Books, Nashville

Know about this? Rate It!

• Books
    by butterflykizzez04
    The shopping complex Border´s is in
    by grishaV1
  • Books
    by butterflykizzez04
  • butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Books: Books-A-Million West Side

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Shopping at Books-A-Million is one of my ZEN experiences !!!
    I love going into this huge Book store and getting lost. If I won the lottery, I think I would spend a great deal of the winnings here. I love to read and so do my children. They are also Books-A-Million fans.
    I belong to the points program and carry my discount card to gain points for future discounts on my purchases. The aisles are large and the staff is very helpful..if you can't find it..they can and will.
    I love this store and when I enter the doorway, I am immediately transformed into a better mood and would like to stay here all day !!!

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Books: Fairytales Bookstore

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Fairytales is just a few blocks from my home and during a jog (it was actually more like whimpering and walking) I came across this fun little store. Fairytales is filled with not just books but also toys, art supplies, and tiaras and tutus. I would have loved having a special little place like this around when I was a little rascal. Although I believe that with some more time on the treadmill and a little Bikriam yoga, I might be able to squeeze into the little pink tutu that I fell in love with on my last visit. Here's to having realistic goals!

In the few visits that I have made, I have purchased a set of Angelina Ballerina books for a friend who recently had a daughter and an adorable plush toy set for another little girl. All the prices were more than reasonable and the employees were friendly and even assisted with gift wrapping.

I also can understand how parents could enjoy some of the interactive elements of the store such as their summer reading program, party planning, and story time.

• grishaV1's Profile Photo

Border´s Book Sellers: Books With the "IN" Crowd

by grishaV1 Written Sep 14, 2005

The shopping complex Border��s is in

Sometimes its a great favourite past time for me, but only on the things I like or need, not just for the hell of it. Books are a passion, very great, and always a wonderful gift for my man who is a writer and poet. So naturally I went to bookshops.

Borders is very popular, lots of students around, families with children, singles, oh everyone, and they had a very wide selection of books like most bookstores of course, but it was rather boring to me. It is generic basically. You can get the latest fiction books, comics, children´s stories, CD´s and DVD´s, stop and have a cup of coffee and a sticky bun, and which the other browsers. I bought nice kitten and bunny books for Nika, her favorites.

The one we visited is at 2501 West End Avenue/615-327-9656, in a shopping complex with shoes places, and PF Chang´s Chinese Bistro, just across the street from Centennial Park. Traffic can be heavy, both with walkers and drivers, parking spaces can be hard to find. If you get a good space, its best idea to leave your car there and walk up and down the avenue visiting what you wish.

What to pay: Average price for books I suppose, whatever is on the bar code, plus some discount areas as well.

• grishaV1's Profile Photo

Elder´s Book Shop: "I´m in (book) Heaven!!"

by grishaV1 Written Sep 14, 2005

Inside those wonderful walls!!

THE Bookshop of a book collector´s dreams is Elder´s Bookshop on Elliston Avenue, off a right angle of West End Avenue. When I first walked in, I looked up and said, "I´m in heaven!" Lovely place, walk to walk books, floor to ceiling, antiques, rare, hard to find, obscure, dusty, cracking, yellowing, wonderful, beautiful books. Some are antique and coming apart, but also they have very well cared for books for sell. When the books come apart, well, they just sell the pages sheet by sheet: art and painting books, flower books, history with map books. I love the signs up all around the shop: "Please be quiet!", "Do not leave children unattended, the books are very delicate!" "Do not read long passages out loud as respect to others"! "Ask before handling these books!"

The caretakers were very knowledgeable and must have been working there a long time. You could ask for some rare book and back they go into the "Keep Out!" section and come back with a box of musty tomes. My special selections I found? A number of books printed in Berlin from 1823-1844, Hans Christian Anderson fairy tales, children´s books so wonderfully hand painted or drawn pictures, and one very old Russian books of poetry that I brought for my partner. The prices? Those ranged from 6,00 to 10,00 each, quite a bargain I thought. Though there were some old medical journals and children´s books like original Winnie the Pooh books that were 50,00 and more per book. I was happy with what I bought, plus a few bargains from the 1,00 baskets, Star Trek and historical romance.

This was my most favorite shop I have found in any travels. I stayed there for almost three hours not even realizing so much time had past, looking through old prints and rare books. Even I was still looking for certain books, the owner said he would ship if he found old German and Russian books I was interested in. Extremely nice place and fellow.

What to pay: Prices vary depending on age of book, condition, etc.

• Metacognizant's Profile Photo

Metro News: World's Largest Adult Bookstore

by Metacognizant Updated Nov 29, 2003

The largest bookstore in the USA is situated off of highway TH I-40 in Nashville. On an exterior wall of the store there is a large, neon arrow pointing towards the store itself, visible from the highway. I'm not sure if the store is ranked largest in terms of floorspace or inventory, probably the latter. I came across a video entitled "Every girl wants two dicks." What can I say? It's true.

• Gay and Lesbian

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Other Shopping in Nashville