggies and ranch dressing. We didn't have to wait too long, about 20 minutes for our food..so Tony got a second beer..My tea was a large one, so it lasted, and it was really good. They had lemon and lime for my tea which makes me happy..

The sandwiches were large so we had to take some home with us. They were really good, fresh and hot from the kitchen, but Nothing "WOWED me...:", The restaurant was clean, I loved the atmosphere, the staff was nice and attentive. I am giving them a 4 out of 5 stars, I would go again..but I would order something different, because I am always looking for that..."ummmm ummmm nom nom nom ummmmm" while eating feeling and I didn't get that with this meal. But, I would recommend the restaurant again, and I would go again !!

The ticket with taxes and tip $35..so I would say average priced.. A little high on the beer...but other than that..." you guys go and give it a try!!!"...and let me know !!!

Dave & Buster's: Dave & Buster's - Opry Mills

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Went to Dave n Buster's with my daughter Noelle, Son, Joshua and his girlfriend Brandie..We enjoyed dinner and movie, and of course the games...
    We ordered Tea and sodas to drink..and everyone got some great to eat and they played video games for about an hour and 1/2 before the movie..we enjoyed ourselves.
    It was Brandie's first time to enjoy the Dave n Buster atmosphere...
    Will definitely go again!!!
    Going to share some pics of the great food so check out the album...

Nashville Hotels

Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Nashville Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Nashville locals.
Map of Nashville