Soul food, Nashville

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 11 Reviews

• BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with bacon macn' chez
    BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with bacon...
    by butterflykizzez04
    Hot Chicken on honey drizzled hot cake
    by butterflykizzez04
    Great Entertainment
    by Rabbityama
  • butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

The Row Kitchen & Pub: Row Kitchen and Pub near Vandy

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014
    The Root Beer is draft and homebrewed

This was my first visit to the Row Kitchen & Pub..I was actually going to the Soulshine Pizza but changed my mind. Wanted to try something new and different. I checked it out on my Yelp app on my phone and they have great reviews.

We actually opened the place and it filled up fast.
    We were seated in the bar area which is so open and airy. It has access to the outside patio area with garage doors that open the whole area up. The bar is so big and long..fully stocked but Tony's beer was hot. They must have not stocked the night before.

I ordered a Fresh made Root Beer. I forget the maker but it was so so so good and only $3.50. Tony ordered a Budweiser Light longneck for $3.50 but it was hot.
    I was also given a free appetizer of Fried Pickles given to me by the Yelp app. a great gift valued at only $8...not a big fan of fried pickles but it wasn't bad..

Tony ordered the Pulled Pork sandwich with slaw on the side. With a side of bacon mac n' cheese..I tasted both and it was good. Especially the bacon mac n cheese. I ordered the Hot Chicken which was served on a pancake style cornbread drizzled with honey. They then topped with creamy homemade slaw, and placed the large piece of hot bread chicken on top of the slaw pile with a slice of pickle on top...the hotness of the chicken oozed down into the slaw and the sweet honey corn pancake..it was delicious..I also choose the brussel sprouts with bacon for my side...OMG..i would do this meal again.

All in all the check was only less than $30 with taxes. Left her a 15% tip..she was very friendly and attentive. I would go here again and eat. I highly recommend. Let me know what you think..

Favorite Dish: Got to get the HOT CHICKEN !!! To Die for!!!

• Beer Tasting

• Levipre's Profile Photo

Monell's Dining & Catering: Missing the family? Come to Monell's

by Levipre Updated Apr 4, 2011

Monell's in Nashville

In a word, Family! Family Style Dining, Family Atomosphere, Servers treat you like Family

If you are in need of some TLC come to Monell's, you WILL NOT BE SORRY!

"Great Southern food served family-style in a historic setting!! "

Favorite Dish: Tons of food, Pass the Fried Chicken, can I have some peas, yo don't hog all those biscuts!

You sit at a big table with perfect strangers and before long ya'll are becoming family... Sharing food, stories, laughs!

Can you tell, I really LOVE Monell's... I would eat there every day but I'd get big as a barn!

You MUST try their Fried Chicken and Cheese Biscuts! Fantastico!

• Business Travel

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Monell's: Starve for at least a day before coming here...

by travelmad478 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Monell's is a great institution, and one of the few places in Nashville where both black and white residents of the city come together. The Southern home cooking is excellent, and you will not be able to get out of there without eating at least twice as much as you thought you could. The cool thing about this restaurant is that it is set up family-style: you sit at big tables along with other diners, and the food is brought out in big platters that everyone takes and passes. No menus--just sit down and start eating.

Favorite Dish: We went to Saturday morning breakfast at Monell's. Here's what was served (I might have forgotten a few things): pancakes, apple compote, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, country ham, bacon, home fried potatoes, cheese grits, and FRIED CHICKEN. Yes, this was breakfast. We didn't need to eat again until dinnertime, and even then, it was tough.

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Hog Heaven: Barbecue--a must eat

by travelmad478 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I got a lot of suggestions on where to go for barbecue. We ended up at Hog Heaven, a takeout place right next to Centennial Park. Grab a platter of ribs, pick your side dishes, and take your picnic right over to the park lawn, where you can eat your meal in the shadow of the Parthenon.

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo

Dixieland Delight: Food and Free Entertainment!

by Rabbityama Written Apr 13, 2006

Great Entertainment

The Dixieland Delight, on Broadway Street, is hard to miss, since there is a large ice cream cone statue outside of it. Although you can buy many desserts, like ice cream and chocolates, they also sell simple meals, like hot dogs, nachos, various deli sandwiches, pretzels, and burgers. The prices are quite low, and the food is good. It may not sound very exciting, but the great thing about Dixieland Delight, is the area in the front of the store where musicians come to sing! While you sit and enjoy your food or ice cream, you can also listen to the entertainers sing and play instruments. Usually they'll take requests, and the music genre is country, so you'll get a true taste of Nashville! If you like what you hear, there is a tip jar for the musician, so leave them a dollar or two! It's definitely worth it!

• Music

• Jack's Bar-B-Que: BBQ

by peach93 Written Feb 19, 2006

Jack's

This place is awesome, a real treat for me because you just can't get good barbeque north of the Mason-Dixon. Jack's is a little place, not too many tables, where you order and pay at the counter. Upon ordering they open up a huge smoker behind the counter and take out what you want and cut it to order. Their sides are great, too. They have everything from the obligatory mac n' cheese to cole slaw and my favorite, barbeque beans. Mmmm. Their barbecue sauces are great, too.

Favorite Dish: I had the pulled pork sandwich, but I can't imagine anything they have being bad.

• hersheybar's Profile Photo

Uncle Bud's Catfish: how 'bout somethin fried?

by hersheybar Updated Oct 27, 2003

.....I stopped here following a rather active morning of mountain biking at a place close by called Hamilton Creek. I believe the official name of the resturant is Uncle Bud's Catfish, Chicken and Such. Well, that caught my eye so I had to try it out and it was enjoyeable.
    Initially they bring you hush puppies and dishes of white beans and cole slaw and that's even before you figure out what you want off the menue.
    I picked the allegator tail and frog legs basically because you can't get them where I live! I was not disappointed.
    The iced teas were tall...served in a quart canning jar!

Favorite Dish: gator tails!

• Alabama Grill: Somewhat of a Chain, but Great!

by kristinaw Written Jun 29, 2003

This place is amazing! It's great down home, southern cooking. Everyone I take there enjoys it. You can get great fried chicken and mashed potatoes or baby back ribs. It's wonderful!! The decor is great too, it features awesome country music membrobellia.

Favorite Dish: Vegetable plate. Their veggies are great!

• Music

• CRACKER BARREL RESTAURAN: CRACKER BARREL RESTAURAN

by lost-ewing Written Sep 8, 2002

We had our breakfast at this location every morning while in Nashville, and some dinners. The staff were extremely friendly, and the cost of our breakfast was approx. $5. each and the plate was full. A variety of their menu items were very delicious. And they had no problems seating the 12 persons in our party even when the place was near capacity, they just pushed together tables and made us feel welcome.

Favorite Dish: HASH BROWN CASSEROLE was delicious, also the biscuits and steak and gravy.

• Don_Wright's Profile Photo

Bar-B-Cuties!: Bar-B-Cuties!

by Don_Wright Updated Aug 25, 2002

When you fly into to Nashville, this is your lunch stop after you pick up your luggage and your rental car at the airport. It is just north of the airport off Briley Parkway.

You get to have a really good meal, and interface with Nashville locals, to start your trip. It is kind of a fast food eatery, I guess I classify fast food eateries as places where you go to a counter to order, and they have a drive thru, but do not confuse it with McDonald's or Burger King. You are now in Tennesee, and even the 'fast food barbeques' here are better than some of your set down restaurants in your home area. You will have an excellent meal.

Favorite Dish: Pulled pork barbeque platter, of course!

• Don_Wright's Profile Photo

Uncle Bud's Catfish and Such!: Uncle Bud's Catfish and Such!

by Don_Wright Updated Aug 25, 2002

Down home pig out, with some of the best country cookin' you've ever had in your life!

Favorite Dish: Catfish, of course!

Instant Answers: Nashville