Places to eat in Nashville

• Restaurants

Most Viewed Restaurants in Nashville

Which Wich: Which Wich - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

June 12, 2012 was the first time I ever went to this restaurant and I love it. I am a big sub person anyway. I love subs. Especially the Italian Subs hot or cold. I like this location because he pic your meats, cheese and veggies.

I prefer the location downtown on 4th avenue near my job. I can walk there and back during my 30 minute lunch break. I like it because you can order a different sandwich combination every day and never eat the same sandwich twice during a work month...and they are reasonably priced.

Go grab a sub and let me know what you think about them...which wich are YOU?

Basmah Sweet & Pastry: Basmah Sweet & Pastry

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

I am a fan of Basmah Sweets and Pastry shop. For weeks when it first opened I would drive by and wonder....ummm what is in there? would I like it? then I would scare myself about trying something different...what type of sweets or baked goods would this be?/
    So finally one day, I bucked up my fear and went in...and THANK GOODNESS I did!!!
    I love the sweets here..

The worker /owner was very friendly, answered all my questions and allowed me to taste the sweets before I purchased any. I would definitely have to write the unique names down because I forget so easily. I enjoy the Baklak the most...figs, apples, nuts, sugar...and pastry dough...very very very good!!! I have been a few times now and I always end up with the same thing...even though I taste tons of stuff that are really good...I guess I am a creature of habit.
    But I will go back again and next time share some photos of the great sweet treats!!!

Sub Stop: Sub Stop

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

WELL, I guess it depends on who you ask..Who has the best Subs in Nashville???
    Get ready for a vast variety of answers, so I decided to jot a few names down that kept starting to repeat and SUB STOP RESTAURANT was a fore runner..so I decided to give it a whirl.
    I called Tony on the phone and told him I was going to bring Subs home for dinner and that I was going to stop at a new location to get our dinner..His favorite is "Jersey Mikes" on Thompson Ln. Mine is "Firehouse Subs" also on Thompson Lane..but hey, we are up for a change...I guess that's why I am a Yelp Elite..I am game for anything new and I will give you my opinion...And we know what they say about OPINIONS right/???
    Anyway, back to the restaurant.
    You can't miss the restaurant. It is off broadway near West End split and the brightest Pink building you will ever see in Nashville anyway..Sort of a Peptobismol Pink sort of a stucco type of structure..they do have a parking lot on the side but very narrow..so be careful.
    Inside it is large and roomy..the tables are scattered around and there are about four booths with high black backs..looks very old..I think they could be antiques but they have been painted (not good if they are...) and then there is the counter. The menu hangs above the counter ..you have your choices of subs and deluxe subs, half or whole,, white bread or wheat. several cheese choices and then the fixings...also you can order hot or cold, for here or to go!!!
    There is also salads and soups and a few desserts. Soda and Teas ...so it has a pretty vast menu choices. I ordered the Full size Italian Sub on White bread with the fixings with jalapenos on the side cold and to go...and a large tea with lemon..It was only $10.07 with the taxes..Great deal!!!!
    Got the Giant sub home and Tony jumped on it before I could get a picture to share, and I have to admit it was a good sub..NOT the Best for me!!! I am still very partial to Firehouse Subs and Tony is still a fan of Jersey Mike. We did like the food and we would eat there again! I would choose another sub next time and maybe next time I will opt to eat there. I enjoy eating out more than Take out!!!
    Who else feels that this is the Best Sub Shop in Nashville? I am willing to give it another chance to change me into a believer!!!!

Pita Pit: Pita Pit

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Love any sandwich wrap they offer. If you go here, sign up for the Club Card..you can earn points to earn free food!! They also will give you some coupons time to time for free soda or something off the price of the food.. Great food!

I love food there, and its a lot like subway you can choose the food that you put on the wraps. You can choose the veggies, the dressings, and then of course the protein element. My favorite here is the Chicken Club. I always get the whole wheat wrap which is very thin and special made for them at a local bakery ( I asked because I was trying to find some to make my own at home)
    it is like a big pouch.!!! They put in your topping choices mine is Spinach, Avocado, tomatoes, red onions, black olives, Jalapenos, black beans, seasoning (salt pepper and oregano) with feta cheese and my sauce is Jalapeno Ranch ...They then add the freshly grilled meat choice and wrap it tight. AS they start to wrap they also scrunch to give it a tight roll that holds firm.

You can eat there, even though small location (historical old building on 2nd) it is roomy and open inside. Or they will wrap it to walk and eat, or just to go back to the office (which is how I order it)..
    I love this restaurant its only a few blocks from my office and I go here every now and then. I am on a diet (always) so the food is FRESH and Great Pricing!! and DELICIOUS!!!!
    If you get a chance to eat downtown, try out this great restaurant!!! You will not be disappointed !!!

M Restaurant & Bar: M Restaurant & Bar

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

The strawberry shortbread tart is to die for!!!!
    Tony and I enjoyed a dinner at this lovely restaurant that was amazing.
    We enjoyed the Cheese, Fruit and cracker appetizer plate (we shared) with glasses of White Wine...very romantic. The restaurant was lovely and modern inside. We were seated a lovely table near the large windows. The tables were set lovely with black table clothes and linen and lovely white plate servings and silverware and crystal glasses...GORGEOUS!!!
    If weren't already married I would think he was proposing ...lol !!!
    The second course was Fried Green Tomatoes with a Goat Cheese Pimento Spread and Bacon Marmalade sauce with onions and a Srirachi Aiole Sauce drizzled across the top served on some greens..another Amazing plate...I had to snap a picture..or two!!
    Also some more delicious white wine!!
    The place was packed with people eating and enjoying the evening. The wait staff was amazing, answering questions and quick to fill the empty wine glass..the main course was " Jumbo Shrimp on Creamy Cheddar Grits" on some greens with a Cajun Spicy sauce over the shrimp. It was good and Tony's favorite dish of the evening.
    For dessert we were served a Strawberry tart over a chocolate dipped cookie shortbread base with some lemon-vanilla creamy middle..OMG...amazing..and I think it had some Ginger grated over the top with a mint leaf...It was Sexy to look at and the taste was mind-blowing..I literally dreamed about this little piece of heaven!!! I want another one!!
    Maybe I will stroll over there just for ONE MORE Bite of Sexiness!!!! in the form of a sinful dessert at the M. Restaurant and Bar. Finally we had a dessert drink in the form of a Hot Toddy of sorts with Tennessee sipping Whiskey served with coffee and whipped cream..served warm in a coffee mug..I need another one of these!!!
    Anyone want a great evening of Romance and Sexy food with great company...take your Mate to M. Restaurant and Bar in Nashville..!!!

Favorite Dish: Cummins Station
    209 10th Ave S, Ste 223
    Nashville, TN 37204

• Wine Tasting

Jersey Mike's: Jersey Mike's

I get the HOT Pepper Relish on the side
    I love this sub shop and I wish we had one of these back in West Virginia so my family can enjoy these sandwiches...they are AWESOME!!

I have tried several different subs here but mine and Tony both love number #13 the Jersey Mike's Original..we love it..we share it and we get it loaded with all the veggies minus dill pickles..don't like those on subs..but we do love the jalapenos and vinegar...

Give me another Jersey Mike's....!!! ANYTIME !!!

Papa Murphy's Pizza: Papa Murphy's Pizza

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Great Pizza and Great Prices with the freshest Ingredients!!!
    It's like subway but in Pizza form!!! I would like to open one of these Franchises back home in West Virginia. There is NO PAPA MURPHY's there and its a great concept, and I love the food!!

They have great coupon specials and great prices. You can get the $5 faves either Sausage, a Pepperoni or a cheese...on a thin like crust..Any day every day all day!!! Also you get to watch them make your pizza fresh..There are no ovens so you have to take it home and bake it. There are no seats, because you can't eat it there, NO OVENS you have to take it home and bake it!!!
    Plop it in the oven on 425 and bake!!!

One of my favorites is the Chicago Double Stuffed Crust pizza...and right now they have it on special for $10 for the month of April!!! Time to get my Pizza Grub ON !!!

Jimmy John's: Jimmy John's

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I work at AT&T in the "Bat Building" downtown Nashville and every now and then we have some restaurant carry food in. Today there was about 54 of us who received our lunch FREE from "JIMMY JOHN'S" as an incentive for perfect attendance for the month of January 2013.

I had never eaten anything from Jimmy John's before, but I enjoy subs so I was happy about the reward. I wasn't sure what to order and a co-worker recommended that I try the "VITO" which is their Italian Sub. We were getting a box lunch meal with the sandwich ( 6 inches), chips, Pickle and a cookie. It was really good.

I had chosen my sandwich on White Bread and the Vito fully loaded with all the veggies on the sandwich. I didn't eat my pickle or my chips, I shared them with a co-worker and the Cookie I brought home for Tony. But, I ate my sandwich.
    It was really good.
    I would eat there again.
    It's not my favorite sub in Nashville, but it was really good. I recommend it to others and I would eat there again!

Applebee's Neighborhood Bar & Grill: Applebee's Neighborhood Bar & Grill

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Not my best experience, and I hate leaving bad reviews...but this dinner was MIXED...so here goes..
    Tony and I arrived a little after 5pm after my doctor appt., so it wasn't that busy. More people sitting at the bar and more cars in the parking lot, but we were seated immediately. The waitress was quickly at our table introducing herself and taking our drink order. Tony ordered the $2 small draft of Budweiser (14 oz) and I ordered my unsweetened tea with lemon and lime.
    We went over the menu slowly because we haven't been there for a while. I opted to order off the Weight Watchers friendly menu, The Napa Chicken with Mushrooms/Onions season Zucchini and peppers with Oven roasted potatoes with a Soy Based sauce..sort of sweet and bitter but good!!!
    Tony ordered the Cajun Steak and Shrimp plate with spinach, tomatoes, onions mushrooms and oven roasted potatoes. It was looked really good on the menu. We waited about 15 to 20 minutes and finally the waitress brought our food to our table. Mine looked delicious but Tony's plate was all wrong....they brought the wrong entree the Cajun Shrimp Pasta..I stopped the waitress...hey..this was the wrong entree and she was like...oh but I thought that is what you wanted...so we were like NO WAY, please bring the right entree..
    So we had to wait..and mine was cold by the time they brought his plate. But his was delicious!!! Worth the wait...mine was cold..it would have been good if hot!!!
    The waitress brought Tony another beer and myself a tea refill but she didn't take anything off the check..
    The manager walked by us three or four times, he could see my plate sitting there and Tony with no plate..no one offered to recook or even reheat mine..I was very upset but I didn't want to send it back because I didn't want any unwanted items added to my plate....((( spit, hair, etc..)) so I have decided NOT to go back to this Applebee's ever again..which is a shame because it is so close to my apartment..but hey there are a ton of additional restaurants in Nashville just waiting to take my money and feed me!!!
    So I will be okay, but I had to leave this review!!! But, Tony's food once he got it was very good!! I do have to admit that. I did sneak a few bites of his and the Cajun sauce was "to die for"...recommend the dish, recommend the restaurant chain...just don't recommend this location !!!!

Panera Bread: Panera Bread Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I love Panera Bread ...truly I do !! I eat at the one downtown location on Commerce Street but this was the first time at this location and I was a little disappointed...the locations is large and has a great parking lot...a big plus !!! The inside is large and comfortable and serene !!! Another plus !!!

I usually get the bagel and cream cheese for breakfast but this time the lady made a suggestion for a sandwich with Turkey and sundried tomatoes with egg and cheese on a roll squished together and grilled like a panini sandwich..she highly recommended it ...so I said "sure why not" sounds good and healthy..since I am always dieting...
    but UGH!!!! Not a great combination..the sun dried tomato was glumped in the middle and nasty tasting and I usually like sun dried tomatoes..it needs some greens like spinach to add some color and more healthy...the guys that were making it was so busy talking about their conquest the night before and sort of burned the sandwich..that's what i get for trying something out of the box !!!

I would not order it again!! I will go back to my standards!!!
    I will try this location again, because I like the size and decor inside.

One other thing I am upset about, i spend a lot of money each time I eat here and I never seem to be gaining any free or discounted products with my panera card...it is suppose to be for loyalty...but I don't seem to be getting too much "punch" for my dollars...where are my loyalty gifts?

Hog Heaven: Hog Heaven is located near the Park

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Okay...we have been here a few times but it was always closed.. so tonight ...We said...let's try it again!!! So, yes it is hard to find...Tooked behind McDonalds beside the Centennial Park and attached to a Dive Bar called "Springwater"...yes a dive bar!!!

When we first got there we entered into the bar...looked around ...where is the food..the bartender asked if we needed help..I said I am looking for H..og Heaven..she smiled threw down her dishrag and said,..they are next door..go order you some food and come back here to get a cold beer...I said "Sure"...knowing as soon as I escaped I was not going back in there..lol!!

So we went next door to HOG HEAVEN..I was a little surprised..I thought it wrould be a restaurant with waitresses, boothes, etc...but NOPE outside all the way..Picnic style..We went up to the window and ordered our food. I had a $6 coupon from the Entertainment Book...and with the reviews on here, we said..let's try it.

I ordered the Pulled Pork plate with the white BBQ sauce with a side of black-eyed peas and potato salad and a cold pepsi. Tony ordered the Spareribs plate with Mac n cheese and Baked Beans...they served us both a corn bread flapjack...so we opted to take our dinner home since they are NOT licensed to sell beer and I would not eat in the dive bar Springwater Next door. So we went home...

Once home we shared the sides. The mac n Cheese was very good and so was the Potato Salad.. The baked beans were good but not the best and the black eyed peas need seasoning..but the meat was so darn good and so much of it..Enough for Tony to have leftovers for lunch...he combined both our leftovers and tuck away in the fridge for tomorrow. So with Taxes, Tip, Coupon...it was $17..not bad..for a very filling dinner and enough for Tony a great lunch the next day!!! I would go here again! and I highly recommend to all to at least try it out..

DeSano Pizza Bakery: DeSano Pizza Bakery near Vanderbilt

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Tony and I went to dinner Friday at DeSano Pizza Bakery. I am so glad we went. I really enjoyed the restaurant. The parking lot is large and Free. The inside is large and open, airy like a warehouse...You go in the area where you order the pizza, get your drinks and salads..or pick up some pasta or sauces to take out with you home...
    Then you go into the next area to eat..and it is even larger in there. There are three large pizza ovens for open oven fire wood pizzas...of course the best ways to cook pizza. We ordered the Diavola with pepperoni, spicy italian salami, buffalo mozzarella cheese and capachian peppers ...(( italian long red hot peppers...spicy and good)))...
    I kid you not we no more than entered the dining area, where there a long wooden picnic style community seating...our pizza was whisked out to us on a large serving tray..which serves as your dinner space...lol !!!
    This pizza was so good!! Not the best...but it was very very good.. I still like pizza perfect in Nashville and I still love Community Pie in Chattanooga..but I will definitely go here again!!
    I will definitely try other pizzas...I can't wait to try more pizzas and find my DeSano favorite.
    I am going to take my daughter here when she moves to Nashville next June 2014..
    I am on to my next pizza search!!!
    I recommend and I will go again!!!

• Wine Tasting

Pied Piper Creamery: Pied Piper Creamery on the East End

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

This is a quaint little place in Historic East End of Nashville..
    I can't wait to go back here with my daughter..
    I highly recommend if you are out walking about taking photos enjoying the afternoon to stop in..you will not be disappointed

T. G. I. Friday's: T. G. I. Fridays at the Opry Mills Mall

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Feb 3, 2014

Oh my goodness...we went to TGI Friday's for lunch and I am always a fan...
    We sit in the bar area because we enjoy the seating and the feel of individual televisions. We were watching some Hockey..

We opted to order our normal "Wings and Spinach Flatbread Pizza" with his usual Budweiser and my unsweetened tea with lemon and lime...but we saw the table top card showing off the New STACKED Cheeseburgers....so we changed our mind..

We ordered the Philly Stacked Cheeseburger with fries..and the Spinach Flatbread Pizza...with our drink order...and OMG...that burger was so Delicious!!!!
    I am not much of a burger person, but when I do bite into one that is over the top...I have to mention it..

This burger was so FREAKING good and I was realizing I wished I had ordered my own...lol!!! We always order and share...and I hated the idea that I had to give up the other half of my burger...I wanted to be selfish and EAT it all myself...
    Darn it!!
    Next time I definitely WILL !!!
    I highly recommend this Burger!!!
    It cost $11 and some change with fries...yes $11 almost $12 for a burger..but worth every penny and every BITE.....

Awesome restaurant with Awesome food!! I have always loved TGI Friday's, but this one in the Opry Mills Mall is in a great location and a great size. It has plenty of room and lots of tables and televisions. What I liked the best was setting in the bar area. They have televisions on the outside and the inside of bar area..so that way if your setting on bar stool or at a booth in the bar area..you can see a television without any viewing issues.

I like sitting at the booths in the bar area..when you sit there at your table and watch the television screen RIGHT IN FRONT of you ...it's like your setting on your couch at home watching the television and having a waiter cater to your every need.
    We enjoy the food at Friday's also. I like the Spinach Florentine Flatbread and the Pork Pot Stickers on the appetizer's menu!!!

Tony and I went to the restaurant to enjoy food, drink and watching the Charlotte 49ers in the Atlantic 10 conference playoffs in Brooklyn NY..My nephew is there 6'4'' point guard ((Henry))
    so it was a great location!!! Our waitress was also the bartender, Julia..she was so helpful. She greeted us quickly I ordered my usual Unsweetened Tea with Lemon and Lime and Tony got his regular Budweiser in a bottle.

We decided to get the Pick 2 for $10. I ordered the Pork Pot Stickers and Dragonfire Chicken and Tony ordered the Spinach Florentine Flatbread and Garlicky Grilled Shrimp. We shared the appetizers and I have to admit I enjoyed the Flatbread the most!!! It was much better than the potstickers but I liked them both a lot!!!

They brought us our entrees quickly..I really enjoyed my Dragonfire Chicken..I tasted Tony's Shrimp (which was good) but I liked mine best. There was rice and broccoli included with my entree and I enjoyed it. I was full so I had to bring my leftovers home (which I turned into an awesome pizza later that night...just some FYI)

We enjoyed our dinner and drinks. Watched the 49ers beat the smokies off the Richmond Spiders...it was a great afternoon!!!
    With our receipt we received a survey for a $8 off our next visit for a free appetizer!! Great job Friday's!!! We have 30 days to use it!!
    Our ticket for the meal entertainment and drinks was only $40 with taxes and tip!!

• TerriNesbitt's Profile Photo

The Cupcake Collection: Best Cupcakes!

by TerriNesbitt Written May 30, 2013

Home made from scratch cupcakes in so many flavors I can't name them. It's a quaint little business in a campus area, located in an old house. Their cupcakes are on $1.50 and each one is big enough to share between two, or even three who want a small serving. Among my favorites are the Lemonade and the Wedding Cake. But Red Velvet and Strawberry can't go without mention. If you are in Nashville, look them up!

Favorite Dish: Lemon and Wedding Cake cupcakes

Nashville Hotels

Latest Nashville Hotel Reviews

Gaylord Opryland Hotel
Latest: Jul 20, 2014
Microtel Inn And Suites Nashville (Bellevue)
Baymont Inn And Suites Nashville Whitebridge
Radisson Hotel Opryland
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashvillle

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Nashville Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Nashville locals.
Map of Nashville