Ocoee Favorites

Hotel Lobby
    by ocoee2
  • Whitewater Inn Closest hotel to rafting in Ocoee
    Whitewater Inn Closest hotel to rafting...
    by ocoee2

Most Recent Favorites in Ocoee

• Whitewater Inn Ocoee TN

by ocoee2 Updated Feb 4, 2009
    Whitewater Inn Closest hotel to rafting in Ocoee

Favorite thing: If you are going to be in the Ocoee area whether it is for rafting, hiking motorcycle riding or one of the other many area reacreation activities staying at the Whitewater Inn will put you closest to all the action. Visit the hotel website at: ocoeewhitewaterinn.com

• Fishing
    • Rafting
    • Hiking and Walking

• Raft or kayak of course! ...

by Mtnsport Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Raft or kayak of course! Depending on when you go, there are two sections of the river open to whitewater paddling. The class 3-4 Olympic section and the 'Middle' section which is class 3+.

Fondest memory: My earliest memory is attending the Olympics in 1996. At the time, I had tried kayaking once or twice but it hadn't yet taken hold of me like now. We wanted to see what the whitewater thing was all about. In retrospect, I find it amazing the athletes made an already challenging run even more so by running through gates on the river. Fast forward to Y2K, I have become fully whitewater addicted and I take the Ocoee challenge with several other friends of mine. Luckily one of them used to guide rafts on the river cause this was the most challenging river to date for the rest of us. We all had a great day with only two swims! Not bad for a bunch of first timers. Needless to say the beers at the end of that hot Southern summer day were some of the best I've ever had.

Instant Answers: Ocoee

Comments

Ocoee Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ocoee favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ocoee sightseeing.