Abilene Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Abilene

• JasonCooper's Profile Photo

apparently theres a bus

by JasonCooper Updated Feb 27, 2006

im not certain but i think some people take a bus around town, ive never taken it because the idea scares me, but hey if you dont have a car then wander around and a bus should show up within three or four hours. otherwise see if you can get a ride with some random dude, most people are friendly i give out rides all the time.

• Car, Bus, Plane - There is a...

by jbrad Written Aug 24, 2002

Car, Bus, Plane - There is a regional airport, serviced by both Continental and American. There is a national bus station in Abilene, and Abilene sits on I-20 about 140 mi. west of Ft. Worth. Soon, Am-track will be including a stop in Abilene.
    Car. There are rental places at the airport, if you don't have your own.

• No Sweat Driving

by AmishGirl Updated Aug 9, 2003

Abilene drivers are far from perfect. I joke that the heat must evaporate our "Signal Fluid" because a lot of people do not use their turning signal.

However, Abilene drivers are by and large very courteous. One trip to another city (especially Austin, where the drivers seem particularly aggressive) makes you appreciate the willingness other drivers here have to let you in in front of them, etc. Add to this the fact that there is very little heavy traffic in Abilene at all. Our only "Traffic Jam" is a local radio station's title for their late afternoon music program.

In Abilene, you have the luxury of being able to drive from anywhere in the city to anywhere else easily within 15 -20 minutes.

There is ongoing construction at a couple of point in town (right now they are widening our already uncrowded freeway). However, the delays are barely noticeablt. (Just watch out for our construction workers.)

• Seniors

• From DFW area take I-20 West...

by meschow Written Aug 26, 2002

From DFW area take I-20 West (150 miles from FT. Worth). From El Paso take I-10 East to I-20 East (444 miles), Midland/Odessa take I-20 East ( 175 miles).

From Lubbock take 83 South 180 miles
    Bring/rent a car. Public transportation is spotty, bad hours, slow.

• Green Trolley Free Rides Through Downtown

by prairiemomma23 Updated Apr 12, 2003

This is a fun way to see downtown Abilene or to get from one end of it to another. I know it runs regularly during the lunch hours, maybe every 15 minutes from the Visitors Center/Depot on North 1st. The rides are free and kids love it.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Abilene

Comments

Abilene Transportation

Reviews and photos of Abilene transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Abilene sightseeing.