Places to eat in Nashville

• Restaurants

Most Viewed Restaurants in Nashville

Dave & Buster's: Dave & Buster's - Opry Mills

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Went to Dave n Buster's with my daughter Noelle, Son, Joshua and his girlfriend Brandie..We enjoyed dinner and movie, and of course the games...
    We ordered Tea and sodas to drink..and everyone got some great to eat and they played video games for about an hour and 1/2 before the movie..we enjoyed ourselves.
    It was Brandie's first time to enjoy the Dave n Buster atmosphere...
    Will definitely go again!!!
    Going to share some pics of the great food so check out the album...

Firehouse Subs: Firehouse Subs

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I am a fan!!! We wanted a good sub so we headed to "Firehouse" Subs on Thompson Lane. We opted to get two separate subs and to try something new..We usually get the Hook and Ladder or the Italian..but tonight we opted for the "New York Steamer Sub" : Corned Beef Brisket, Pastrami, melted Provolone, mustard, mayo and Italian dressing..we had them Fully involved to include Jalapeno, lettuce, tomato and onions...we got the 8" sub for $5.89
    and we also got the " Firehouse Hero Sub" : Premium Roast Beef, Smoked Turkey Breast, Virginia Honey Ham, melted Provolone, served fully involved with onions, tomato, lettuce, mayo, mustard, italian dressing and Jalapeno peppers..
    both were very good...but we both said that the Firehouse Hero was our favorite of the two tonight..
    what is your favorites?

Demo's Restaurant: Demo's Restaurant - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Well, I only give "5" Stars if I get "WOWED"..and I wasn't wowed..but I am giving them four stars.
    Tony and I went about 12:30ish during lunchtime beak. We were seated immediately in a packed dining room. The waitress was extremely busy and a little slow to take our order, but she was busy..so I didn't hold that against her. We ordered soda for me and bottle of Budweiser for Tony (no draft)..He ordered the Italian Sausage Meatball Spaghetti with side salad with ranch dressing and I ordered the Meat Sauce Spaghetti with side salad with Ranch dressing and they gave us a basket of bread.

The food was really good! It came to use quickly. I had never had their spaghetti and I am usually leery of meat sauce or marinara due to I just don't like them sometimes..but the flavor of this sauce was really good. My only complaint..it could have been a little saucier..
    The garlic bread was cheesy and very good, could have used more of it also. The side salad was basically lettuce with ranch dressing..nothing to brag about, could have used some more veggies in the salad, or should have been called...side of Lettuce...they do keep fresh parm cheese on the table so I filled my lettuce with parm cheese...but the ranch was really good.

I would recommend the restaurant. They offer a great daily lunch special but their lunch menu prices are good and the serving size a good value for the price. The entire meal ticket with taxes was less than $20 plus tips.
    I would go again!!! and I recommend you all go also and try it out.

December 7th, 2012:
    Tony and I went back to Demos' while everyone was watching the parade in downtown Nashville, so it was not that crowded. We had a lovely dinner and a awesome waiter, Austin.. We both enjoyed the 7oz Sirlion Medium Rare with Baked Potatoe with Sour cream and butter and side salad with ranch..we like ours the same way so it makes it easy on the servers. Tony had his usual Budweiser beer and I had my unsweetened tea with lemon/ lime..
    We were joined by our new Roommate...George the sock monkey...lol !!! He enjoys going out and doesn't eat much..he is Tony's new drinking partner...lol!!!
    enjoyed the food so much and no complaints. I love this restaurant. The decor is so romantic and calming...highly recommend this restaurant in Nashville, ..I also added some new pictures.
    Enjoy!!!

Old Spaghetti Factory: Old Spaghetti Factory - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I went to the Spaghetti Factory on Friday January 4, 2013 for lunch..and we had a nice lunch together. They open at 11:30 am so we had to wait a little bit. I love this restaurant with all its dark paneling and antique furniture not to mention the cable car in the middle of the main dining area.

Tony and I had the same thing, luncheon size Spaghetti with Silician meatballs and Marinara sauce with side salad with a pesto ranch dressing and bread/butter..it was very good.
    The meatballs had a smoked herb taste gave the mental image of a smoked sausage, Tony tasted a lot of basil and sage in the meatballs..they were very good and large. The lunch size was perfect size for the meal and the pesto ranch dressing is very good. I wish they served fresh parmesan cheese..

I had a soda and he had the beer ( as usual) ..I had to take the rest of mine home in a doggie bag..and Tony had the leftovers for lunch the next day.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

Calypso Cafe: Calypso Cafe

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I decided to stop at Calypso Cafe and get some Takeout. I had never been here before so it was all new to me and Tony was not with me so I opted to get two separate plates and then we would mix them up on to our plates at home and try a little bit of everything.
    I got him the Jamaican Curry Rotisserie Chicken Dark Meat quarter size with Native Cole slaw and Martinque Calloloo ( mustard greens with onions and stewed tomatoes) and the Jamaican Curry is like a strange applesauce with onions and spices...Not sure if I like that Curry or not, but it was definitely different. The Native coleslaw was like normal coleslaw with a mayo vinaigrette sauce..and the mustard Greens are vinaigrette flavored with onions and stewed tomatoes ( you can taste the vinaigrette in the tomatoes)..I like the collards very much and so did Tony..
    The other plate was Rotisserie White Quarter Chicken with a Jerk sauce (hot hot hot on the side) and Cuban Black Beans with raw red onions and sour cream ( very good..highly recommend) and St Lucian Rice..another very good taste..

I would definitely eat here again, but next time stay at the restaurant and enjoy the atmosphere there with the island music playing and the beachy feel to the restaurant. Everyone was friendly.
    The food cost $14 with taxes..but next time we are going to try the family package with a whole chicken and 6 six sides for only $15.95 plus taxes...ummmm good !!!

Bruegger's Bagels: Bruegger's Bagels near Vanderbilt

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I love there bagels for breakfast and brunch ....but I have never tried anything else ...they have soups and sandwiches ...give them a try I highly recommend them ...located near Vanderbilt university!!!

Whenever I go here, I have to park on the street with my flashers on...and I worry while I am in there, but I am always getting something to go and they are delightfully fast...so far...NO Problem..

I am definitely going to go back and try this restaurant for lunch. They have so many bagel choices..my personal favorites are ONION, EVERYTHING and Originial...but there are other varieties as well to enjoy...
    Check them out...grab a bagel, coffee or tea and ENJOY!!!

I received a coupon for a free bagel with cream cheese for my birthday so I stopped by on my way to work one morning and grabbed it. It was a very nice present from them.
    I went in and they were very pleased to accept the coupon and gave me a free soda also to celebrate my birthday. I told them I would like the ONION BAGEL with regular cream cheese and it asked me if I wanted EXTRA ...and smiled..and I accepted of course..
    The bagel was toasted and very good!!
    I appreciate the free breakfast item. Join their EClub and you can also get the free bagel to celebrate your birthday when it arrives ...
    Highly recommend ...very good food..

• Singles

417 Union: 417 Union - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN!!!!
    They have ruined this for me....forever!!!

I was excited about trying this restaurant after reading some reviews from "fellow Yelpers'" and since it was Restaurant Week and they were listed as one of "Nashville's Originals"..I was really excited about eating here!
    I read my husband the reviews and told him that since we were going to the Nashville Convention Center for the RV Show, that we would walk the 2 blocks back to the Restaurant and enjoy some great food (( per the reviews)) and I love anything historical so I was excited to see the interior of the restaurant.
    We left the Convention Center for a nice brisk (wind blowing very coldly) thru the few streets in Nashville to the Arcade and then to the 417 Union Restaurant, just off the alley near the Arcade. We entered through the double doorways and up the few steps to the hostess area. I loved the brick walls and the old wooden high back booths. The gentleman was behind the cashier's counter and I asked him if we had to wait to be seated or seat ourselves, and he said " I will be right with you" and he sort of ran his eyes over my husband Tony and I, making me feel really uncomfortable, but I shrugged it off.
    The gentleman made us wait about 3-4 minutes and then took us into the dining area. I asked him if we could sit at a booth and he scanned the room at the empty tables and said, " Well I guess so, but wouldn't you be more comfortable at a table?" I said "NO I would really like to sit in one of the booths please!"..so he threw, yes threw the menus on the table and said "what would you like to drink?" I told him I would like a fountain drink and if he had Budweiser on tap? He said "I thought you wanted soda?"..I said YES, but my husband would like the beer..he said "OH you order for him?"..and walked off..
    When he came back, he asked if we were ready to order. I said "Yes, we would like to take advantage of the Restaurant Week Special" he said we are NOT honoring that on the weekend. I said, "Oh really, it doesn't say that on the website. Also, your door has a window cling saying you are involved until 20th which is Sunday"...he said I am sorry but we are not honoring that, so what else would you like. I said, can you check with the manager?
    He huffed off and then came back within 2 minutes and said, NO we aren't doing it...so what else would you like? I told him, nothing..we would finish our drinks and leave! He said, Well I am sorry, you can still order something else. I said for the same special offer of $20.13 and he said "NO! We aren't honor the special today!" and he raised his voice, I felt like people were staring..so I told him we would just eat somewhere else. Tony paid the check for the $3.50 for the beer, they didn't charge me for my soda...but HELL a FREE SODA is not going to make up for FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!
    I told him I was going to leave a negative review and his attitude as he walked away was "SO WHAT!!!"...so I will never go here again!!! NEVER EVER EVER, I don't care if I won Free Food for a month!!! Never Ever EVER again!!!!
    The staff was ***ty and I don't like to be treated like DIRT!!! There are too many restaurants in Nashville to be treated this way!!!!

SONIC: Sonic...car hop

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Something different from the normal breakfast food fare!!!
    I usually stop at McDonald's on the way to the office, but today I opted to try something different. I was pleasantly surprised to realize you can order anything off the menu, NOT just breakfast food, so at 6:15am, I opted for a soda and Chicago dog...yippee!!! A breakfast for champions!

I really don't eat at Sonic except for 1/2 price drinks at happy hour from 2-4pm every day and before 10am. I like to take advantage of the large drinks for a little over a $1...call me a scrooge or money miser, but IF I CAN SAVE I will SAVE!!! Everyone is like that!

• Seniors

Boscos Restaurant & Brewery: Boscos - near Vanderbilt

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

I was going to go to the Corner Pub but they were closed so we opted to head over near Vanderbilt and I thought of Boscos. I have been wanting to try this restaurant. It was pouring down the rain, but luckily they have a large parking lot in the back that they share with Sam's Bar and Grill. The alley beside Boscos leads to the parking area which is rather large and a blessing in this area since everything is always so busy and crowded.
    We got there about 11:45, parked and ran to the entrance in the front. We went in and were immediately greeted by the hostess who was very lovely and dry...lol !! I was wet like a drowned RAT!!! They seated us mid way in the back and the restaurant was full but not overly crowded,, because this restaurant is very large and roomy. The tables and booths have more than ample space to sit and move around..it was pleasant to know we were not going to be herded in and crammed in like cattle..(( one of my pet peeves by the way)))
    I noticed the nice table settings and the lovely dishes. There was a two piece band in the front window playing some lovely chamber music, more classical than Jazz, but lovely..we were half way back so with the talking of the crowd..I couldn't hear the music as well as I did when I first went inside..
    The hostess showed us the seats and gave us our menus and then I noticed BRUNCH ONLY!!! So, when the waiter approached us for our drink orders I asked for a lunch menu and he said "I am sorry but on Sunday we do Brunch from 10:30 to 3pm. The menu looked awesome and IF I was in the mood for Brunch foods, I would have ordered and tried their food, but I was wanting FISH or CHICKEN. so we made our apologies and departed.
    I wasn't trying to be rude, the restaurant was lovely, the staff very friendly and efficient, but the Brunch Menu was just not what I was wanting, but now I know and when I am in Brunch MODE...this will be my first choice..
    So we got up and left, and opted to dart in next door at Sam's..
    Can't wait to try Boscos for a normal lunch or dinner menu..
    but it was extremely large, roomy and lovely !!!

• Singles

Bolton's Hot Chicken: Bolton's Hot Chicken

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

OMG!!! We were so excited to try this restaurant, especially after reading all the great reviews...so here goes our experience at Bolton's...
    We arrived a little after 5pm. They have NO PARKING except two or three spots in front, which means you have to back out into traffic when you leave. So we pulled to the very large parking lot on the side (( which I found out belongs to the cigarette store)) so I had to go inside the cigarette store buy some cigarettes and beer and beg them NOT TO TOW my car since I was actually one of their customers..it cost me $12

Went into Bolton's which is a very small location, and situated between the Chicken restaurant and the Cigarette store is a Bar called "That's Cool"...a small dive bar but it actually looks bigger inside than the Chicken Store..The Building outside is Bright Red color and inside is bright Yellow..very bright colors...pretty nice.
    The young lovely lady behind the counter singing ( no music in the restaurant) but she wasn't have bad...was very friendly and greeted us immediately. I explained to her that it was our first time, she recommended the Chicken plate with 2 sides.
    So Tony and I agreed..she said she had several flavors of chicken, : Non Spicy, and Spicy..
    and with the Spicy there were several degrees of spicy..Mild, Hot and Extra Hot..
    so we tried the HOT...not the Extra HOT..
    Tony chose the mac n cheese and turnip greens, and I went with the Green Beans and Potato Salad..She told us to have a seat at one of the booths and she would bring it to us.
    I ordered a bottle of water for $2 and Tony brought in his own beer from the cigarette store since they didn't sell any and she said it would be alright..
    We thought that was kind of cool....Bring your own Bottle atmosphere.!!!
    She brought our dinner to us in about 5 minutes...OMG !!!
    It smelled so good, but the Chicken looked like it was dredged in pure Cayenne Pepper and Hot Sauce...it was so hot!!!

Tony took a bite of the chicken and he turned BLUE...he said OMG...this is so freaking HOT...and he immediately grabbed his beer and almost sucked it down in one drink...and he was still fuming and blowing smoke..I was afraid of even tasting mine. I took a bite of my beans (awesome by the way) and I took a few bites of Potato Salad and it was very good too..then I took a bite of my chicken and I was ON FIRE !!!! I was ON FIRE!!! My eyes was watering and my nosy was running and I couldn't taste anything..it burnt the taste buds off my tongue...
    I literally drank almost the entire 16 oz bottle of water in one drink..thank good for the 2 slices of bread that came with the meal I had to shove it in my mouth to help cool it off. I couldn't eat my skin at all...I had to try and pick out the chicken meat off the bones under the skin with a plastic fork and knife...hard as hell by the way..finally I had to throw them aside and use my fingers but I still couldn't get that much without the hot skin flavor....I couldn't finish my chicken. My blood pressure was up, my facing on fire and my lips felt like the skin was burnt clean off..The waitress said it was the Hot ..I was afraid that they got the spicy levels mixed up and gave us the extra hot by accident...Tony still thinks that they gave us the Extra Hot and was laughing at us from the Kitchen...

I would have to give this restaurant a Three, the flavor or spicy level of the chicken was too hot and I could NOT ENJOY my food. I felt it was a $20 gone that I will never get back..I didn't enjoy it at all. They had no TEA only water and soda...I wanted the Iced Tea...I had been craving some good tea all day..and the waitress had said the HOT wasn't that bad...so I felt I wasn't given good advice...so I am not happy and I can't give this a great rating..I am not even sure I could even eat here again..too many restaurants in Nashville to make the same mistake twice...

If you like Hotter than HELL Spicy Chicken..then this is the place for you !!!!
    I love hot and enjoy Spicy...but this was unbearable!!!!

Gold Rush: Gold Rush near Vanderbilt

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Drinks only!! We stumbled upon this location by accident. We were headed to Rotier's but they were standing room only and lined down the sidewalk ...UGH!!!! Too cold for that, so we went down the road a bit and found a meter in front of Gold Rush. So we went in. There was only one table left in the back. It was about 12;30 so we ordered a Unsweetened tea with lemon/lime and Tony ordered a Budweiser in a bottle..The room was rather dark.
    We looked over their brunch menu and the regular menu but nothing looked good to me, nothing jumped off the menu at me and for Bar food it was rather high.
    We might go back another time to try them out. there was a few pool tables in another room and then some tables with a large full size bar fully stocked. It was very nice!!
    There was tv's everywhere and sports were playing.
    There was a lot of bar food choices and we will come back another time.
    For the one beer and the one tea, $6 with taxes, not too bad!!!

There was a lot of locals there because they seemed to know the waitresses by name.
    A friendly restaurant. We look forward to going back another time!!!

• Wine Tasting

Which Wich: Which Wich - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

June 12, 2012 was the first time I ever went to this restaurant and I love it. I am a big sub person anyway. I love subs. Especially the Italian Subs hot or cold. I like this location because he pic your meats, cheese and veggies.

I prefer the location downtown on 4th avenue near my job. I can walk there and back during my 30 minute lunch break. I like it because you can order a different sandwich combination every day and never eat the same sandwich twice during a work month...and they are reasonably priced.

Go grab a sub and let me know what you think about them...which wich are YOU?

Basmah Sweet & Pastry: Basmah Sweet & Pastry

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

I am a fan of Basmah Sweets and Pastry shop. For weeks when it first opened I would drive by and wonder....ummm what is in there? would I like it? then I would scare myself about trying something different...what type of sweets or baked goods would this be?/
    So finally one day, I bucked up my fear and went in...and THANK GOODNESS I did!!!
    I love the sweets here..

The worker /owner was very friendly, answered all my questions and allowed me to taste the sweets before I purchased any. I would definitely have to write the unique names down because I forget so easily. I enjoy the Baklak the most...figs, apples, nuts, sugar...and pastry dough...very very very good!!! I have been a few times now and I always end up with the same thing...even though I taste tons of stuff that are really good...I guess I am a creature of habit.
    But I will go back again and next time share some photos of the great sweet treats!!!

Sub Stop: Sub Stop

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

WELL, I guess it depends on who you ask..Who has the best Subs in Nashville???
    Get ready for a vast variety of answers, so I decided to jot a few names down that kept starting to repeat and SUB STOP RESTAURANT was a fore runner..so I decided to give it a whirl.
    I called Tony on the phone and told him I was going to bring Subs home for dinner and that I was going to stop at a new location to get our dinner..His favorite is "Jersey Mikes" on Thompson Ln. Mine is "Firehouse Subs" also on Thompson Lane..but hey, we are up for a change...I guess that's why I am a Yelp Elite..I am game for anything new and I will give you my opinion...And we know what they say about OPINIONS right/???
    Anyway, back to the restaurant.
    You can't miss the restaurant. It is off broadway near West End split and the brightest Pink building you will ever see in Nashville anyway..Sort of a Peptobismol Pink sort of a stucco type of structure..they do have a parking lot on the side but very narrow..so be careful.
    Inside it is large and roomy..the tables are scattered around and there are about four booths with high black backs..looks very old..I think they could be antiques but they have been painted (not good if they are...) and then there is the counter. The menu hangs above the counter ..you have your choices of subs and deluxe subs, half or whole,, white bread or wheat. several cheese choices and then the fixings...also you can order hot or cold, for here or to go!!!
    There is also salads and soups and a few desserts. Soda and Teas ...so it has a pretty vast menu choices. I ordered the Full size Italian Sub on White bread with the fixings with jalapenos on the side cold and to go...and a large tea with lemon..It was only $10.07 with the taxes..Great deal!!!!
    Got the Giant sub home and Tony jumped on it before I could get a picture to share, and I have to admit it was a good sub..NOT the Best for me!!! I am still very partial to Firehouse Subs and Tony is still a fan of Jersey Mike. We did like the food and we would eat there again! I would choose another sub next time and maybe next time I will opt to eat there. I enjoy eating out more than Take out!!!
    Who else feels that this is the Best Sub Shop in Nashville? I am willing to give it another chance to change me into a believer!!!!

Pita Pit: Pita Pit

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Love any sandwich wrap they offer. If you go here, sign up for the Club Card..you can earn points to earn free food!! They also will give you some coupons time to time for free soda or something off the price of the food.. Great food!

I love food there, and its a lot like subway you can choose the food that you put on the wraps. You can choose the veggies, the dressings, and then of course the protein element. My favorite here is the Chicken Club. I always get the whole wheat wrap which is very thin and special made for them at a local bakery ( I asked because I was trying to find some to make my own at home)
    it is like a big pouch.!!! They put in your topping choices mine is Spinach, Avocado, tomatoes, red onions, black olives, Jalapenos, black beans, seasoning (salt pepper and oregano) with feta cheese and my sauce is Jalapeno Ranch ...They then add the freshly grilled meat choice and wrap it tight. AS they start to wrap they also scrunch to give it a tight roll that holds firm.

You can eat there, even though small location (historical old building on 2nd) it is roomy and open inside. Or they will wrap it to walk and eat, or just to go back to the office (which is how I order it)..
    I love this restaurant its only a few blocks from my office and I go here every now and then. I am on a diet (always) so the food is FRESH and Great Pricing!! and DELICIOUS!!!!
    If you get a chance to eat downtown, try out this great restaurant!!! You will not be disappointed !!!

Nashville Hotels

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashvillle
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Nashville Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Nashville locals.
Map of Nashville