Pigeon Forge Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Pigeon Forge

Red Rooster Pancake House: Red Rooster Pancake House

by TravellerMel Updated Oct 11, 2012

Red Rooster Pancake House

There is no shortage of pancake houses in Pigeon Forge - hotcakes are HOT! (LOL, I couldn't resist). We came here because it was very close to our hotel, and we were not disappointed. The restaurant itself is adorable - very "farm-y" with red roosters and farm equipment everywhere. Very clean, and the staff was very friendly. We actually ate here twice during our weekend stay. The first time, I had the Stuffed Croissant French Toast, which was so incredibly good. The next day I had the eggs/bacon/pancake plate which was also good and filling. Breakfast for the both of us, plus drink, tax, and tip came to ~ $25.

By the way - they also serve lunch (they are open 7 am - 2 pm everyday).

UPDATE: 10/7/12 - came here twice this weekend. I had the Stuffed Croissant French Toast again, and it was every bit as good as I remembered it. The second time I had the Chocolate Eclair pancakes - three pancakes with bavarian cream in between and covered with chocolate and powdered sugar. I could only eat about 1/3 as the pancakes were huge - but it was sooo good! There is nothing like having dessert for breakfast! Just so you know - they do offer savory & healthy breakfasts too. It's just that I have a sweet tooth!

Favorite Dish: Stuffed Croissant French Toast: a large croissant stuffed with strawberry cream cheese, topped with strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkled with powdered sugar. A little like eating dessert for breakfast, this was so incredibly good! See the attached photo to begin salivating...

Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que: Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que

by TravellerMel Updated Apr 29, 2011

We were starving when we pulled up to this restaurant! We were seated quickly (it was that odd timeframe where it is too late for lunch, but too early for dinner), and the waitress was very quick about bringing our drinks and taking our orders.

As per my usual, I ordered the pulled pork sandwich, which came with french fries. The pork was tender & juicy, and delicious! I tried several of the sauces, but the mild was my favorite - not too vinegar-y, but with a little tang.

Prices were not bad - I think my pork sandwich plate was about $9.

Happy Days Diner: 50's Style Dining

by TravellerMel Written Apr 19, 2011

50's TV-themed restaurant; the menu has items named after TV shows and characters from the 1950's. I had the Cunningham Club ($8) which came with fries - very tasty. Service was fast and very friendly - and we liked the decor. A nice change from some of the chain restaurants along the strip.

Old Mill Restaurant: Great Country Cooking

by melanief Updated Apr 4, 2011

Old Mill

Dinner is served with corn chowder, fritters, salad, mashed potatoes and green beans, just choose which meat you prefer and dinner is complete.
    Breakfast is served with orange juice, muffins, biscuits, grits and gravy, just choose bacon, ham or sausage and how you like your eggs cooked.

Favorite Dish: It is hard for me to choose one favorite meal. I like the Chicken and Dumplins and the Turkey and Dressing and the Fried Chicken.

Old Mill Pottery House Cafe: Freshly baked bread

by melanief Updated Apr 4, 2011

Old Mill Pottery House Cafe

Whether you are inside near the fireplace or outside near the waterfall and fish pond, the atmosphere is great. The plates, bowls and salt and pepper shakers were hand made at the Pigeon River Pottery right next door. For lunch, you can enjoy sandwiches made on freshly baked bread, quiches, soups and fresh fruit. For dinner, you may choose from steaks, seafood, salads and pastas. Kids meals all come with a cookie baked right there in the bakery.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the Chicken Quesadilla Wrap. It comes with either pasta salad or fresh fruit. ( I choose the fresh fruit)

• Cafe Du Mountain: Beignets in the Smokies

by leastbittern Written Oct 26, 2009

Need a nice, quiet place away from the hectic shopping and entertainment scene (and the traffic!) in Pigeon Forge? Cafe Du Mountain is what you're looking for. The coffee drinks are great, and the beignets (ben-yays) are fresh and authentic. There is plenty of seating, including sofas and conversation areas, as well as tables and chairs. Prices are very reasonable, and the menu offerings are made when you order, but service is fast. They also have fruit tea. This place is family-owned. It's right on the main drag.

Favorite Dish: The beignets are the signature item, and they're made to order, complete with powdered sugar. Four are $2.99.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• Cafe Du Mountain: Great Coffe and Beignets

by leastbittern Written Oct 26, 2009

Cafe Du Mountain is a calm environment in the hectic Pigeon Forge atmosphere. The coffee is fresh, and the beignets are authentic. Menu selections are reasonably priced, and the food and coffee are fresh. Highly recommend for coffee lovers and/or people who want to rest in a quiet, serene place for awhile and have some good, light food. There are sofas and seating arrangements for conversation, as well as comfortable tables and chairs.

Favorite Dish: Beignets

• Sully's Bagels: Kettle Boiled Kosher Bagels, Sandwiches, Coffee &

by bbg Written Jan 2, 2008

Sully's Bagels is a place of comfort and delicious food! Sully's is a place where everyone feels at home. The decor is unique, as is the food they offer.
    They have Lox and Bagels with cream cheese and red onion, a superb Reuben, many homemade cream cheeses and much, much more.
    The employees are great, always friendly and efficient.
    They have free wi-fi and make sure that you feel welcome to enjoy your espresso and surf for as long as you wish.

Favorite Dish: my favorite? for breakfast I enjoy a canadian bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwich.

for lunch I love the reuben or turkey, bacon melt. it is made with honey roasted turkey, bacon and melted provolone. mmmm

They also have delicious homemade chicken salad. They offer different soups which are all amazing.

• Business Travel

Blue Moose Burgers & Wings: Delicious Wings

by melanief Written Dec 10, 2007

Blue Moose Burgers & Wings

If you want a place to grab some wings and watch a football game on one of several TV's then Blue Moose Burgers & Wings is the place for you. The wings were delicious, and so was the pecan pie, drizzled with chocolate and caramel and served with vanilla ice cream!

• Aquarium
    • Theme Park Trips

O'Charley's: Great Steaks

by melanief Written Aug 25, 2007

O'Charley's

If you are looking for a good steak and seafood restaurant, then O'Charley's would be a good choice. The food is good, and the prices are reasonable.

Favorite Dish: Create you own combo is great because you can choose 2 or 3 meats and it comes with two sides. Price is good. 12.29 for 2 meats and 14.99 for 3 meats.

• Theme Park Trips
    • Hiking and Walking

• The Apple Barn / Applewood: Apple Everything

by Sammie13 Written May 28, 2007

I've gone to this restaurant a number of times, twice on my last trip to PF. It's a big complex and the names Apple Barn and Applewood seemed to be used interchangeably. As I understand it, the front facility is the newer "overflow" restaurant and behind this is a applewood candy store and very nice apple barn gift shop, then in the far rear is the original and still open Apple Barn restaurant. I've only eaten at the newer facility. On my last trip, I ate dinner and several days later, breakfast here. For either meal, they bring you a complimentary basket of devine apple fritters and a small glass of apple julep. The julep is nice and the fritters, well...we devour them and they have to bring more. The dinner is alot of country-type items. I had the taste Appalachian chicken on the last trip. One of the children only wanted soup which they don't serve except as an add-on, so the sweet waitress added it to my entree. For breakfast, I was not real pleased. I ordered an omelet that came on the menu with a specific list of ingredients, but I asked them to hold the onions. When I got the bill, this $6 omelet was $11. My nice waitress said they have a new manager who is a jerk and says if you don't order an omelet precisely as the menu lists it, they treat the omelet as one that I am building myself and add a buck per ingredient. What a rip-off...I'm not sure if I'll go back because of his attitude....but the food is good.

• Calhoun's: Mouthwatering Prime rib and steaks

by Sammie13 Written May 28, 2007

Try Calhoun's. We've eaten for years at the Gatlinburg restaurant and now there is one in Pigeon Forge on Hwy 441 near the Wears Valley Rd intersection. The restaurant is most famous for their Knoxville location and tail-gating near the UT campus.

Their prime rib is one of the best. Although the menu says available only on sat and sun, usually during the busy-season, I've found you can get it more often. Also, try the macedamia nut banana pudding. And they have the best salad dressings. I usually bring home a few jars of the honey mustard, which they will sell you. Children like the cardboard cars that their food is served in, too.

Service has always been exceptional.

• Cherokee Grill: Best in Town

by Brandi13rown Written Oct 3, 2006

Located right off the parkway in Gatlinburg at the entrance to the Smokey Mountain Brewery. It is a BEAUTIFUL restaurant with lots of glass windows and fire collums outside. The dress is casual. We travel to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area between 3 and 4 times a year and have tried many restaurants around. Somehow we always missed this one until last time. It will be a must for each trip from now on.

Favorite Dish: I highly recommend trying their Prosperity steak. The best steak I have ever ate. A marinated sirloin topped with worcestershire butter. I paired mine with their 'wedge of lettuce' salad. Awesome. A wedge of iceburg lettuce with tomatoes, smoked bacon, blue cheese crumbles, and an avocodo ranch dressing.

• Festivals

• JohnnoBSCW's Profile Photo

Mandarin Buffet: Great Noodles

by JohnnoBSCW Written Jul 25, 2005

Your typical chinese buffet, but the reason Im writing thi is they had the best lo mein Ive had in a chinese buf before - the nice wide ones, and not too greasy. On the whole a good lunch. Whats with all the Swedish serving girls in this town tho? Makes me want to stay in the tourist trap for a while ....

Favorite Dish: Lo Mein

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

Mandarin House, Pigeon Forge: Good Chinese buffet in the Smokies

by cruisingbug Updated Jan 24, 2005

According to my sister, who lives in East Tenn., Mandarin House opened fairly recently. We tried it on a recent trip to Dollywood. Good buffet! $8.95 for dinner on a Monday night.

Favorite Dish: Anything with the word "Mandarin" preceding it (i.e. Mandarin Vegetables, Mandarin Chicken) was especially tasty (not as in mandarin orange flavored, though). Beware the very black-peppery hot and sour soup.

Instant Answers: Pigeon Forge

Comments

Pigeon Forge Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pigeon Forge restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pigeon Forge sightseeing.