Sevierville Restaurants

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
  • Breakfast at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
    Breakfast at Applewood Farmhouse...
  • Breakfast at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
    Breakfast at Applewood Farmhouse...

Most Recent Restaurants in Sevierville

• Applewood Farm House: Led wrong and all down hill from there!

by LJD3205 Written Nov 22, 2012

I'm sure folks have had a good meal here but I am so disappointed in our visit and not getting a reply from management that maybe I'll get somewhere with them from here.

A month ago I contact L. Flynn about the wedding rehearsal dinner for our son and daughter in law and how badly it went and then and only then did she inform me that "they aren't really set up for wedding rehearsal dinners." Really, you couldn't tell me this when I set this up over a month ago and gave you a deposit towards it.

We had 23 people in our party and they gave us one little "older" but very capable waitress to care for all of us. No other wait staff or even a bus person to help clear the dishes. The soup but the time most of the party was served was cold. She then started bringing out our meats, not veggies or anything just a piece of meat on a plate by it's self. Now mind you, this poor waitress is serving plate by plate 23 people going back and forth to the kitchen so those served last had cold food and that happened to be the bride and groom. NICE!!

Then about 15 or so minutes after we received the meat here comes the veggies, mashed potatoes (2 per table of 12 people in cereal size bowls), then green beans with smoked pork that was so strong you couldn't enjoy green beans. What a horrible experience.

I didn't say anything that night because the bride and groom were riding with us and I didn't want to upset them. And I never even see the management walking around anywhere.

I then called Ms Flynn and she said the head manager would call me back probably the next afternoon after he talked to management that day. Guess what? No phone call. I guess they figure they got their money, why should they worry. Well, I have now gone on here and will be visiting other sites to file my complaint and I have also sent a letter the the chamber of commerce and also to the head office for Dollywood. I think they also need to know what is going on in their town because Applewood would not be what it was if Dollywood hadn't made this area what it is.

I know this is long but I have been waiting over a month for a response and I'm done waiting. Applewood you had your chance!!

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant: Friendly Southern Fare

by TravellerMel Updated Apr 13, 2011
    Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant

I came here with friends who live locally - they love it! Turns out, it is a favorite amongst locals and tourists alike. We were seated on the Sun Porch, which features tables with porch swing seating - how cute! Probably less so if you are seated with children who want to see how high the swing can go...

The waitress was just as sweet as could be, and never let our iced tea get below 1/2 full. This in spite of the fact we were there the day after Thanksgiving and it was PACKED!

The food was good and not terribly over-priced, the service was stellar, and the ambiance was wonderful - I will not hesitate to return!

Favorite Dish: I loved the fritters that were brought as a *free* appetizer - they reminded me of little beignets! I ordered the Farmhouse Quiche; it was wonderful, and the portion was very filling. Seriously - I couldn't finish it. My friends enjoyed their pancakes, and the freshly brewed iced tea was delicious!

NOTE: We were there for breakfast, but they do offer a full menu for lunch and dinner as well.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Virgil's 50's Restaurant: Where the Locals Eat

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Oct 18, 2006

Virgil's 50's Restaurant

Virgil's is only open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., which is exactly why you should make it a point to eat here. In a tourist town with dozens of restaurants, this one caters not to tourists, but to the downtown business and courthouse crowd. The food has to be consistently good and the prices reasonable to keep them coming back.

A restaurant has been in this location since 1929, making it the oldest in Sevierville. The name has changed several times over the years. In 1990 Virgil Carr, the current owner, changed the name to Virgil's 50's Restaurant. As the name implies the atmosphere, decor, and music are all disigned to take you back to the 50's - a simpler and happy time for many people. A sign on the front of the restaurant says "Sevierville Bus Station, which is the reminder that this used to be the local stop for the Smoky Mountain Coach Co. The bus stopped running to Sevierville long ago. Today the nearest Greyhound station is 25 miles away in Knoxville.

Favorite Dish: All they serve here is breakfast and lunch. Either is good. I enjoy their Western Omlette for breakfast, or the Country Style Gravy and Biscuits. Both if I'm hungry. For lunch, Virgil's Burger Plate can't be beat for $5.95.

Note:The last time I was in Sevierville I noticed that this restaurant has changed hands and now goes by another name.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

The Apple Barn: Don't miss the fresh apple fritters.

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Feb 10, 2005

Karen in front of the Apple Barn

When I lived in Sevierville, this was one of my favorite places to eat. And when Karen and I returned here for our wedding two years ago, this is where we took the wedding party for lunch following the ceremony. The restaurant is in an old farm house, beside a beautiful historic barn, on a scenic river, and surrounded by an orchard of 4,000 apple trees. It's a beautiful setting, and especially so during apple blossom time. The restaurant is casual but nice, very popular with locals and tourists alike. There will almost always be a line waiting to get in.

Favorite Dish: The fried chicken is sumptuous; the fresh apple fritters are divine. It's all down home, mouth watering, mountain cookin', served in bowls on the table family style. Don't forget the sweet iced tea.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Miss Lillian's Chicken Coop: Have a Merry Chicken

by 807Wheaton Written Jan 20, 2005

When you eat at Miss Lillian's you will be seranaded in style by Miss Lillian herself on her ukele. She has wonderful Christmas Chicken tunes and the food is served buffet style. Desserts are lined up on a table for pickin' and choosin'.
    The great thing about eating here is that you can walk it off after polishing it off.

Favorite Dish: The desserts choices were abundant.

• Theme Park Trips

• Sassy417's Profile Photo

Rocky River Brewery and Grill: Nice place to dine

by Sassy417 Written Nov 22, 2003

The Rocky River Brewery & Grille

The food is delicious here and the service is great. The restaurant is exquisitely beautiful along with the ambience of the place which is spectacular. Casual attire.

Favorite Dish: Prime-rib, b.potato w/salad, roll, iced-tea

Instant Answers: Sevierville

Comments

Sevierville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sevierville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sevierville sightseeing.