Pigeon Forge Things to Do

• "shotgun wedding"

Most Recent Things to Do in Pigeon Forge

MagiQuest is Magical Fun

by TravellerMel Updated Mar 24, 2014

OK, in all honesty, this review could also be listed under "tourist traps", but I had fun, so it goes here. :-) MagiQuest has several different activities under the same castle roof. I had a Groupon which gave us admission to all four - the Odyssey Mirror Maze Adventure, The Vault Lazer Maze (you can channel your inner Catherine Zeta-Jones), a blacklit pirate themed mini-golf course, and the MagiQuest.

I LOVED the MagiQuest - I felt like Harry Potter! When you first go in, you register, choosing your Magi name. Once you are registered, you are given a wand (the basic wand is a "loaner", but of course, you can upgrade to purchase your wand, and various toppers and decorations for the wand), and a Quest Book. At the center of the castle are the Quest Stones (a mini-Stonehenge with computer screens). You point your wand at the screen and select which adventure (or Quest) you would like to experience. Once selected, you follow the clues in the Quest Book to find the items you need to collect to complete the quest. Once found, you point your wand at the item, and it is collected. Once all the items are collected, you report to whichever magical entity is identified, point your wand, and, if you have been successfull, you have completed the Quest, thus earning points and power toward the more difficult adventures, such as battling the dragon.

This is an immersive experience, with different rooms/lands, and I thought it was very cool. It is a timed experience, and my 60 minutes went very quickly. Return Magi get a discount, and you can look for discount coupons at all of the tourist information outlets and most restaurants. I absolutely loved it! There are MagiQuest locations is many other locations, and apparently your points and power transfer to those locations (be sure to remember your Magi Name and to use the same email address).

• DPAlabama's Profile Photo

Just what we found after a week stay.....

by DPAlabama Written Apr 8, 2012

Best places to eat are Jt Hannas, bullfish, and the partridge and pear. Stay away from the "chain" restaurants, heck you can do that at home! Do the park, and the best hike is Laurel falls, bears are always there. Explore the outlying areas of the glades, wears valley, townsend, and asheville, nc. Have to do dollywood, the smokey mountain moonshine distillery, ziplines (recommend the one on wears valley road, we did it and loved it!), and now you should be able to do tubing. The indoor skydiving seems to be a hit, didn't try it but have known others who have and loved it.

• Luxury Travel

• Dollywood

by Marie21230 Written Jun 10, 2011

We will be taking our 5th trip to Pigeon Forge this summer. This is my favorite spot to travel. It is relaxing and quiet. The people are friendly. We will be going to Dollywood again. Our family have been to many amusement parks over the years and we love the atmosphere at Dollywood. It is family friendly, clean and the staff really seem to appreciate that you are there. The food is great (Country Cooking). Even my teenager enjoys being there. Tennessee and Dollywood is definitely the place to be.

The Track & Wild Woody Go-Carts

by TravellerMel Updated May 3, 2011

There are two go-cart tracks at this location - the Wild Woody, a 3-story spiraled wooden track, and The Track - a classic track with overpasses. You get a deal if you buy a combination ticket, and there are coupons in all the tourist magazines.

My new husband was horrified that I had never been in a go-cart before (HELLOOOO - I'm a GIRL!!), so we had to stop here. He loved it - I was too nervous. Some guys got behind me on the first track and tried to push me with their car - was NOT fun for me. When we went over to the traditional track, I sat in the passenger seat of my husband's car. That was more enjoyable for me. But all the kids in other cars seemed to enjoy it, so it might be fun for you. I wouldn't do it again...

Firehouse Golf

by TravellerMel Written Apr 19, 2011

There are many, many, many themed mini-golf courses along the main Parkway - we picked Firehouse Golf because we had a coupon. :-)

Adorable course with lots of bear-fireman themes. Even though my husband beat me soundly, it was softened by the cute decorations along the course. There are two courses from which you can choose...

Price for one round (adult) was $7 - not too bad. It was fun!

• Golf

Old Time Portraits

by TravellerMel Written Apr 12, 2011

There are literally dozens of locations for taking old-time portraits - the information below is for the specific location where we took our picture, but cannot necessarily recommend one over the other. I LOVE dress-up type photos, and since we were on our honeymoon, this is photo we wanted. You can also dress up as 1930's gangsters, hillbillies, riding a Harley motorcycle, or in a bathtub. Very cute! We paid $22 (including tax) for this sepia toned 8"x10" photo - more people in the photo, or color, is additional.

• Photography

• Star Tracks 40 MPH Go-Karts

by jsandelier Written Jun 21, 2010
    Entrance

Known nationwide on the internet as one of the fastest go kart tracks at 40 MPH. You’ll love the difference speed makes when it comes to having fun! They also offer a huge arcade loaded with the latest games and an awesome, multi-level Laser Tag arena. Their "road course" track is among the best in the Pigeon Forge area. This company owns three other tracks in town and they have a 'Hopper Pass' so you can experience them all if you want to. You'll love sliding around this slick track at 40 MPH!

• School Holidays

WonderWorks

by TravellerMel Updated Nov 3, 2009

WonderWorks

The sight of an upside-down building was enough to make us pull over and take photos in front, but we did not go in. My dad is handicapped, and I had been advised by a friend that there would not be enough for him to do to justify spending the $20 admission. Having since taken a look at the website, I might have to go back and check it out. In the meantime, I'll have to make do with the cool photos of the outside...

Coming Soon - Permanent Titanic Museum

by TravellerMel Written Aug 20, 2009

The sign - only the temporary exhibit is free

Opening Spring 2010 will be a permanent Titanic Museum attraction. Right now, you can see where they are constructing the building - a 1/2 scale model of the Titanic. There is a semi-trailer in the parking lot where you can learn about the coming exhibit, including photos, trivia, and a water tank where you can stick your hand in and feel how cold the water was the night the Titanic sank. I think it will be an interesting, entertaining, and educational experience.

According to the flyer, "The ultimate family experience~ 30,000 square feet ~ 90-minute walk-through experience ~ see 400 real artifacts ~ receive a passenger/crew boarding pass ~ steer the ship! ~ kid friendly ~ interactive experience ~ walk a full scale Grand Staircase ~ Book weddings or renew vows on the Grand Staircase"

• Museum Visits

• Awesome Entertainment - Best Show

by PamfromOhio Written Jul 4, 2009
    The Temptations

I love seeing shows when I travel. As a regular visitor to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tenn. I have seen most of the shows there over the years. Smoky Mountain Theater opened a new show a month or two ago. The Temptations Revue, in my opinion, is a must see show. I've seen it three times in a month. Nate Evans sang with the original Temps. This tribute show is awesome. These guys are talented singers, dancers, and entertainers. Check out the sweet voice of Curtis Taylor - wow! 61 year old Nate Evans is amazing! Take a ride with Nate and the guys and memories will fill your heart and mind. You will love this show!

This is a professional show for a bargain price. See this show before any other! The choreography and harmony are fantastic! Meet the guys after the show - they are so nice!

• Women's Travel
    • Music

• melanief's Profile Photo

Dollywood Splash Country

by melanief Updated Jun 20, 2009

Me with my grandson on the Lazy River

Water rides + water slides + the wave pool + the Lazy River = a great day of splish splashin water fun. There is something for the whole family from the kiddie section for the babies and toddlers to the high speed thrill rides for the bigger kids (and kids at heart) to the Lazy River for those who just want to lay back and drift along in the gentle flow of the water. Bring your sun block and beach towels and prepare to have a fun day in the water.

• carolmcht's Profile Photo

Wonder Works

by carolmcht Written Feb 26, 2009

Great fun for smaller kids. Titled Food for the Mind. Though, I thought for adults, it was lacking and it left me wanting a steak while all I got was peas and carrots, it was great fun for the kids!

Coupons:

• Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo

Go see The Miracle Theater!

by Ericasmurf99 Written Dec 9, 2008

*Military Discount*

This is not some Christmas church play...it's just like a show on the West End or Broadway! Angels soaring overhead and batteling, stars lighting up overhead, trained animals, and first class singing. All the actors/actresses are very talented! Superb voices! And many more special effects.

The show goes through different stages in the bible; from the beginning of the Earth, the fall of Lucifer, birth of Christ, John the Baptist, His first miracle at the wedding, last supper, Judas betrayal, the cruxifiction, and His return.

Theater Shows Daily :
    Open March Through December
    7:30 P.M. Mon Thru Saturday
    2:00 P.M. Matinees Tuesday, Thursdays, & Saturday

Ticket Pricing:
    Adult: $38.95
    Child: Free*
    Group Rates Available
    (*One Free Child per paying adult)

The also have camel rides in front of the theater and a gift shop.

• Religious Travel
    • Theater Travel
    • Music

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

The Old Mill & Old Mill Square

by sabogg01 Written Jan 29, 2008

Beautiful area in Pigeon Forge, TN! There are 2 restaurants to choose from! Old Mill Restaurant and the Old Mill Pottery House. THere are many shops such as Old Mill General Store, Old Mill Pigeon River Pottery, Old Mill Farmhouse Kitchen, Old Mill Creamery, Old Mill Toy Bin, Old Mill Candy Kitchen, and more.
    Visitors can still watch meal and flour being ground the same way by the huge water powered granite French Buhrs in the mill, or pottery being thrown, or bread and candy being made. It’s a day’s worth or more of delight and wonder.
    It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

• melanief's Profile Photo

Dollywood

by melanief Updated Dec 4, 2007

My family and I on River Rampage

At Dollywood, you will be entertained with shows and rides. One of my favorite rides is the Smoky Mountain River Rampage. This ride will get you wet ( which could be good on a hot summer day) If you like old wooden roller coasters, then you will have to try The Thunderhead. I have a new favoriate roller coaster now. It is called the Mystery Mine. I won't give anything away, but I have to say, it is awesome!!

Instant Answers: Pigeon Forge

Comments

Pigeon Forge Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Pigeon Forge things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pigeon Forge sightseeing.