Fun things to do in Nashville

Chihuly at Cheekwood
    by DaManley

Most Viewed Things to Do in Nashville

Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 10, 2014

Wednesday, May 7, 2014, Tony and I was urban hiking today in Nashville playing Tourist...and we walked across the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge...mainly because it was THERE...but also because I knew I would get some AWESOME photos of Nashville from there..

AND I DID !!!!

The bridge of course is my favorite part of urban hiking...FREE and the views of the Titan football field, the Cumberland River and the Gorgeous Nashville City Scene Views...awesome sauce!!!

The weather was gorgeous today..so I had to take a day off from work in the Bat Building and play HOOKIE...well its almost YELP SPRING BREAK Celebration time..so why NOT !!!

• Hiking and Walking

Music City Walk of Fame Park

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 9, 2014

Wednesday, May 7, during our URBAN HIKING in Nashville and pretending to be tourist..we went to the Music City Walk of Fame..this is a very nice FREE location in Nashville. Across the street from the Schremerhorn Symphony Center and the Country Music Hall of Fame and Bridgestone Arena..its location is AWESOME..

We walked around and I took some wonderful photos of the area and some of my favorite stars in their star on the walk. Some of the stars were faded, and some really shining..They said to pardon the mess, they are doing some work here so I hope they fix the stars.

This is a nice location with benches and flowers.
    IF you are visiting Nashville you should really take a stroll in this lovely park.
    Again, Free is always great...

• Hiking and Walking

Schremerhorn Symphony Center

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 9, 2014

Wednesday, May 7, 2014, Tony and I was URBAN HIKING around Nashville and and we walked around the Schremerhorn Symphony Center...This building is Beautiful. I am drawn to it. We had just left the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge

We crossed the street and stopped at the Memorial Statue of the Firefighters. This is a nice little memorial in the plaza. There is an area to sit and read the signage and view the statue. Then we stopped at the small fountains beside the stairway up to the front doors. There are some gorgeous flowers to enjoy.

The building itself is very gorgeous. The detail work into the stones work of the building is gorgeous. Then there is the most beautiful large water fountain and statue. IT is my favorite in Nashville. I was able to take some gorgeous photos around the building today. I can't wait until my daughter moves here. I want to attend a program inside the awesome building....and she will go with me anywhere and have fun ...she is my friend and the best traveling partner...

She will love this building. Can't wait to go inside here.

Johnny Cash Museum

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 7, 2014

The Johnny Cash Museum is located down a side street off Broadway. When we were near it during our Urban Hike it was closed so I took some photos of the outside. Usually when we are Urban Hiking, other than food or a few drinks, we like to keep things FREE
    Besides I love to take photos of old buildings and great locations and I will definitely eventually give into the temptation and pay the piper to indulge in the museums pieces of treasure..Just not today!!!
    Today was sunshine and warm breezes...I am staying outside.
    I am in the office every day all day so this was nice....walking around the city and enjoying....Nashville !!!

• Museum Visits

Music Row

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 7, 2014

Wednesday, May 7,2014, Tony and I went to have lunch on the West Side near Vandy on Music Row. We found a great place to park on the street for FREE, it was a few blocks away but its such a lovely day..we opted to walk..and the walk was Nice..
    I was able to take some great photos of the statue at the Circle and the statue of the microphone that represents Music Row. There used to be a lot of parking over here, but now they are building some lovely condos ...so the parking is gone, but the homes are almost finished. Then this place will be extremely busy.

There are several nearby restaurants that we like..Little Chicago and DeSanos Pizza and now we are adding Dawg House Saloon...the area is so lovely..

Bridgestone Arena

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 7, 2014

Wednesday, May 7, 2014..Tony and I was urban hiking in Nashville and I got some great photos of the Bridgestone Arena. Bridgestone Arena is very nice. I have been here twice. Once for a Preds Hockey Game and PBR Rodeo for Tony's birthday...
    The place is nice. I wish I could go more often and to a few concerts but things cost so much.
    Went here today to walk around and enjoy the gorgeous 85 plus sunny weather in Nashville.

We urban hiked the city for a few hours to get some sun and exercise.
    We love walking around this town and people watching...lol !!!
    But the prices are a killer!!!

Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 27, 2014

Sunday, April 27, 2014, Tony and I was at the Farmer's Market and we decided to check out the Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park. After 4 yrs of being here, this was our FIRST walk through this lovely park.
    I never knew how lovely this park was...IT is Stunning!!!!
    Have you been here yet?

I can't believe this beautiful park is right here for us all to walk, stroll, jog, ride bikes and walk our dogs in ....for FREE !! This park is absolutely FREE..
    I was really nervous because of the HOMELESS situation that Nashville has. We have way too many homeless people and they hang out everywhere.
    I had been dreading this park for that shear reason...LAME HUH?
    The park is awesome. The Park is large, and the Park is for US ALL to enjoy...

If you can get there, do so!!
    Write a review of your favorite areas. Let us know if you like the park.
    I enjoyed the fountains. I loved the fountains at the end of the park that represent the rivers in the Tennessee.
    There is also a fountain at the McNairy Spring, one of the main fresh water sources for Nashville ..I found that fascinating and then there is the memorial area to the original Sulpher Springs Bottom Baseball field in Nashville. There is some lovely chimes, also a world globe water fountain representing Tennessee location to all major acts of war and the mileage..Plenty to see and enjoy.

I am definitely going back here again and again!!!
    I hope to see you there...soon !!!!!

• National/State Park

Marathon Village

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 21, 2014

Wednesday, April 16, 2014...This was my third visit to this wonderful historic building the original Marathon Auto Works building..a plant where they actually made the automobiles in Nashville many many many moons ago...The building is gorgeous...you have to go just for the building alone!!!

There are several wonderful shops in the building..I love the Bang Candy Store...love love love..I also like the American Pickers Store...Antique Archaeology...expensive but gorgeous...the coffee shop, The distillery ...and some say that Kenny Chesney's office is even here...who knows...maybe I can see Kenny one day!!!

Go and check it out..Forget about the neighborhood...and the parking is FREE that is a huge PLUS alone!!!

Marathon Village

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 21, 2014

East End United Methodist Church

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 7, 2014

I was walking around Historic East End in Nashville, TN..it was such a gorgeous day..I love this church...its on Holly Street.. — at East End United Methodist Church.

Established in 1889, East End United Methodist Church has been serving East Nashville for over 115 years! The links above will help you explore our beliefs, programs and meet our people. Everyone is welcome to visit and participate at East End

• Religious Travel

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

L P FIELD "HOME OF THE TITANS"

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 6, 2014

LP FIELD is the official home of the Tennessee Titans NFL Football Team
    while living here for the past four years have been to ONE football game. The Titans played the Colts (the last year that Peyton Manning was their Quarterback)..Titans lost..
    It was cold and I had to wear three layers of clothing...the field is located along the Cumberland River.

Photo taken from my office window
    • Seniors
    • Singles

The Arcade - Downtown

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

A real diamond in the rogue...You have to experience this Hidden Gem in the Heart of Nashville Metro Center!

Great place to eat!! This is centrally located in the Metro City area and only a few blocks from Anywhere or Anything in downtown Nashville. After my husband and I left 417 Union, we arrived at "Manny's House of Pizza" in the Arcade.
    I love this restaurant. It is my favorite pizza place downtown, and I love to go here during my lunch break at work. I work at 333 Commerce Street at the Bat Building for AT&T. My friend Craig Alea and I would walk over here and have lunch in the warmer months.
    My favorite is a slice of Pepperoni Pizza with Jalapeno Peppers. You can order pizza by the slice or whole. They also have spaghetti with or without meatballs and lasagna and then you can order Pepperoni Rolls, Calzones or Strombolli
    if you get a chance to go here you must!!

The Arcade also has other restaurants and a Post Office. There are tables located in the walkway and in the summertime they have these really large Industrial fans blowing a breeze down the hallway!! Upstairs there are some shops and offices. This was the first (MALL) style building in Nashville in the early 1900's..the history of this building is wonderful. You should research and read about it.

There is also a PEANUT Shoppe located here on the middle corner, where the alley cuts through the middle. It is an old store and I am sure there is a lot of history in there too!!!
    Let me know what you think? What is your favorite Arcade restaurant?
    A real hidden gem you need to experience when you arrive in Nashville.

Carmike Hickory 8 Theater

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I enjoy going to the theater and especially when it is discounted. Tony and I enjoy going on Tuesday evenings, because for $10 per couple...you can get in and get a small soda and popcorn..Not a bad price for a nice evening.

Tonight we saw "RED DAWN" and it was pretty good! I enjoyed it so much! It is an easy night out and doesn't cost much! The theater is not too bad, but the bathroom could use some extra attention. Some of the theaters need a little repair but hey $2 tickets..you can't beat that!!!

It is what I call a second run theater, and it shows movies that recently left the larger newest theaters..which you are paying for the hype, the glitz and the neon lights. So, I save my pennies, wait for it to show up at the Hickory and enjoy it for a fraction of the cost...Penny saver me!!! Skipping to the piggy bank!!!

• Seniors

Tennessee State Museum

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

This afternoon after work, Tony joined me in the lobby of the AT&T Bat Building. We walked the few blocks back to the Tennessee State Museum. We had reservations for the 4:15pm viewing of the "Emancipation Proclamation" ..I was so excited to see it !!! We arrived a little early so we strolled around the museum to check out the other exhibits on display.

There was a couple walking around dressed as if they were "President Abraham Lincoln and his wife Mary Todd Lincoln". They looked very original and much like the actual couple and several people asked them to pose for pictures which they gladly accepted. It was very nice.

The lines were long but No very so we only had to wait about 20 minutes. I would definitely do this again. It was very nice!! A great way to celebrate the birthday of President Abraham Lincoln. I loved this!!!

• Museum Visits

Elm Hill Marina - Boating

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 4, 2014

The lake was a little below normal water level. The boats were at dock and it was quiet.
    I love this area in the summer time when all the boats are out. I love the sites and I love to take pictures.

I will come back in the summer and share some great pictures of the boats and the water.
    does anyone have a boat? I am thinking about renting one this summer apparently you can rent one by the hour, 1/2 day or all day..not sure of the rates but I am going to definitely check into this option..sounds like fun !!!

• Sailing and Boating

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashvillle
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Nashville Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Nashville locals.
Map of Nashville