Been here? Rate It!
Fort Phantom Hill
Fort Phantom Hill is actually in Anson but is a popular attraction showcased in Abilene. It's actually a privately-owned piece of land but is open to the public for FREE!
The Fort began in the 1850's as forts were established for safety when people were moving west to the new frontier. Fort Phantom Hill was built with three other forts that make up the Texas Forts Trail.
Here you'll find three buildings, and about a dozen chimneys that made up houses for the soldiers. However, the water supply was poor so the fort didn't last long. It's really pretty, though, and can be fun to explore without getting exhausted or lost!
*I didn't have my camera so I'll have to add more from the aunt's computer soon.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Abilene Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tettegouche State Park Hotels
- Alor Setar Hotels
- Washington D.C.
- Thomastown Hotels
- Cologne Hotels