Stores, Malls or Markets in Nashville

by butterflykizzez04

Most Viewed Shopping in Nashville

PetSmart: PetSmart

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 27, 2014

I love going to PetSmart..I know that its a chain but hey it's animals...everyone should love animals.

I love going in so I can talk to the animals, walk with the animals, sing with the animals...until they kick me out screaming "Security get that lady in aisle 9 who is skipping around singing to all the animals"....She's back....

No seriously, I do go here when I am stressed out
    It's Free to walk around, I enjoy looking at the animals and it's so peaceful...
    What a great way to unwind when I have had a really heavy load at work...
    I enjoy taking their photos and talking to them.
    I would love to have a bird, some fish, a few guinea pigs and seeing all the stuff I need for my family pet members...Sammy (doggie) and kittens (Zelda and Waldo)...

I am in the market for a Cat Tree...I am thinking about doing a DYI kit and make my own cat tree so I go window shopping to decide which one I want to make..I know I want to cover in brown or tan carpet to match my furniture..

Who else goes to PetSmart and leaves with a Big Ole' Happy Heart full of song...???? Just ME??? Really???

• Singles

Cotton-Eyed Joe: Cotton-Eyed Joe

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 9, 2014

I love this typical gift shop. It has a great on the corner of 2nd and Broadway..just across the street from Hard Rock Cafe...a big tourist attraction. You can find your typical tourist gift items...tshirts, post cards, hats, pencils, stickers, etc...
    not so cheap..but what do you expect..its for the tourist..

Nashville Antique Archaeology: Nashville Antique Archaeology

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 21, 2014

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014...my sister in laws were visiting from West Virginia and they wanted to go to the American Picker Store...so we did!!!! I guess it's a big tourist thing, I personally don't watch the show and I thought they were outrageous...but I did like the decor and how it was decorated. I love the history of the building that it is housed in...the old Marathon Auto Plant...

I really didn't see anything in there that I couldn't live without and the prices, well the prices were staggering...even for the items with their company name on it was "OMG !!!"...but again its a tourist thing...

My sister in laws enjoyed and that was all that mattered to me...
    I made a quick lap around, took some pictures and then headed to the candy store next door..

• Archeology

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

The Apple Barn Cider Bar & General Store: You can instantly smell the freshness

by aphrodyte Written Feb 22, 2014

You can get gift items and knick-knacks that are apple themed, but you can get apple butter, apple salad dressing, apple cider, apple fritters, candy apples, apple cookbooks, and then lots of items that are not apple-related. Like all kinds of candy, chocolates and Nashville souvenirs. They have a little cafe where you can get soups and pastries. They use Tennessee grown apples.

General Store
    With over 23,000 square feet, we have plenty of room to bring you all of your Apple Barn favorites. Our jelly room features our original Apple Butter alongside dozens of other hard to find preserves and jams. The smokehouse area features Tennessee cheeses, Applewood Smoked meats, and grilling sauces, marinades, and smoking chips.

Cider Bar
    The Cider Bar sells Fried Apple Pies, Apple Donuts, and Fresh Apple Cider to Music City! Visitors can watch through our glass storefront, as apple treats are handmade daily.

Candy Factory
    Also behind large windows, is their candy factory. They hand make candied and caramel apples, homemade fudge, peanut brittle, and many other old fashioned candies. One of the star attractions is an antique taffy machine.

What to buy: Apple Fried Pie A la Mode
    Apple Cider
    Apple Pie Coffee Grounds

Trader Joe's: Trader Joe's - Green Hills

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Great store !!! I love this store!!! They are open at 8 am and the store is small and the parking lot barely bigger so if you are going to go...I recommend you go early !!!
    I try to go twice a month. I have some of my favorites items that I can only get there, because everything is TRADER JOE brand...they don't care any other brands and everything basically is Gluten Free or Organic.
    I love the produce area..plenty to choose from and well priced and labeled easily to read..my only complaint...everyone is there doing the same as myself..shopping !!! the aisles are so small and fully stocked. I love the cheese and meat section also.
    There are various varieties to choose from and I loved their smoked Gouda from Switzerland. I also like to sample the coffee that they have freshly brewed in the back.
    I also grab a few organic can foods, pasta and salsas. I get my spices here, I love this store. I found it 2 yrs ago and I try to remember to take my own bags so I keep buying Trader Joe bags, I guess I am collecting them.
    I once saw Nicole Kidman Urban here...that was exciting but no one else!!!
    I always people watch when I am here, JUST IN CASE !!!!

Whole Food Market: Whole Food Market - Greenhills

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Great store!! I love this store. I am from Charleston WV originally and we don't have this store there. I have seen it on some of my favorite cooking shows like TOP CHEF, so when I found out we had several here in Nashville, I got too excited !!! LOL !!!
    I try to go about once every three weeks. I never buy a lot there, but I take my time shopping and checking out all the merchandise on the shelves.
    Some of the items are so unique. Some fruit and veggies I have never seen !! Like Black Tomatoes!!! From Mexico !! Have you eaten Black Tomatoes? Not me, but I want to try it !
    There is a huge salad/ food bar located there where you can buy food to go, eat there in a dining area..there is a great bakery with fresh breads, cookies, cakes and other desserts. There is even a pizza oven with some really great looking pizza, but I haven't tried them yet. The seafood, meat and Cheese departments are AWESOME !!! I love the cheese section, my favorite section.
    I love the fresh flowers and there is also a place in the back where you can sit at the counter and eat fresh hot foods.
    I have never eaten here but we will !!! Tony and I enjoy trying new places and we are getting more adventurous in trying some different foods.
    Who else shops here?
    I love it !!!

• Wine Tasting

Target Store: Target Store - West End

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Shopping at Target!!! I am a TRUE fan of Target..this is a large store.
    I usually go to the Super Target in Smyrna LaVerne Area, but this one is closer to my home if I cut through the Woodmont neighborhood. I love to see the large homes on my drive over to the Target and the shopping center.
    There is a lot of additional shops located at the Shopping center so when I go to Target I usually stop at other stores also.
    This store is large, clean with a friendly staff. The shelves are always fully stocked and the store is clean. The bathrooms are clean. I can always find what I am looking for and they always have plenty of open lanes for checking out.

Party City: Party City - West End

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Shopping at Party City is fun...there is no other way to explain it. I don't have this store in WEST VIRGINIA where I am from so when I discovered this store about 2 yrs ago...I was so happy.
    I shop here for my daughters' halloween costumes, she is in high school and they have some really great choices. If I have a party in the works, I run to Party City. It helps me decide on my themes, I get everything I need and the prices are wonderful!!

If you haven't shopped here yet, Go NOW !!! you will be very happy that you did!!
    I highly recommend it to everyone...

• Singles

Build A Bear: Build A Bear - Opry Mills Mall

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

I love this store.another store in the mall that I have been dream shopping in..Not sure what theme my future baby mama for my grand baby is doing the nursery in...and while there Not sure of the sex of the baby yet, but she/he is due in July 2013...and doctor said NOT 100 % positive due to baby position, but he feels its a girl...

A GIRL..so Now I know what colors to choose from!!!
    I am excited about being a new grannie!!!

Janie & Jack: Janie & Jack Children's Clothing Shop

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

This is the outlet store and there are a few other stores in other malls around Nashville. The sales clerk explained the difference...they have items after the other locations have them first and they are discounted at this location..Gorgeous baby items. I am a soon to be GRANNIE and I find out shortly if a boy or a girl..so I am DREAM Shopping for the new little Munchkin!!!

I can't wait to be a grandma and I love to shop at these stores and check out all the adorable items. I love all the clothing.
    Well, while I was writing this I just got the TEXT from my son that I was waiting for!!!!
    They said the way the baby is laying it is not definitely 100 % sure but doctor feels pretty sure its a GIRL....
    My yelpers are the first to know..even before my FACEBOOK Friends and Family!!!!
    I am so excited.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - Opry Mills Mall

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Truffles are $ 2.25 each...and the gorgeously fattening Chocolate covered apples are $6.50 and up...oh, I wish I wan't on a diet...they look awesome!!! They do have some Sugar free candies as well and other than the truffles, the rest of the chocolates are by the weight at $18 per pound...what a way to go!!!! Death by Chocolates!!!!

Maybe I can loose enough weight to go enjoy at least ONE!!!!

The Gap Outlet: The Gap Outlet - Opry Mills Mall

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

Today I was dream shopping and urban hiking in the mall. I was trying to walk as much as possible and see as much as I could without buying anything. I love this store. I was looking at the Baby Gap stuff for my future grand baby. I am having a baby girl by the way....
    I was looking at all the small Gap hoodies and cute outfits.
    I was also dream shopping for myself...who doesn't...

InterAsian Market & Deli: InterAsian Market & Deli

I am a fan!!
    I read some reviews and thought.." I want to have my very first Banh Mi from this location!!!" I have been wanting to try one and after reading the reviews, this is where I wanted to go..so after work I stopped here. I had written down a few things from the review I wanted to try..
    so when I arrived I went to the man at the counter..he is the owner I learned and very friendly..I showed him the paper and he asked me how many and I told him only one..it was my first banh mi sandwich and he asked me how did I hear about his sandwiches and I told him on YELP..he smiled and showed me a copy of Food and Wine magazine..
    I also bought some fresh veggies...and it was only $4.50 for everything with taxes..I will definitely go back. he has his spring rolls on friday, saturday and sunday and I wanted to try them also..I can't wait to go back.

thanks for the great reviews that led me to this great market. It is very clean compared to some others I have been in. I will definitely go back...

Ernest Tubb Record Shop: Ernest Tubb Record Shop on Broadway

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

This is as Wonderful as it gets....I walked through the door and immediately felt like I was back in time...I could hear the likes of Patty Cline, Loretta Lynn, Hank, George Jones, and all the Great leaders of our past in country music...

I love this place. I can feel the spirits of the past.
    You have to visit.
    It is a real tourist spot but its a great place to visit.
    I will definitely go back and walk the wooden floors that once held the GREATS!!!!

For many record stores, vinyl has been an economic savior, and that's true for Ernest Tubb Record Shop — even if it came to the rescue more than 60 years ago. In the early days, Ernest Tubb sold brittle and easily broken 78s through the mail, as general manager Rick Luningham tells it. "Roughly 50 percent of all records that left here had to be replaced, and Ernest insisted on you getting a good product," says Luningham. "There's a picture of [shop co-founder Charles Mosley] holding up a 45 saying, 'This is the one thing that will save us!' "

A devotion to customer satisfaction has been the top priority for Ernest Tubb Record Shop since it first opened in 1947. Whether it was replacing broken 78s, tracking down hard-to-find releases or stocking the music of obscure and seemingly forgotten artists, the shop has stayed true to their founding principles of placing country music fans first.

Founded by the Grand Ole Opry star Ernest Tubb in partnership with his tax accountant Charles Mosley, the store was primarily envisioned as a service for fans. In his travels around the country, Tubb was constantly approached by fans who had trouble finding their favorite records. Even in Nashville, few retailers carried large stocks of country records, preferring to play it safe with pop and classical selections. Tubb opened the shop as a mail-order business in early 1947, with its first retail location, at 720 Commerce St., opening on May 3 of that same year.

Despite the fact that the store specialized in records few retailers carried, the initial reaction from record dealers and even some jukebox operators was anger. Many threatened to never carry Tubb's records again. Within a few months of the shop opening, however, dealers around the country found their business increasing through customers requesting specific records they heard advertised on the Grand Ole Opry.

From the beginning, Tubb was buying airtime on the Opry to promote the mail-order business, and this eventually evolved into the Midnight Jamboree radio program. The main shop moved in 1951 to its current location at 417 Broadway to allow more room for the live in-store broadcasts on Saturday nights.

• Music

Converse Factory Store: Converse Factory Store

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I love this store for my daughter. She is a huge Converse fan and I shop here for her birthday and for holidays..or just when I want to give her an I LOVE YOU GIFT..
    The prices are great and they always have a great clearance area.

I got this wonderful Messenger Bag for $15...Crazy right?

Nashville Hotels

Latest Nashville Hotel Reviews

Gaylord Opryland Hotel
Latest: Jul 10, 2014
Microtel Inn And Suites Nashville (Bellevue)
Baymont Inn And Suites Nashville Whitebridge
Radisson Hotel Opryland
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashvillle
Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Nashville Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Nashville locals.
Map of Nashville