Pigeon Forge Things to Do

Best Rated Things to Do in Pigeon Forge

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

by lashr1999 Written Nov 29, 2004

Dollywood

Since I'm from New Yoirk, I never had heard of Dollywood before and expected it to be hookey when I did. However, The theme park was a wonderful surprise. We went right after thanksgiving and the place was decked out in lights and decorations for Christmas. The place has some great entertainment shows as well as some good rides. There are also a few country all you can eat buffet places within the park, which you can fill up after your fun day. I wish they had a few more coasters, but it is a great place for the young and old to visit. Definitely a good place to take your whole family.

• Study Abroad

• larsy's Profile Photo

Ice skate at the year round...

by larsy Written Sep 12, 2002

Ice skate at the year round rink, walk around the little shops that sell taffy and stupid wooden toys,take one of those cheesy 'old time photos' they Also have a Ripleys and the Ultimate theme park which sadly I did not get to go to ..Dollywood. Great place for the traveller with no shame.

Old Time Portraits

by TravellerMel Written Apr 12, 2011

There are literally dozens of locations for taking old-time portraits - the information below is for the specific location where we took our picture, but cannot necessarily recommend one over the other. I LOVE dress-up type photos, and since we were on our honeymoon, this is photo we wanted. You can also dress up as 1930's gangsters, hillbillies, riding a Harley motorcycle, or in a bathtub. Very cute! We paid $22 (including tax) for this sepia toned 8"x10" photo - more people in the photo, or color, is additional.

• Photography

Firehouse Golf

by TravellerMel Written Apr 19, 2011

There are many, many, many themed mini-golf courses along the main Parkway - we picked Firehouse Golf because we had a coupon. :-)

Adorable course with lots of bear-fireman themes. Even though my husband beat me soundly, it was softened by the cute decorations along the course. There are two courses from which you can choose...

Price for one round (adult) was $7 - not too bad. It was fun!

• Golf

The Track & Wild Woody Go-Carts

by TravellerMel Updated May 3, 2011

There are two go-cart tracks at this location - the Wild Woody, a 3-story spiraled wooden track, and The Track - a classic track with overpasses. You get a deal if you buy a combination ticket, and there are coupons in all the tourist magazines.

My new husband was horrified that I had never been in a go-cart before (HELLOOOO - I'm a GIRL!!), so we had to stop here. He loved it - I was too nervous. Some guys got behind me on the first track and tried to push me with their car - was NOT fun for me. When we went over to the traditional track, I sat in the passenger seat of my husband's car. That was more enjoyable for me. But all the kids in other cars seemed to enjoy it, so it might be fun for you. I wouldn't do it again...

• Dollywood

by Marie21230 Written Jun 10, 2011

We will be taking our 5th trip to Pigeon Forge this summer. This is my favorite spot to travel. It is relaxing and quiet. The people are friendly. We will be going to Dollywood again. Our family have been to many amusement parks over the years and we love the atmosphere at Dollywood. It is family friendly, clean and the staff really seem to appreciate that you are there. The food is great (Country Cooking). Even my teenager enjoys being there. Tennessee and Dollywood is definitely the place to be.

• Star Tracks 40 MPH Go-Karts

by jsandelier Written Jun 21, 2010
    Entrance

Known nationwide on the internet as one of the fastest go kart tracks at 40 MPH. You’ll love the difference speed makes when it comes to having fun! They also offer a huge arcade loaded with the latest games and an awesome, multi-level Laser Tag arena. Their "road course" track is among the best in the Pigeon Forge area. This company owns three other tracks in town and they have a 'Hopper Pass' so you can experience them all if you want to. You'll love sliding around this slick track at 40 MPH!

• School Holidays

• Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo

Go see The Miracle Theater!

by Ericasmurf99 Written Dec 9, 2008

*Military Discount*

This is not some Christmas church play...it's just like a show on the West End or Broadway! Angels soaring overhead and batteling, stars lighting up overhead, trained animals, and first class singing. All the actors/actresses are very talented! Superb voices! And many more special effects.

The show goes through different stages in the bible; from the beginning of the Earth, the fall of Lucifer, birth of Christ, John the Baptist, His first miracle at the wedding, last supper, Judas betrayal, the cruxifiction, and His return.

Theater Shows Daily :
    Open March Through December
    7:30 P.M. Mon Thru Saturday
    2:00 P.M. Matinees Tuesday, Thursdays, & Saturday

Ticket Pricing:
    Adult: $38.95
    Child: Free*
    Group Rates Available
    (*One Free Child per paying adult)

The also have camel rides in front of the theater and a gift shop.

• Religious Travel
    • Music
    • Theater Travel

MagiQuest is Magical Fun

by TravellerMel Updated Mar 24, 2014

OK, in all honesty, this review could also be listed under "tourist traps", but I had fun, so it goes here. :-) MagiQuest has several different activities under the same castle roof. I had a Groupon which gave us admission to all four - the Odyssey Mirror Maze Adventure, The Vault Lazer Maze (you can channel your inner Catherine Zeta-Jones), a blacklit pirate themed mini-golf course, and the MagiQuest.

I LOVED the MagiQuest - I felt like Harry Potter! When you first go in, you register, choosing your Magi name. Once you are registered, you are given a wand (the basic wand is a "loaner", but of course, you can upgrade to purchase your wand, and various toppers and decorations for the wand), and a Quest Book. At the center of the castle are the Quest Stones (a mini-Stonehenge with computer screens). You point your wand at the screen and select which adventure (or Quest) you would like to experience. Once selected, you follow the clues in the Quest Book to find the items you need to collect to complete the quest. Once found, you point your wand at the item, and it is collected. Once all the items are collected, you report to whichever magical entity is identified, point your wand, and, if you have been successfull, you have completed the Quest, thus earning points and power toward the more difficult adventures, such as battling the dragon.

This is an immersive experience, with different rooms/lands, and I thought it was very cool. It is a timed experience, and my 60 minutes went very quickly. Return Magi get a discount, and you can look for discount coupons at all of the tourist information outlets and most restaurants. I absolutely loved it! There are MagiQuest locations is many other locations, and apparently your points and power transfer to those locations (be sure to remember your Magi Name and to use the same email address).

• Awesome Entertainment - Best Show

by PamfromOhio Written Jul 4, 2009
    The Temptations

I love seeing shows when I travel. As a regular visitor to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tenn. I have seen most of the shows there over the years. Smoky Mountain Theater opened a new show a month or two ago. The Temptations Revue, in my opinion, is a must see show. I've seen it three times in a month. Nate Evans sang with the original Temps. This tribute show is awesome. These guys are talented singers, dancers, and entertainers. Check out the sweet voice of Curtis Taylor - wow! 61 year old Nate Evans is amazing! Take a ride with Nate and the guys and memories will fill your heart and mind. You will love this show!

This is a professional show for a bargain price. See this show before any other! The choreography and harmony are fantastic! Meet the guys after the show - they are so nice!

• Women's Travel
    • Music

• RIPKEN_HOF's Profile Photo

don't get wet

by RIPKEN_HOF Updated Jul 8, 2005

before you ride the Blaster Boats , get some quarters. You can squirt the people in the boats . They will try to get you , but , stand behind the unit. CAUTION...when we got in the boats, all we did was wait for people to walk by and squirted them....

• ClassyGirl's Profile Photo

by ClassyGirl Updated Jun 23, 2004

Surprisingly, Dollywood was very informative and fun! I thought it would be all dazzle, and all about the life of Dolly Parton, but it offers everything from historical information to roller coasters. Dolly's family also puts on cute little shows at stages along the way through the park.

• Theater Travel

• Sassy417's Profile Photo

by Sassy417 Written Nov 17, 2003

Dollywood

From thrilling rides and spectacular shows to master craftsmen. Dollywood Amusement Theme Park is the entertainment capital fo the Smoky Mountains.

• melanief's Profile Photo

Miracle Theater

by melanief Written Oct 21, 2007

Miracle Theater

Miracle Theater is a live action show portraying the life of Jesus Christ. While waiting for the show to start, you can ride a horse or a camel.

• Religious Travel

• melanief's Profile Photo

Carbo's Police Museum

by melanief Written Aug 29, 2006

Carbo's Police Museum

Carbo's Police Museum is a collection of authentic police items from all over the the United States and around the world.

• Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Pigeon Forge

Comments

Pigeon Forge Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Pigeon Forge things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pigeon Forge sightseeing.